Photo

New Vs. Used

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Current Gun: New Vs. Used (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you buy current marker new or used?

1. New (22 votes [37.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

2. Used (36 votes [62.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have noticed a lot of people advising that you purchase a higher grade used gun as opposed to a lower grade new gun. I know personally I would only buy a marker new even if I could have a used one that was a little bit better.
I am curious to see how many people actually bought their current marker used or new. It is easy to tell someone else to buy a used gun, but did you actually do it?

Please only vote based on your current main shooter!
If you truly split your playing time evenly between multiple guns feel free to vote for both.

Edited by philip0871, 25 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#2 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I almost don't see buying anything new as an option anymore. You can get some amazing deals on markers that work just as well as brand new ones. I got my Geo 2.1 for 600 bucks, and it came with a freak barrel as well as stock, and its in great shape.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I got a whole setup (Etha, Rotor, i4, NXE pack) for just over the price of a new Etha. Buy from someone with good feedback (they're trusted and will know what they're doing with their markers so they'll have been well taken care of) and you can great deals that work like a charm.

#4 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Used is the way to go for sure. Got a used mini for $100. Used axe for $300 with a bunch of UPs. And got a used luxe 2.0 for $500. Used is the way to go for sure .I never had a problem with any of them either.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#5 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

All my current stuff I purchased new. But have in the past purchased or traded for used guns.

Both have benefits. But personally like my new stuff it means I KNOW it's been properly maintained. And I like knowing the story behind each nick or scratch as the guns age. I keep my stuff for a long time so eating the depreatiation is not as big a deal.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Let someone else pay for the first year's depreciation. If the noid and the board work, pretty much anything else can be fixed relatively easily. (My main guns: PM8, Alias, CCMed Prostock pump, all bought used, online.)

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Used all the way for me, why shoot a Mini or an Extcy when you can shoot a Shocker, Intimidator, Quest, DM, Ego, etc for the the same price or cheaper?

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

If buying online, new. I can't get my self to trust people online nor could i put my money at risk. However, the marker i currently have was used. I bought my used axe from a teammate after playing with it for a while to make sure there weren't any problems.

#9 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Go used!!!! Got my NME used a few years back and still shoots like it came out of the box yesterday...Your best bet would be to get a used DYE DM10-12, FEP Quest, AXE, MARQ etc...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#10 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well of course i would be the one to buy a old timmy and have it break so i love my mini for peace of mind but i hate the trigger and asa so buying used can be a gamble but has its benefits but i personally will never be buying used again also i bought a used vlocity and it broke to

#11 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

3/4 of my main shooters are used. Two of the three used guns are between 5-10 years old. All of them work just fine and look sexy to boot.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I bought my Emp sniper, Mini, and TiPX used. And the best part, Kee tech is in the house doing free tech this weekend So that mini and sniper at so going to work at peak soon enough
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#13 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

I voted used. Though my Vicious Geo 3 was new as was my trilogy pump, 5 of my other 6 current markers that collectively beat out the Geo 3 on playing time were all used, as were all of my previous main markers except my first. Even if you don't feel comfortable buying used from a forum, stores like Trade My Gun allow you to get a better marker for the same price as a new gun along with a warranty.

A brief history:
Blitz: New
Etek 3 LT: Used
Vego 9: Used
Trilogy Pump: New
Ripper 2 Timmy: Used
Marq 7: Used
Shocker SFT: Used
Legend: Used
Geo +: Used
Piranha USP: Used
VGeo 3: New
Shocker SFT: Used
Toxic Shocker SFT: Used
CCM'd Free Flow Lotus pump: Used

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

My loaner gun, the gog enmey, I obviously bought new. I'll *maybe* take it out if I didn't take anyone new out to play on that day, but I'll mostly use my Ion. My Ion I got in exchange for making a employee shirt design for my friend's dad. The extcy that I have I got used from my brother. The JT Tac-5m recon was bought used from a local store for 30 bucks, and my Azodin Kaos-D my friend practically gave me for like 25 dollars cause he was going to play airsoft. So yeah, I buy used, I recommend used. That does, however, come with a price: I really REALLY want to buy markers new just for the sake of knowing its new, and the feeling of unboxing it.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 27 January 2013 - 12:02 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I got three great guns used. I got a Marq6 $ 300, timmy gen4 $200, and I just pick up a shocker $ 225. Don't get me wrong, some thing I will not buy used like a mask and air tank. There is nothing wrong with buying used.

#16 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Definitely buy used. My Vic only cost $530, and was $1000 three years ago. If you go with a new mid-end, you'll be longing for a highend in the future.

#17 stillstanding

stillstanding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I tend to find it hard to buy used,beacuse then you have to worrie about replacing the O rings and so forth, its just too much hasel i find its just best to get a clean new gun in perfect working order.

#18 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I tend to find it hard to buy used,beacuse then you have to worrie about replacing the O rings and so forth, its just too much hasel i find its just best to get a clean new gun in perfect working order.

I disagree with you... greatly.

#19 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Bought my demon used and got 2013 internals for it and only paid $935 total. Where as if I bout it new I would pay $1250. Only has 5 cases through when I got it so pretty much fully new. Regardless I have a new bolt and manifold with all new orings.

Edited by mustangs, 27 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#20 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I've had close to 70 used guns... I will never buy a brand new marker, it's just silly.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#21 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

The last gun I bought new was a Trilogy Sport back in 2009. Every single gun I've bought since has been used. In fact, the only guns I own now were bought used.
With most guns, I see no reason whatsoever to buy new.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

The last gun I bought new was a Trilogy Sport back in 2009. Every single gun I've bought since has been used. In fact, the only guns I own now were bought used.
With most guns, I see no reason whatsoever to buy new.

Unless you're me, who's never had the satisfaction of opening a nice new marker. I'll probably buy a new Axe or Alien Invasion, even though I just found them both used on Ebay for 100$ less than their new price.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#23 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

i bought my first marker, a BT Delta new. second marker, etek3 new. And the marker i currently use a CCM'd 2k5 WGP superstock used. i still own the etek3 and it hasn't seen the field in months, all my time is taken up by the superstock which i haven't has any issues with even though its over 6 years old and beaten to hell. me etek however gave me a lot of problems when it was new, now that i've used it a lot it's calmed down and hasn't had an issue in a while. my vote is to buy used, if you can see that it has no issues via a video or something of the like it is way better to buy used.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users