10 replies to this topic

#1 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Budget is $500, I'd imagine he could go $550 though. He currently has a v3 mini, and is thinking about what gun to get for summer. Im assuming he will sell the mini for more cash but im not sure. He would rather buy new. There's the empire axe, macdev drone, alien invasion, proto reflex, pe etek... What are ur opinions?
Edit: Reflex, Alien, or Drone?

Edited by Rhino1909, 24 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#2 paintballcrazy89

paintballcrazy89

John R3D C0RN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Budget is $500, I'd imagine he could go $550 though. He currently has a v3 mini, and is thinking about what gun to get for summer. Im assuming he will sell the mini for more cash but im not sure. He would rather buy new. There's the empire axe, macdev drone, alien invasion, proto reflex, pe etek... What are ur opinions?

I under stand he wants to buy new but with all the great used guns out there for a good price. why buy guns like you stated? he could get a g6r / geo2 / geo2.1 / victory / any regular ego / any dm's / he could get a v2 clone or a clone vx for and those are the best spoolie you can buy
Wise Words from (Lunatic_on_high) lol what can i say when you dont have money and love PB this is where you belong

silver creed F/S/T

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

What is he looking for in the gun. Does he wanna play tournaments or just strictly woodsball or recball?
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Idk, he just wants a brand new gun. and Recball and tourney I guess, all these guns are tourney capable I'm assuming. He wants "Smooth trigger, efficient, shoots brittle paint, comfortable to hold, quiet, sexiness"

#5 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

axe wins in all of those except the comfortability of holding. However, ergos can be personal preference and I actually like the way the axe feels in the hands.

#6 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

G6R wins most of those categories if you upgrade it.. Efficient, smooth and quiet generally dont fit in the same boat. Poppet valves are the most efficient but they are loud and may not be that smooth. Spoolies are quiet, and smooth but not that efficient. I guess it's another one of those poppet vs spoolies sort of thing.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

G6R wins most of those categories if you upgrade it.. Efficient, smooth and quiet generally dont fit in the same boat. Poppet valves are the most efficient but they are loud and may not be that smooth. Spoolies are quiet, and smooth but not that efficient. I guess it's another one of those poppet vs spoolies sort of thing.

He said his friend wants a new gun so great, new guns in the price range are the axe, drone, etek 4, invasion, and reflex rail. Out of those i would get the axe which has the best trigger and has great effiiency, shot quality, etc..

#8 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

K, alien, reflex, or drone?

#9 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I would get a drone. I don't like how people like the axe just because it is used in tournaments, if he wants to get new get a drone because axes are overpriced imo.

#10 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

ide say Alien.

#11 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

out of those drone, alien, and reflex id get the drone. Axes perform very well and the trigger is really nice. The only thing that the axe could possible lose in is ergos which is personal preference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users