• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I am participating in a tournament. It is a 3 man young guns with a roster of up to 5. I have 5 people on the roster and the entry fee is $100. Does this mean that each team member pays $20?

#2 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

That is correct, add paint fees though
Posted Image

#3 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I am participating in a tournament. It is a 3 man young guns with a roster of up to 5. I have 5 people on the roster and the entry fee is $100. Does this mean that each team member pays $20?

you can split it up however you want..
i dont recommend having 5 people on the roster though. run 3 if you can, 4 at most.
you can't get into a rhythm if 2 people are switching out after every game.

entry fee: $100
~3 cases of paint: $150(probably less)
Total: $250.

divide that $250 by however many people are playing on the team and go have fun. Make sure you pool your paint. Even if everyone pays for their own case of paint, put it all in a big pile and let everyone use paint from it as they need it.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

i dont recommend having 5 people on the roster though. run 3 if you can, 4 at most.

divide that $250 by however many people are playing on the team and go have fun. Make sure you pool your paint. Even if everyone pays for their own case of paint, put it all in a big pile and let everyone use paint from it as they need it.

We won't be switching out people that often. We will probably let the better players on the roster play and have the others come in when the better players need a break or something. And ya the paint is cheaper it is $37 a case i believe. How much should i expect to shoot? I usually don't shoot more than a case when playing for 4 hours when practicing so how much would i shoot at a tourney?

#5 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

it really just depends.
granted i havent played a 3-man in like 5 years, but the last one i played my team took first or second and we shot a case and half. between 3 people. the entire day.

unless theres going to be a HUGE turn out, roughly a case a person is the rule of thumb for 3-man.

Edited by Pakistani, 27 January 2013 - 10:25 PM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

unless theres going to be a HUGE turn out, roughly a case a person is the rule of thumb for 3-man.

1 case should be enough for about 8 prelim games plus finals. That is what my team normally uses.

#7 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

We won't be switching out people that often. We will probably let the better players on the roster play and have the others come in when the better players need a break or something. And ya the paint is cheaper it is $37 a case i believe. How much should i expect to shoot? I usually don't shoot more than a case when playing for 4 hours when practicing so how much would i shoot at a tourney?

That doesn't really sound fair for everyone. Everyone should play an at least semi-equal amount.

#8 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

That doesn't really sound fair for everyone. Everyone should play an at least semi-equal amount.

Agreed, if everyone pays the same amount it's really doesnt seem fair. That's why you should try to cut down the number of players going.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

THen maybe we can have three people playing the first half of games and then switch out? Except one person will play all day. And since we are playing a series of events, this person who plays all day would change from event to event. Does this sound ok? So everyone still plays an equal amount, pays less, and gets into a rhythm.

#10 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

THen maybe we can have three people playing the first half of games and then switch out? Except one person will play all day. And since we are playing a series of events, this person who plays all day would change from event to event. Does this sound ok? So everyone still plays an equal amount, pays less, and gets into a rhythm.

just find one more guy and have two teams of 3. Everyone can play and its always fun playing against close friends and even team mates.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#11 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

we have 10 and are having two teams of 5 lol. And its nice so that if the field is pretty empty, we could scrimmage against eachother.

#12 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

So then just make 3 teams?

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#13 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

thats another possibility lol. I think we will just make two teams of four since I won't be able to go to one of the events.

Edited by marceldacs, 28 January 2013 - 01:14 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users