Photo

How many of you do this. Paying it forward paintball style.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

#2 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

If I had more experience I would do it

#3 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I have had help from more experienced players when I first got into the game and have always helped others when I played when they needed help. Good karma in, good karma out.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#4 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

No one helped me when I first started I learned the basics and Mike helped me out with his videos.I figured I would take the initiative to help others on the field. When I go to the field, I will help renters and youngsters move up. I will show them good spots to move too and cover them. They really learned a lot from this and can now easily find a good time and spot to move up to. I do whatever I can to help people get into paintball!
\Posted Image

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I didn't get a lot of help when I started, with the exception of pointers on how to keep my guns working from more experienced players. But there was one time I helped out a new player on field as you described.

There was a game of capture the fort, one team defending and the attacking team had to touch the fort to win.

The closest people to the fort were me and a younger kid who was behind me. I would tell him when to move up and where he should go, then cover him as he moved up, and I continued to lay down all the paint I had until I got him up to the fort to touch it and win the game. He was so happy that he got to touch the fort, as we played fort like 3 or 4 times so far that day and nobody had been able to do it. Worth it.

#6 PB_Daddy

PB_Daddy

• Players Club
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

This is one of my favorite things to do in paintball. I love helping renters move around field, what to look for, etc. There have been times when I strapped my pack to a youngster handed him my marker and let them go nuts with it. I believe this is how we grow our sport. Not to light up the newbs up with a stream of paint, but show them good sportsmanship and teamwork so they keep coming back.

Milsig MKIII

Automag RT #3083
GOG G-1

#7 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I remember when I was 10 it was the first time I had ever played. An experienced guy tought me how to get low and move up effectively. He covered me while moving up and I got my first elimination ever. After the game I gave him a high five and thanked him. I never saw him again. That was the greatest game I've ever been in purely because it was my first kill, he was extremely nice, and I was having a really bad day and if not for him I probably wouldn't have kept playing.

Ohio Raiders 

#8 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Absolutely. I always do walk-ons with newer players and will help them in whatever way I can. I even offer to let them use my gun on occasion, though most will turn it down because it's a pump :P . But I get great satisfaction when I keep a newbie or two alive long enough to shoot their first guy out.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I basically had my friends dad, whos been in it from the start (ive seen his old splatmaster, with one of the earliest serial numbers nmmade for paintball), teach me dear god everything I know about the sport. I still play with his son and our little group of friends. Ive been the most dedicated to paintball out of them, playing every weekend and doing drills, and although ive been doing that for 3 years, he still manages to teach me more than I can handle. So I do the same to newbies at the field. I love picking the kid ballsy enough to talk to the "D3 tourny pro player" out when we're picking teams, and I teach him everything he needs to know about playing. He asks questions, I give him help. All the other newbies start to crowd around me and ask for help and stuff, and I am more than happy helping them. I take a few with me and have them go in a 'squad' with me, and they love it.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I basically had my friends dad, whos been in it from the start (ive seen his old splatmaster, with one of the earliest serial numbers nmmade for paintball), teach me dear god everything I know about the sport. I still play with his son and our little group of friends. Ive been the most dedicated to paintball out of them, playing every weekend and doing drills, and although ive been doing that for 3 years, he still manages to teach me more than I can handle. So I do the same to newbies at the field. I love picking the kid ballsy enough to talk to the "D3 tourny pro player" out when we're picking teams, and I teach him everything he needs to know about playing. He asks questions, I give him help. All the other newbies start to crowd around me and ask for help and stuff, and I am more than happy helping them. I take a few with me and have them go in a 'squad' with me, and they love it.

That's awesome :)

#11 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'll try to do this if I see a kid by himself who is having a hard time. Basically I try to cover them and tell them when to move up so they can get kills.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Fuck that just shoot people refill then do it again, but maybe its cause usually play local tournies instead of recball..... :/
109.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users