• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

alright so I have seen some videos where they upgrade the axe bolt with the XSV/Infamous and V2 bolt I think. So I was just wondering does it really work that good, quiet and more efficent I mean? And I mean a serious diffrence not just a little.

Thanks

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

It is a REALLY noticeable difference.

#3 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

It is a REALLY noticeable difference.

Ok so then which is the better bolt XSV or the V2?

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

They are really both the same but the team bolts have o-rings that are more resistance to wear.

#5 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

ok, so when switching to the team bolt how much more efficent does the gun become? Just wondering

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I really do not know. I believe it was somewhere around 2-3ish pods. with a 50/4500

#7 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Alright well then I will probably get one when I get my Axe I guess :D
Thanks!

#8 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Boss V2 Bolt is freakin sick man, it makes the axe silky smooth.

Edited by LegionPB, 24 January 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#9 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

The Boss bolt is cool. Also check out the Lurker bolt: it actually changes the way the gun fires to get maximum efficiency.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#10 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

So many bolts… haha just not sure which one to go with.

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

The Boss bolt is cool. Also check out the Lurker bolt: it actually changes the way the gun fires to get maximum efficiency.

Eh, not so much in the case. He changed things up so it's not a slow cycle and there's less force on the bolt, but the efficiency was not one of the main concerns with the bolt. Sure, it's better, but it's not like the efficiency is maximized with the Axe/Mini Eigenbolt.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#12 superbadchad45

superbadchad45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I made my own delrin bolt. My family has a machine shop with CNC mills and lathes. It look a ton of measuring down to ten thousands of an inch to create a schematic of the stock bolt and I just created it out of delrin. I like knowing I made my axe my very own. :) However, since your family may not own a machine shop, You can't go wrong with the boss bolt. Easier installation than the Lurker bolt and you also don't have to worry about the spacer coming lose.

#13 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I made my own delrin bolt. My family has a machine shop with CNC mills and lathes. It look a ton of measuring down to ten thousands of an inch to create a schematic of the stock bolt and I just created it out of delrin. I like knowing I made my axe my very own. :) However, since your family may not own a machine shop, You can't go wrong with the boss bolt. Easier installation than the Lurker bolt and you also don't have to worry about the spacer coming lose.

Yeah my lack of a machine shop does make that difficult haha

#14 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

For a while it was popular for people to buy both a Lurker bolt and a boss bolt, then use parts from each to create a "blurker/eigenboss" bolt. Soon after, Snipez figured out a way to add his own kind of o-ring or spacer (can't remember exactly what the issue was now) to reproduce the same effect with just buying the lurker eigenbolt. If you buy a new eigenbolt, it will already have this modification to give the increased blurker/eigenboss performance. The Boss bolts are more "drop-in" with their own spring, while the Lurker requires reuse of the stock spring and the addition of the spacer. The spacer installation is pretty tight and is probably the main source of complaints regarding the more complicated installation.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#15 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

RIght after putting the boss bolt v2 on my axe, i didn't notice a difference at all. I was rather disappointed so i put the stock bolt back on and right away, i noticed a difference. For me, the stock bolt is not as smooth, louder, and also sounds deeper/lower.

#16 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

For a while it was popular for people to buy both a Lurker bolt and a boss bolt, then use parts from each to create a "blurker/eigenboss" bolt. Soon after, Snipez figured out a way to add his own kind of o-ring or spacer (can't remember exactly what the issue was now) to reproduce the same effect with just buying the lurker eigenbolt. If you buy a new eigenbolt, it will already have this modification to give the increased blurker/eigenboss performance. The Boss bolts are more "drop-in" with their own spring, while the Lurker requires reuse of the stock spring and the addition of the spacer. The spacer installation is pretty tight and is probably the main source of complaints regarding the more complicated installation.

So besides being harder to install, which is the better choice. Not looking at the install process just performance.

#17 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

So besides being harder to install, which is the better choice. Not looking at the install process just performance.

Id say boss bolt. I have my pressure set all the way down as far as it will go and will still cycle and dropped in the short spring and lowered my dwell and it shoots money. Its really smooth...REALLY smooth and the sound sig. is much quieter. It is one of the nicest poppets I've shot I cant say enough good things about it.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#18 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Id say boss bolt. I have my pressure set all the way down as far as it will go and will still cycle and dropped in the short spring and lowered my dwell and it shoots money. Its really smooth...REALLY smooth and the sound sig. is much quieter. It is one of the nicest poppets I've shot I cant say enough good things about it.

And I'd argue the Lurker bolt. There have been a couple of people do comparison videos between the two bolts, and the Lurker consistently seems to get higher velocities than the Boss bolt (should translate to more efficiency).
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users