Photo

Some tips for being less of a sarcastic asshole?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I am a nice person and I do care about people but I am a gigantic sarcastic asshole to some people who don't deserve it and I try to keep quite when I see swag or yolo or some stupid facebook post about 12 year old girls in love (I'm 13, 14 on march 24th) and I can't resist being sarcastic or keeping quite.

Story time, one of my teachers got mad at me for a pretty bad reason and she would've only talked to me for 2 minutes but instead I needed to have a comeback to everything she said (this was at lunch) So as retaliation to this, she wasted half my lunch break because I couldn't shut up and listen.

I developed this from being verbally bullied and I found being sarcastic really helps but I took it too far. I know I can fix this as I've also fixed my anger issues (I would hold my feelings in until somebody got on my last nerve and then I flipped out on them)

So any advice regarding stopping the urge to speak would be appreciated.
And on a side note, I get distracted in class easy and does anybody have some advice for that?

Thanks.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Bite your tongue and take it.

You are learning a very important life lesson of taking shit from people. This is useful in jobs and getting out of trouble.

#3 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Bite your tongue and take it.

You are learning a very important life lesson of taking shit from people. This is useful in jobs and getting out of trouble.

This x10000

#4 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

but I am a gigantic sarcastic asshole to some people who don't deserve it

maybe assuming other people deserve to be treated that way in the first place is your biggest problem
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

One thing I've learned over time, is while it is immensely amusing to shoot off some smartass comment, sometimes, no a lot of times, the absolute best thing you can say is nothing.

#6 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

There are proper times to be a sarcastic asshole, and then there are other times, where you have to watch what you say. You'll experiment and learn. Often it depends on the other person.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Seclude yourself from others, or you could try duct tape.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

think it. laugh in your head. shut the fuck up.
how i did it

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#9 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

we all know that i know a little something about being a sarcastic asshole.

and honestly literally biting my tongue works the best for me. and really think about what your gonna say too, it helps.
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#10 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

If someone is a swaglet and they try to come at you then do not be scared to retaliate and make them look stupid. If someone who is generally nice makes a joke about you though, you need to laugh it off. Most of the time when someone takes something offensively as a teenager it is something that was never meant to be took offensively. Most of the time us teenagers are just making jokes and if you do not know how to take a joke that is a serious life problem. If you are just shooting off smart-ass remarks to people who come at you first then feel free to continue what you are doing, I do believe people need to be put in their place. Be careful who you mouth off to though, I learned the hard way that there are people who will get physically violent and those are never fun situations no matter which side you come out on.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users