• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Anyone out there ever played the old paintball before max 300fps or face masks and the paint was oil based, and even better, the paintball "guns" were made entirely out of brass with wooden stocks? I have a few in my collection like this in .62cal. Still function flawlessly minus paintballs. They are from around the 1984-86 era. Just wondering if there is anyone on these sights that can recant some stories of those days.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#2 War0411

War0411

Moose!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

While I wasn't around during the actual time of brass markers, I've owned a few fairly nice ones. I have a nice KP2 with some custom brass sleeving work from a member on MCB named Walz. Waiting on a pirated and darker stained stock to replace the sort of beat up full sized stock on it. I also have a completely custom rebarreled PGP that was nickel plated by another MCB user. I absolutely love the old brass Sheridan's, and they provide a truly unique style of play.

The closet stories I have from that style of play are from the Texas Pump and Pistol game a bunch of MCB'ers put on bi-yearly. There's lots of custom and aged brass, all manner of Nelson's, and everything else under the sun to make old school players drool. We always try to pick large fields that have mostly wooded terrain to give the true stalker feel that paintball originally provided as well. It is among some of the most fun I have in the sport.

Baylor University
PowerPlay Paintball

Posted Image

#3 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

While I wasn't around during the actual time of brass markers, I've owned a few fairly nice ones. I have a nice KP2 with some custom brass sleeving work from a member on MCB named Walz. Waiting on a pirated and darker stained stock to replace the sort of beat up full sized stock on it. I also have a completely custom rebarreled PGP that was nickel plated by another MCB user. I absolutely love the old brass Sheridan's, and they provide a truly unique style of play.

The closet stories I have from that style of play are from the Texas Pump and Pistol game a bunch of MCB'ers put on bi-yearly. There's lots of custom and aged brass, all manner of Nelson's, and everything else under the sun to make old school players drool. We always try to pick large fields that have mostly wooded terrain to give the true stalker feel that paintball originally provided as well. It is among some of the most fun I have in the sport.

Two of these ones I have were manufactured in New Zealand and are full size gun style markers that had intragal CO2 chambers instead of 12gr or other supply. One is a pump but is shaped like an FN assault rifle and the other is a lever action the size of a Winchester model `94 Trapper rifle. Among the others is an M16 Stinger Pump that was made in Edmonton Alberta back in `86. A field I worked at once was Run by a guy that has been into paintball since it started and had more old PB guns rusting in sheds that would make collectors drool. Im very good at airsmithing and fixing just about anything, so i`d take a few of these old markers and get one or two back in action and play against the customers with them. Since I offered my service to that field for free and was a good friend of the owner, he gave me quite a few of these odd, rare, old classics that I`d fix. I`ve only met a handfull of older players out around that remember these days, smelling like turpintine from the last oil based paintballs they wiped off their way outdated PB outfit. I like and respect the high rate of fire air bunker sport of paintball and all before it as well, but love the games of old when things started and for the most part it was for grown ups and considered dangerous for the under 18 crowd. I`m in the military and have been for 16yrs, and some of these players I`ve met only had paintball to get them close to actually being in the army. Because of that, they kinda storm around like retarded rambos, thinkn they`re all that and a bag of chips. Ah well, at least it`s more fun to goggle those guys. lol If I mispell something I`ve probably seen it but just couldn`t care to go back and correct it.

Edited by ToolCribGuy72, 24 January 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#4 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Lotsa Brass in my collection. Mostly Sheridan & PMI...But only three have full wood stocks.
(sorry, four have wood stocks but one is homemade and not brass)
Yes, one of the KP's has a nickle plate, but it's brass underneath~
Posted Image
CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

300FPS+ to the teeth makes me shudder.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Those are some fantastic markers. Very nice part of your collection, and they all still work I hope? As for the 300+ yeah I`m sure hits left a nice mark. I was told with calibers like .62 that their slightly smaller size made a difference in their weight as they flew to target and most of the time would hit at range to the same pressure that .68cal would impact at slightly less than 300+. I know this is for another topic, and I apologize to those on this topic, but since the C3 topics were closed, I was unable to do it there. I`m very sorry I wasn`t on here to add my opinion on the C3 back before it became a "dead topic". I was busy doing other things in life and didn`t have time to to sign in to any of these forum sites and comment then. I took it that these forums were a place to chat and add a view on something, but I see that`s only if I`m on time, otherwise, too late, forever hold your lips. Maybe signing in to here was a mistake, and I`ll just stick to never using this thing and go do something better.

