Photo

Proto Rail 2011 Vs. GoG eXTCy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Proto Rail 2011 Vs. GoG eXTCy Vs. Other (Specify) (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Proto Rail 2011 Vs. GoG eXTCy Vs. Other (Specify)

1. 2011 Proto Rail (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. GoG eXTCy (10 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Other (Specify) (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hey guys im a fairly new player, I've been lurking these forums for a while now and figured its about time I make an account and post! Anyways im looking to upgrade from my basic Tippmann Alpha Black Tactical (great gun) and so far i have narrowed down my choices to the Proto Rail 2011 or the GoG eXTCy. Im no the most mechanically inclined person but I feel I can maintain both markers fine. I have a E-Vent mask, 3000 psi Guerilla tank and a shake and shoot hopper. I have read up extensively on markers/hoppers and i think the Halo Too is a good choice. (Feel free to suggest something else). But I am still undecided between these two markers and i am currently leaning toward the eXTCy. If anyone could please help me decide or maybe even provide another option. Thanks ^_^

*I know allot of people on these dislike the Gardner brothers but if we can keep personal feelings out of the discussion and stick to which one is the better marker it would be appreciated. ^_^ thanks

#2 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I would check out the BST for a few things, a used eXTCy or Mini, and a new loader. A used rotor is probably your best bet if you're on a budget as it will work great and should be around $100. For a marker, Minis are great if you are OK with the ergos, but otherwise, just get an eXTCy.
Mini
http://www.techpb.co...1
eXTCy (can't tell if its still for sale but...)
http://www.techpb.co...1

Both are great markers So that shouldn't be an issue, a Rotor will be good used and your current tank is debatable but too exp to upgrade if you're on a budget, hope this helps!

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#3 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks alot man i really appreciate it! :) Im 6ft and my hands are a little big so i just have a feeling the mini wouldn't be ideal. You would recommend a rotor over a Halo Too? I know my tank isnt ideal and i plan on upgrading it after i purchase a newer marker. Is it necessary to upgrade or should I buy it after I get the marker? Thanks again! :)

#4 Blazingsebas

Blazingsebas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Actually at the camp i used to play there was a guy with the same dilemma the thing was he use to had a "Spyder fenix" so he wanted to upgrade to a best paintball gun the following was that he found a great deal for the invert-mini wich actually is one of the best markers for the money you are paying so the thing was that he got his mini-invert and he completly love it not only the fact than the marker was compact and didnt weight too much was that the marker had a good precision and design so in my personal expierience or my friend i would recommend you the mini-invert for starting with a good Speedball Marker

#5 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

My one concern is that I am bigger then most people and I think the Mini would be too small for me and be uncomfortable. I plan on going to the shop soon to see these markers up close but which one has better mechanics and overall performance?

#6 Blazingsebas

Blazingsebas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

In that case you would have too look between the mini or the proto

#7 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Would the GoG be a better choice then the mini? I think the mini is going to be too small for me. overall what is the best performing marker?

#8 Blazingsebas

Blazingsebas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Would the GoG be a better choice then the mini? I think the mini is going to be too small for me. overall what is the best performing marker?

Talking in performance it would be the mini but since it is too small for you i will recommend you the gog

Attached Files

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

The GoG eXTCy is the superior of the two guns. It has a better trigger, feedneck, ASA, and board. The rail will have better ergos if you like the UL frame, but other than that the eXTCy wins in every category. It even comes in a hard case instead of a box.

The mini is a good gun, but at that point I would just save up and get a used Axe. And the Halo Too is a great choice, but I would also suggest getting a 4500psi tank, preferably from Ninja if you can afford it. Basically, for 250 get the eXTCy, anything above that save up for used Axe.

And as far as the Gardner brothers go, I believe that only Adam Gardner is involved with GoG, and so far they are just keeping quiet and making great guns for the money, and they are a much better value than their Smart Parts counterparts.

#10 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I say pinokio for loader

#11 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Everything you need to know about the extcy and the rail :tup:

Edited by crPaliza, 27 January 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#12 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks alot, This may sound absolutely ridiculous. But do you think maybe instead of getting a $200-$250 gun I should just save up and buy something like the Axe or Etek? I know its considerably more but maybe it would be smarter to do it that way rather then getting the eXTCy or the Quest now and then just upgrading to a higher end marker later.

#13 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yeah I mean that might be a better move.... Also look at the etha I think it's 390$ on ans gear I have one and I love it

#14 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

If im looking for a gun in the $250 price range then is the GoG eXTCy the best option?

#15 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

If im looking for a gun in the $250 price range then is the GoG eXTCy the best option?

Again,
At the $250 price range it really depends what you're looking for in a marker. In short if you're looking for reliability and efficiency go for the eXTCy. If you like shot quality and a lighter marker the Rail's a better choice. Check out my comparison review when you find the time.

And yes,
You can definitely get more bang for your buck if you invest more money in a mid-end. In my case, I love my Etha and I'm glad I purchased that over the eXTCy and the Rail. However, if smoothness and quietness is what you're looking for then both the Rail and eXTCy will beat the Etha in those 2 departments. Keep in mind also that the Etha is quieter than the Etek 3/4 and I actually prefer the Etha over the Etek.

I don't know how the Axe compares to the Rail and eXTCy regarding shot quality.

#16 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

The older pmrs are really really great. They were designed as mid level guns retailing at $450 originally and then discontinued them and now just sell the rail instead of the proto matrix rail. U can get em for a good price although they're air hogs. Extcy is ok but gog is still smartparts.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#17 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thanks alot guys I appreciate the help! :)

#18 Blazingsebas

Blazingsebas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

So wich one did u got?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users