• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

hey everyone im fairly new into paintball but i was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for a new marker
PM ME ABOUT PAINTBALL DRAWINGS

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Buy a mask, loader and tank first. Not crappy ones, get the stuff that matters first so when you actually get a nice marker you have nice things to put on it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

What's your budget?

#4 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

What's your budget?

well i have around 300 bucks as of right now and i have a birthday coming up as well so hopefully getting some money for that

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Buy a mask, loader and tank first. Not crappy ones, get the stuff that matters first so when you actually get a nice marker you have nice things to put on it.

#6 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

alright thanks guys i already have a proflex and im not sure what tank and loader i should buy any suggestions on those?

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

A used Ninja tank of your size and a used Rotor, Spire, or Z2.

#8 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

A used Ninja tank of your size and a used Rotor, Spire, or Z2.

alright thank you for the support :)

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

A used superloader (Z2, Rotor, Spire), a Halo Too would work, or even a used Pinokio would be a good choice. As far as tanks go, get a Ninja if you can, but just about any 4500psi tank should do the job nicely. Try the tanks out to see which size fits you best.

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Then when you have money for a gun after buying proper gear, go with the GoG enmey or if electro the gog extcy. If you can go higher, an axe or alien invasion.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#11 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

deffinetly go with the rotor for the hopper.

as far as tank, that's difficult since we don't know how long your arms are.

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

deffinetly go with the rotor for the hopper.

as far as tank, that's difficult since we don't know how long your arms are.

It, as a general rule, when you hold your marker with one arm outstretched, the tank should end at about your elbow. If you're not sure, you can't really go wrong with a 68/4500

#13 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I can. My arms are so stubby, I can't do anything beyond a 45-50ci stubby take.

It's why I miss my 72ci Crossfire peanut. That thing was perfect.

#14 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

loader up to you someone said only go with Rotor but the Z2 and the new Spire are up there also thats up to you, they will all work. get a 68/4500 depending on how big you are. you said you have a good mask thats good. then worry about the gun but if you have a couple hundred bucks after the tank and loader look at a used axe or etek 4. something like that. Also Welcome to TechPb :)

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#15 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

AGREED!

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#16 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

z2>rotor and same as everyone else with the mask, hopper, tank, marker

Lulzjustacat.png

#17 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

ok guys i've bit my tongue long enough.... if your on a budget such as what you've stated find a loader that will feed your gun reliably and not be fucking overkill.... for example if you decide to go with an azodin blitz you don't need a damn rotor, prophecy or spire granted its completely up to you (and is something you can carry over to other guns later down the road)... if he's on a budget what kind of sense would it make to have half of that budget taken up by a loader when even a $1200 gun can be fed reliably by a $50 Fasta? or $100 Scion?

In all seriousness however, they are correct that you should buy your mask, tank, and hopper first. however, try some things so that you find a gun you like that will fit your playing style and is comfy for you to shoulder with the right tank. then once you have a direction start there... because a for example a 98 Custom sure as hell doesn't need a damn rotor to function great

Edited by fatalreaction, 25 January 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

ok guys i've bit my tongue long enough.... if your on a budget such as what you've stated find a loader that will feed your gun reliably and not be fucking overkill.... for example if you decide to go with an azodin blitz you don't need a damn rotor, prophecy or spire granted its completely up to you (and is something you can carry over to other guns later down the road)... if he's on a budget what kind of sense would it make to have half of that budget taken up by a loader when even a $1200 gun can be fed reliably by a $50 Fasta? or $100 Scion?

In all seriousness however, they are correct that you should buy your mask, tank, and hopper first. however, try some things so that you find a gun you like that will fit your playing style and is comfy for you to shoulder with the right tank. then once you have a direction start there... because a for example a 98 Custom sure as hell doesn't need a damn rotor to function great

Hence we recommended buying used. It would be for the same general price as a fasta or scion or halo, but works just as well as a rotor or a prophecy because it IS a rotor or a prophecy.

