3 replies to this topic

#1 XB01S0NxBARRYx

XB01S0NxBARRYx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a fibur x barrel and I gotta say, its a pretty sweet barrel. It's really light and the interchangeable backs make it very versatile. I have just one problem with it: I can't screw the barrel in all the way. Because of the fact that the backs are reverse threaded, when I try to screw the barrel in tightly, the barrel begins to separate from the back. Its pretty damn annoying because I can't screw my barrel in securely. Right when I start to get some tension from tightening the whole barrel, the thing starts to unscrew on me. I'm not trying to completely overtighten the barrel either: when I put it on my dm, it was wobbling because it wasn't fully tightened. Is this a problem with the product or can I do something to fix this? Thanks

#2 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

While not the same, my deathstix barrel has the same issue. What I do is screw the back in first and hold it tight while I screw the front in. There are probably some other ways to fix it, but I don't know them.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#3 XB01S0NxBARRYx

XB01S0NxBARRYx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

While not the same, my deathstix barrel has the same issue. What I do is screw the back in first and hold it tight while I screw the front in. There are probably some other ways to fix it, but I don't know them.

Yeah I tried holding the back while screwing in the barrel but the back is so small and I cant get any leverage on it. I don't think I'm going to be switching backs THAT often so would it be a good idea to throw some loctite on it? If not, I think I'm just going to contact deadlywind and ask for a switch with a regular fibur barrel

#4 nicad

nicad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

The back of the Fibur-X has provisions to tighten the backs to what you will need. If it an AC threaded one, there are 6x holes in the back that you can slide an Allen wrench through as a "T-handle" to tighten it (remove the Freak insert). If it is a Tippmann A5/X7 thread, there are 6x flats you can use a spanner or wrench on to tighten it.
There should also be an O-ring on the joint threads that will provide some amount of friction, but it sounds like in this case it just needs to be tightened more with the methods above.

Please post back if this works for you!
-Colin
Deadlywind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users