• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

So i looked at the invert mini and other guns that are 200+ and they seem to have low pressure Regulator on the gun. Or that it operates on low pressure. What does that mean? Do i use high or low pressure output tank for it? I watch mike's videos and one he recommend high pressure output. Can someone please explain to me all this stuff please? Thanks

Edited by PaintballNewbie, 27 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#2 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

The reg on the mini really isn't a low pressure reg. You can use high pressure or low pressure. From what I hear the manual does suggest lp because it doesn't have an on/off Asa but you can use both. Basically on the reg you adjust how much pressure is going through by look at the gauge pressure reading

#3 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

The invert mini S.E works on lp or hp but then it says works at 160-200 psi
What does that mean?

#4 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Pretty much what I said about adjusting the pressure going into your gun on the gauge. Each gun has an operating pressure, which mean the amount of psi it takes to cycle through the gun, cycle the bolt, the reg, and fire a paintball at 280 fps. So if you do get the mini, I suggest the axe instead unless you don't have the money, on the gauge where you screw in the tank you would tighten or loosen the screw to get that gauge to read between 160-200 psi. Make sense?

#5 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Pretty much what I said about adjusting the pressure going into your gun on the gauge. Each gun has an operating pressure, which mean the amount of psi it takes to cycle through the gun, cycle the bolt, the reg, and fire a paintball at 280 fps. So if you do get the mini, I suggest the axe instead unless you don't have the money, on the gauge where you screw in the tank you would tighten or loosen the screw to get that gauge to read between 160-200 psi. Make sense?

Ok so even if i use a hp tank and screw in to the mini and since it only needs 160-200 psi it will only take that much?

Edited by PaintballNewbie, 27 January 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

What does that mean?

That is the operating pressure. And if I may suggest, please do not buy a S.E. Mini.

#7 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well, essentially your entire paintball sylstem has either 1, 2 or 3 regulators. The first is on your tank so the air doesn't come out at 300-4500psi.this regulator on your tank can be as low as 350-500psi (low pressure) to around 850psi (high pressure). The output of tanks is more difficult to change, and some can't be. most guns will be able to take both, but some guns like the g6r will require a low pressure tank because of the way they are built. The second regulator that most Plus $200 markers have is called a high pressure regulator. It regulates the air down from the tank pressure to a pressire where the maker can cycle the bolt and shoot the paintball. Some guns because of the way they operate, have a low pressure regulator. I'm probably over simplifying, but it essentially controls how much pressure is cycling your bolt back and forth, with the high pressure regulator actually providing the air propelling the ball.
In your example of the mini, the mini will have a regulator on your tank which may be any pressure, the mini does not require one over the other. The second regulator is your high pressure regulator, which sets the pressure with which your gun operates. Once you set it at your desired pressure, you do not need to touch it, you then adjust your velocity through the back cap. When a company says their guns operate at a kow pressure, generally it is marketing, the overall design controls those types of factors more than pressure. Hope this helpsm

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#8 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Ok so even tho the tank is hp which is 850 psi output. Once i screw it into the gun it will decrease down to 160-200 psi and then go thru the gun and operates the gun right?

#9 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

What does that mean?

That is the operating pressure. And if I may suggest, please do not buy a S.E. Mini.

May i ask why? What is the different between the mini, mini S.E., and a mini FS?

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

What does that mean?

May i ask why? What is the different between the mini, mini S.E., and a mini FS?

Really nothing, The S.E. costs more and I have never heard of the FS.

Minis are horrible markers regardless.

Ok so even tho the tank is hp which is 850 psi output. Once i screw it into the gun it will decrease down to 160-200 psi and then go thru the gun and operates the gun right?

yes

#11 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sweet thank you guys. Can i get a sugestions on some good mid-end guns please?

#12 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

used axe or extcy or proto rail. The used axe would be the best

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

used axe or extcy or proto rail. The used axe would be the best

This.

For the price of a New Mini you can buy a used Axe.

The Axe is better overall because it has a softer shot, the trigger frame is wider and is not cramped like a Mini's, the Axe uses a microswitch so it's trigger is already that much better than the Mini's, it is smoother and more air efficient. It also comes with an $80 on/off asa that oyu would normally end up buying separate for your Mini.