#19 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yes, but eventually it's cheaper if(when) he wants to upgrade his gear. Why would you shoot a luxe with steely and broken shell TOO? Besides the difference isnt much between quality gear and cheap stuff. A Used rotor is what, 100? New Fasta is around 60. So for the price of a case of low end paint you'd never have to buy another hopper. It just makes sense to buy quality stuff first, especially if it doesnt cost much more.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#20 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

You can use a 48/3000 and an Eggy fine on a Mini, but its going to look pretty stupid on a DM. Buy good buy once.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#21 Pb player eh

Pb player eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I learned that the hard way :(

#22 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

but who says that he's going to get a mid or high-end gun? really, my point is that any gun under 250 will have a hard time out shooting an egg or fasta

#23 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Spyder offers a very slik marker with the mounted scope and all the works. It's the MRX Elite http://paintballguns...yder-mrx-elite/. This gun is pretty good for the price and it costs about $299. Hope this helps, cheers

Edited by AJpaintball4life, 28 January 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Lowest price Paintball equipments

http://paintballgunsforsalenow.com

Over 2000 fans on Facebook:
https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage

#24 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Spyder offers a very slik marker with the mounted scope and all the works. It's the MRX Elite http://paintballguns...yder-mrx-elite/. This gun is pretty good for the price and it costs about $299. Hope this helps, cheers

There's no way that helps. A scope will be impossible to use, as paintballs don't shoot straight, like bullets. And for 300 I'd much rather have a used high end over an overweight tacticool blowback.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#25 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Then when you have money for a gun after buying proper gear, go with the GoG enmey or if electro the gog extcy. If you can go higher, an axe or alien invasion.

Orange loves his GOG/SP...But yeah go ahead and buy some quality stuff first, and if you already have that stuff maybe get a used axe, mini v.3, or dm8?

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#26 mike494

mike494

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I would go with a ninja 68/4500 I got one and I have no regret of buying it and for the hopper I would say rotor or empire z2 but I hear the rotor jams sometimes if you use cheap paint.

#27 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

For $300 I would go used and local. Check Craigs List out in areas near you. You should find some deals there. For $300 I just found a 2 year old Mini used 10 times, with a Rotor, CF tank 68/4500 pur energy tank, a freak barrel kit, Googles, lube, squeege, and barrel sock. Pics look good and if the stuff checks out I am picking it up today. I saw several other good package deals out there. Especially if you can get to the 350-400 range. But some packages are under $300 for lessor guns.

I have seen some Bob Long Marqs with good equipment for 350-400.

You could get a Tippmann A5 or X7 with all the extra equipment for under 300 easy. Look around and take some time, a great deal will come up. New stuff is posted there daily.

Really look at Craig list before you buy cheap new equipment.

#28 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

For $300 I would go used and local. Check Craigs List out in areas near you. You should find some deals there. For $300 I just found a 2 year old Mini used 10 times, with a Rotor, CF tank 68/4500 pur energy tank, a freak barrel kit, Googles, lube, squeege, and barrel sock. Pics look good and if the stuff checks out I am picking it up today. I saw several other good package deals out there. Especially if you can get to the 350-400 range. But some packages are under $300 for lessor guns.

You could get a Tippmann A5 or X7 with all the extra equipment for under 300 easy. Look around and take some time, a great deal will come up. New stuff is posted there daily.

There is nothing wrong with buying used. However, I can not agree with the Craigslist route. The vast majority of sellers overvalue their gear to the point they ask 500.00 for a Spyder Compact and a handfull of out of hydro CO2 tanks. Plus it can be a crap shoot to know what is quality and what is crap. Especially for a new player.

Best bet is the BST here and other sites. Buying used from experienced players, who take care of their gear is almost like buying new.

#29 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

There is nothing wrong with buying used. However, I can not agree with the Craigslist route. The vast majority of sellers overvalue their gear to the point they ask 500.00 for a Spyder Compact and a handfull of out of hydro CO2 tanks. Plus it can be a crap shoot to know what is quality and what is crap. Especially for a new player.

Best bet is the BST here and other sites. Buying used from experienced players, who take care of their gear is almost like buying new.

I saw some crazy overpriced stuff also. But you can get that in BST also. I would say you are more likely to get a average deal in BST, with better than average condition. I think you can get some CL deals that are great, but the final test is what it really looks like when you get to see it. Must be prepared to walk. Buying used can be tricky, and you need to do your home work. First time buyer, might find the feedback system in the BST's of these forum's a little more comforting. Second hand at a field or store might be another option. Buying used will not be for everyone, but many new players have experienced friends that could help.

