• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Hey guys, let me first start off by saying I'm new here so bear with me if I'm in the wrong section haha.

But off to the main concern. I've been looking into upgrading to a ego 11. Now ANS offers a very large variety of colors for the marker, so my question is, has anybody had problems with the anodizing? I did read one topic about the anodizing being "too thick" for the valve. But has anyone here bought one of these custom anodized markers and the anodizing been "off" or really crappy?i It says its done through Planet eclipse, so I'm assuming its just like the others they offer off of PE's website? Quality wise that is.

Thanks!
SN
SN

#2 SpaceMan

SpaceMan

SpaceMan is Unstoppable

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

ansgear wont sell you a marker that wont work out of the box. well even if they some how do they would more than likely work with you. if youve thought about going used you could always pick up a custom used ego11 for a cheaper price than one from ansgear. goodluck!

#3 Karnokr

Karnokr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

The real question you should be asking is "does Planet Eclipse warranty a non-factory anodized marker"? And if they don't, will ANS Gear handle any warranty situations that may arise?

Edited by Karnokr, 25 January 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Hand of Fate Scenario Paintball Team

http://www.facebook....s/HOFpaintball/

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

The real question you should be asking is "does Planet Eclipse warranty a non-factory anodized marker"? And if they don't, will ANS Gear handle any warranty situations that may arise?

In the OP it says that the anno is done by PE.

#5 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Space man: that is one reason I like ANSgear always had great service from them. So there's not really a problem with the anodizing? Good to know! I have a hard time buying used. Always been a weird trait of mine. Nothing better than opening a brand new, unused marker!

Karnokr: ***NOTE*** This marker was produced and anodized by Planet Eclipse to be distributed exclusively through ANSgear.com!!! Full warranty applies ***NOTE*** I believe that planet eclipse does include these guns under warranty from what I've read, excluding this "***note****"

SN

In the OP it says that the anno is done by PE.

I know. I was just making sure the quality was just as good before I pulled the trigger. And wanted to make sure there weren't a lot of problems with them

SN

Edited by SNmustang95, 25 January 2013 - 01:10 AM.

SN

#6 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

Master of the Ellipsis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Ans gets pe anno'd markers, covered by pe's warranty

If you believe the nay-sayers what you have to look out for is the "ans exclusive colors" though I bought ans exclusive anno'd minis twice and both were fine (not the best anno but zero tollerance issues)

#7 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I had a Dangerous Power FX in an ANS exclusive color (teal/bronze) and it was perfectly fine. No tolerance issues, shot fine, and the anno didn't seem particularly weak or anything. You'll be fine.

And if I recall correctly, Planet Eclipse does warranty the exclusive colors, but they may not always have replacement parts in that exact color.

Edited by nighthunter, 25 January 2013 - 03:08 PM.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#8 Cole N

Cole N

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

We're can you get a ego 11 for cheap besides Craigslist and eBay?

#9 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Check the BST section here, on MCarterBrown, and on PBNation*. Sometimes you can find sweet deals.

*if you buy on PBNation, make sure the seller has feedback, and always use Papal (non-gifted) to avoid getting scammed.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users