1 reply to this topic

#1 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

So I'm in the market for another pump gun.
I used to own a CCM T2 and although I liked it, I feel they're a bit over-hyped. It was a good shooter, but I never really got the "O" face with it. So when I was needing money for a road trip I was planning, out the door she went. I instead decided to keep my micro-phantom that, despite being technically inferior, I've had much more fun using on the field.
However, I now have a gap in my paintball arsenal of a decent OC pump which I really want to fill again.
So I've been looking around a bit and found that the MVP seems pretty nice. It's supposedly very simple and has a similar profile to my micro-phantom which I like. I've been reading a lot of bad things about it however. I'm sure a lot of it is just exaggeration and/or parroting that's typical with any internet community, but it still keeps me wary. A lot of the issues I've noticed comes down to the price of the gun, saying that it's not worth the new price of $700. But looking in the used market, I've seen some as low as $500 so maybe that would remedy that portion of the bad reviews.
Alas, no store in my area has any in stock nor do I know of anyone who owns one, so I won't be able to try before I buy.
So what I'm asking is, should I bite the bullet and experiment with something new despite the less-than-stellar reviews, or simply stick with the effective but less affectionate option?

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#2 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

S6? I wasn't too impressed with the mvp, the pump stroke is amazing on it, but it felt really weird in my hands.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users