I saw several really good deals on CL. Some could come with a out of date tanks. But that can be overcome, especially on a HPA tank. Those are worth re-hydroing. CL is just one way to get a good deal on a package. Not every CL deal is worth looking at. Even if my deal does not pan out, I would still watch CL for another deal.

#30 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

FYI, you can buy a brand new macdev drone dx for $430 off of ansgear. I'm picking one up soon actually.

#31 The Don

The Don

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

okay, so nobody here has said anything about a marker, they all took it off topic, your original question was about buying a marker. There's a category here on the formus called best sub-$300 marker. It really depends on what YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR MARKER! There's plenty of people here telling you go to spend $150 on a loader, $150 on a tank, and you don't need a mask you said you've already got proflex's. Save your money until you know exactly what you want out of your gear.

Questions to think about when choosing gear:

How often will you play? (once a week or once a month or once a year)

Where will you be playing? (in the woods or at a field)

How will you be playing? (fast paced speedball or woodsball)

Do you want a mech or electro marker? (it's all about how you want to play)

Do you want to have money left over to spend on gear? (since you're going to need to buy a tank and loader)

#32 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Don't get a rotor!!

They are notorious for jamming with low end paint, and since you're on a budget, that's mostly what you're going to shoot.
Just get an Invert Too. I've fed tons of shit paint through mine and it has only had one jam, which was caused by 2 paintballs stuck together.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#33 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Don't get a rotor!!

They are notorious for jamming with low end paint, and since you're on a budget, that's mostly what you're going to shoot.
Just get an Invert Too. I've fed tons of shit paint through mine and it has only had one jam, which was caused by 2 paintballs stuck together.

They don't jam that much. If yours is jamming, then you probably have the tension adjustment set wrong. I have an TOO and it is much rougher on paint. I shoot $30 field paint that is oblong and dimpled and never have i had a rotor jam. I have fed about 10 cases through my rotor with only cheap paint and so far haven't gotten a jam.

#34 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Buy the pinokio loader for 100$ and a used ninja 68/4500

#35 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

okay, so nobody here has said anything about a marker, they all took it off topic, your original question was about buying a marker. There's a category here on the formus called best sub-$300 marker. It really depends on what YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR MARKER! There's plenty of people here telling you go to spend $150 on a loader, $150 on a tank, and you don't need a mask you said you've already got proflex's. Save your money until you know exactly what you want out of your gear.

Do you want to have money left over to spend on gear? (since you're going to need to buy a tank and loader)

I'd start with answering these questions, and then the choice of a marker gets a bit easier after that.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#36 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'd start with answering these questions, and then the choice of a marker gets a bit easier after that.

The only factors that matter is how often he will play and how much money he has to spend on gear. Whether he plays woodsball or speedball doesn't matter one bit when choosing a marker. The mechanical vs electro, electro obviously, unless you want to get an enmey.

#37 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

The only factors that matter is how often he will play and how much money he has to spend on gear. Whether he plays woodsball or speedball doesn't matter one bit when choosing a marker. The mechanical vs electro, electro obviously, unless you want to get an enmey.

Perhaps he should have said "rec ball vs. competition" instead, but it's still important to know how casual the player wants to be. And electro isn't at all obvious - for all we know he could really want an automag. I believe you just got out of a heated disagreement about the usefulness of a Tippmann in another thread, but nonetheless there are occasions when a 98c really would be the best choice for a certain type of player.

Not everyone is playing the game in the same way, and that makes it difficult to compartmentalize recommendations with the number of ways someone can have fun in paintball. Trying to recommend all electros and GOG products is like looking at the world as if every problem is a nail and the solution is always a hammer.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#38 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Perhaps he should have said "rec ball vs. competition" instead, but it's still important to know how casual the player wants to be. And electro isn't at all obvious - for all we know he could really want an automag. I believe you just got out of a heated disagreement about the usefulness of a Tippmann in another thread, but nonetheless there are occasions when a 98c really would be the best choice for a certain type of player.

Not everyone is playing the game in the same way, and that makes it difficult to compartmentalize recommendations with the number of ways someone can have fun in paintball. Trying to recommend all electros and GOG products is like looking at the world as if every problem is a nail and the solution is always a hammer.

I would say Automag, but that would be unlikely that he knows or wants one, especially for their price new. But as a general thing, we'd recommend gog products and electros. They just work better.
Stop

Hammertime.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users