• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alexjo

Alexjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hello, I'm just getting into paintball. I rented a Spyder Xtra to play my local field so I kind of know the feel of that gun. I've watched a few youtube videos about paintball, some by Mike of TechPB, so from that I've learned some of the basics. I looked on amazon for decent beginner equipment and made a list that won't leave me broke. Does this sound like an ok setup for a beginner?

Marker
  • Spyder Xtra $90
  • Empire 48ci 3000psi HPA Tank $35
  • Proto Primo Paintball Loader Hopper $18

Other
  • VForce Armor Fieldvision Gen 3 Paintball Mask $30
  • Spyder Paintball Barrel Cover $3
  • Extreme Rage Flexi-Swab Squeegee $3

What $100 semi-auto markers would you recommend?
What setup did you start paintball with?
Thank you for your opinions can't wait to get back on the field!

#2 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

FIrst of all, what is your budget. For under $100, new, the best marker is the azodin kaos. Get a nice mask first. Then get a nice tank/loader, and then last, get the gun. I started paintball with an a5, before i had any common sense. Now i have two axes, trading one of them for an etek 4, and hopefully in the future, get both of my midends traded for a nice high end.

#3 Alexjo

Alexjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yeah I'd like to just spend around 100 for the marker. I've read good things about the Kaos, I'll plan to get it after playing with the other equipment. thank you!

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yeah I'd like to just spend around 100 for the marker. I've read good things about the Kaos, I'll plan to get it after playing with the other equipment. thank you!

For $30 more you could get a Gog eNMEy which will shoot much smoother and quieter than anything else in the price range.

More important than your marker however is your mask. This is what you should really splurge on. The JT Proflex has been a popular choice for years, and is $60, but some people feel the ear protection is not enough. The V-force profilers and Proto Axis are also great options as well but are a little more spendy. Trust me though, you will be glad you spent the money on a good mask, rather than using a cheap one and ending up buying an expensive one later after your mask fogs and is uncomfortable, ruining a day of paintball.

Good luck, and welcome to TechPB! :)

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Get a better mask, drop that squeegge,for the most part barrel covers come with their markers.

I say save up a little more and get a GoG NMEY. I say this because it is loads better than a kaos. Also this being said, save up for a better mask. The mask is the most important part of your equipment, then other safety gear, then tank, hopper, and finally your marker. Your mask is what protects your face and you want that thing feeling like a pillow on your face if you expect to play all day.

#6 Alexjo

Alexjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

I haven't heard of the Gog Enemy before, but I defiantly am willing to spend a little more. I guess I'll check out the gog enemy as well as the azodin at my local shop next time I go. I'm going to get the Mask and tank first since everyone seems to be saying to buy your first set of equipment in this order: mask, tank, loader, marker. One of my friends has a V-force mask and he says its good so I'm probably gonna get that mask.

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

One of my friends has a V-force mask and he says its good so I'm probably gonna get that mask.

You can do better.

Posted Image

#8 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Gog Enmey*

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Gog Enmey*

lol I still don't know the other GOG markers but we still get the point.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users