#7 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Once again to people on this topic, I apologize for that.

#8 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

it's not that hard, you are supposed to read the rules when you sign up for your account, if you want to talk about something that is an old thread don't dig back and bring up a thread from four or more years ago, just make a new one. it's not rocket science. typically old threads are brought back as a joke and it is in the rules that it is not allowed. it clutters the forum and makes it harder to manage the servers. and it is considered trolling/spamming

read the rules.

http://www.techpb.co...p?showforum=524

Edited by Demon, 25 January 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#9 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Once again to people on this topic, I apologize for that.

Love means never having to say you're sorry. :wub:
(I'm sorry for that bad 70's movie line)

Let me make it up to everyone here with some pics of decent brass that doesn't have wood attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

No, Demon is right. I didn`t read the rules completely, I never figured something like that was an issue, but since it is, I`ll make a better effort to not do it again. Ten years I`ve read misinformed people typing up all kinds of bad things on these forums about products before they tried them for themselves. I just shouldn`t have waited so long to jump in. Back to the oldies, those are some fantastic specimens. The field I used to work at out west had many older players that would show up and pretty much dominate the woods ball games with such markers. At work I advertise If anyone has old or even newer PB equipment that they just don`t want anymore. You would be amazed how much stuff for free I`ve received. Unfortunately never anything from back in the days of Paintball`s start. However, all the markers and masks and such I do get, I fix and clean and give away to kids around my area that will respect them and use them properly. I would open my own field if there was the infrastructure here for it, or I was just filthy rich and could make it the first free to play field. Are those markers all of Sheridan origins? I love the long tank and polished aluminum stock on one, nice craftsmanship. I`d like to post some of my pics on here, but how I put them up on FB isn`t working here. I shunned technology too long, I know. Someone able to give me a step by step on getting them from my Pictures Library to here? Also, if typing these long winded paragraphs is annoying for most on here, I`ll also try to cut `em down some, I wasn`t looking to come here and piss everyone off.

#11 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

No, Demon is right. I didn`t read the rules completely, I never figured something like that was an issue, but since it is, I`ll make a better effort to not do it again. Ten years I`ve read misinformed people typing up all kinds of bad things on these forums about products before they tried them for themselves. I just shouldn`t have waited so long to jump in. Back to the oldies, those are some fantastic specimens. The field I used to work at out west had many older players that would show up and pretty much dominate the woods ball games with such markers. At work I advertise If anyone has old or even newer PB equipment that they just don`t want anymore. You would be amazed how much stuff for free I`ve received. Unfortunately never anything from back in the days of Paintball`s start. However, all the markers and masks and such I do get, I fix and clean and give away to kids around my area that will respect them and use them properly. I would open my own field if there was the infrastructure here for it, or I was just filthy rich and could make it the first free to play field. Are those markers all of Sheridan origins? I love the long tank and polished aluminum stock on one, nice craftsmanship. I`d like to post some of my pics on here, but how I put them up on FB isn`t working here. I shunned technology too long, I know. Someone able to give me a step by step on getting them from my Pictures Library to here? Also, if typing these long winded paragraphs is annoying for most on here, I`ll also try to cut `em down some, I wasn`t looking to come here and piss everyone off.

To upload pictures, you can upload them to an image hosting site such as photobucket, and there is an option to copy the image code. When you paste the code, the image will show up.
You can also upload them to facebook, and copy and paste the photo from there.

#12 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Nice, I`ll give that a try when I get more time, Thanks!

#13 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Tried the copy/paste, didn`t work as planned. pics wouldn`t show. I`m still a meat popsicle when it comes to doing certain things on a computer.

Edited by ToolCribGuy72, 26 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#14 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I started playing back with PGP's being the norm. The field that I got to play at, twice, had just gotten in a larger rifle (Thinking back, it was probably a KP2), but we all played with PGP's, except one person who decided to give the rifle a go. We all wore shop goggles, like what people wear in Chemistry class. LOL, I even bunkered three people with a PGP. It was great.

Now, I have a small collection of a KP3, a Nightmare SB, an RTP Viper, and I just got a Piranha LB.

#15 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Ive got 3 PMI-1's, a KP2, a KP3, a P68DF, an AGA62, a 3357, a nightmare LB/SB Comp, and a phantom. I have like 10 more, but I cant think of them atm. I also have a NIB Micro CAII, and 3 6PAKs (1 righty and 2 leftys.). I really prefer older markers, they have more character than newer ones.

I think you would like my Frankenstein PMI-1, I tried to make it as old school cool as possible, Its got; an Assault Line L stock, a 6PAK, battle grips, a nice raincover and a PK45.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#16 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

It`s funny how much i wish paintball could revert back to those days. 6PAK, damn that`s still one of my all time favorite paintball inventions. I know there are still some guys around that love to play with the old gear, but it`s hard to get them all together in one place around here. If I lived in a place with the infrastructure, I`d open a field where it`s only mechanical, semis and pumps with stick feed or gravity cans and respect for just some fun the old way.

#17 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Here in New England, we have lots of players who are old skool.
We don't have any particular field that is dedicated to the old way of play.
But we do have internet.

Several times during the season someone will give the shout and arrange a date at some field, then all the old-skool players gather for a day of fun. Some games are any sort of pumpgun, others are strictly Stock Class.
These games are most often run privately at public fields - Like a Birthday party at the field would be.

Even the most restricted of games (single 12g pumps, no hoppers or stick-feeds) we will have 40 players show up.
We also have larger games like Pump Pandemonium at EMR every year, where I've seen over 200 pump players on the field at once.

#18 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

How in the hell do I get pics off my fb profile and post them on here! I have two I'd love you all to see. They don't take constant air and don't take 12gr disposables. Back when everyone was on 12gr and wishing for constant air, these ones had built in chambers that took 3oz with a special adaptor to fill them. Their description is in my post at the top.

Edited by ToolCribGuy72, 04 March 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#19 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

You'll want to upload them to a website like Photobucket and then post the image code on here. Here are some pictures of my brass.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Frankenstein's monster type PMI-1!

Posted Image

#20 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Nice! I love the old Sharpshooter Iron Sight and the Six Pack 12gram changer, such add ons make these more the upgraded high end guns of their time! I tried the photobucket thing a couple times now and I couldn't them over to that sight, but I have a few computer whizes on base that can help me sort it out. I won't rest till I learn how to do this simple ass task on here.

#21 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

http://i1278.photobu...zps7375dca0.jpg

http://i1278.photobu...zps29a09fb7.jpg

Try to see if these show up, they are my .62cal collection.

#22 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Almost got it bud, You posted the direct links.

You want the Image code if you want to embed them like mine.

Posted Image

You should see this box on the right side of Photobucket, just click the IMG code and paste it on here, then it should become embedded.

Fantastic collection, I really like the one on the top in the second picture. They all looks like custom / Home-brew work and that is really cool.

I have a big bag of .62 cal for my AGA 62, I cant use it though because I got a wad of paper stuck in it.

#23 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

I'll try it that way next time and see if it works for me. :) They all do look like almost garage made guns but I've seen the pics of the factory that made them. The gentleman that gave them to me worked there back then.

#24 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

I look forward to see some more picture of them. I recently started making some videos about my collection, they are rather boring but I'v been holding off on my Sheridan video because I wanted my KP3 in it. Now I just have to fly it home lol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users