The last thing is that this is a "mid-end gun" thread but the Mini is a low end.

#14 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

My hands are kinda small for the axe. What about dangerous power g4 and 5?

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

People complain about issues out of the box for the G4's but others say DP has fixed that problem. I personally do not like the G4, I shot 3 of them and they have horrible triggers and all of them leaked the same day at the field. 1 leaked on me and I was not happy about it because I had to tech the guy's marker.

All of the leaks came from different areas so I am assuming they are having a quality control issue.

The DP G5 is supposed to fix all of the problems the G4 had but I do not see the hype and not may people are talking about it.

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

double post

Edited by kingJurzy, 27 January 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#17 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

If your hands are too big for an axe than I would go with an excty. What's your price range? Also do you have a good mask, tank and hopper?

#18 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

My hands are kinda small for the axe. What about dangerous power g4 and 5?

Your hands are small for the axe? I probably have the smallest hands on this forum and i can hold it fine. The best way to hold the axe is to grip the fore grip and don't wrap your thumb around. Instead have the thumb stick up.

#19 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Im not gonna be upgrading to mid-range run yet. I just bought my set. I got vforce armor mask, too, 48/3000 ninja tank (mask and tank will prob my gf later on) im buying a used profiler so i can wear my glasses cus i cant use contacs. And i have a azodin kaos.
I was just courious about the low pressure thing. And does the extcy take hp tank? How is electric guns different from mechanical guns?

#20 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Exactly. And if you are looking for a marker for around $300. An axe is not that bulky, it just looks like it. Hold it if you can. I personally don't like how the grip feels. For me personally, I love my protege, which feels great in the hands, tight and thin. You can find them for 275-325, and they work great. A vice is the same thing but even better. It gets great efficiency and can handle a lot. Another option is a dm8 or 9, but those require more maintaining.a similar option with less maintenance is the proto reflex rail 2012, not the best efficiency, but smooth and quiet.great ergonomics too. Eteks are great if you want to never worry about your gun breaking ever. They are decently efficient but pretty loud. An ego7/8 is similar, and for similar price, but has goodies like an lcd screen and is more efficient. A g4 is great as long as u use the right kind of lube, replace the macroline fittings and don't mind getting g subpar efficiency. Its also kind of loud, but can quiet down. A g4 can be had used for as low as 170.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#21 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Im not gonna be upgrading to mid-range run yet. I just bought my set. I got vforce armor mask, too, 48/3000 ninja tank (mask and tank will prob my gf later on) im buying a used profiler so i can wear my glasses cus i cant use contacs. And i have a azodin kaos.
I was just courious about the low pressure thing. And does the extcy take hp tank? How is electric guns different from mechanical guns?

1) almost all guns other than the g6r take hp tanks. The extcy will take hp fine. Pretty much any gun with macro line or steel hose will take a hp tank
A mechanical marker does what it sounds like. When you pull the trigger on a mechanical marker, a mechanical process opens a valve and fires the marker, your kaos is a good example. When you pull the trigger, it releases a hammer that hits a valve and fires the gun. An electronic marker uses a circuit board an sensors to detect you pulling a trigger, and completes a similar process, except the mechanical parts that transfer air are replaced by an electronic solenoid. Pros of electronic markers include lighter trigger pull, higher rates of fire, different firing modes like 3 round burst and many others. You can also cap your rate of fire. Most boards, like the one on the extcy, will work in conjunction with a sensor called "eyes" it is essentially an laser sensor in the breach of your marker that detects when a ball is in the breach. Assuming you have them enabled, the marked will not shoot unless there is a ball. This helps to eliminate chopping balls. The catch to electronic guns are that they are more expensive than things like a kaos and will need a battery, normally a standard 9 volt. Most of them can survive rain and mud, but I wouldn't recommend dropping one in a river. I really recommend the extcy, its very easy to deal with as a first electro.

#22 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Exactly. And if you are looking for a marker for around $300. An axe is not that bulky, it just looks like it. Hold it if you can. I personally don't like how the grip feels. For me personally, I love my protege, which feels great in the hands, tight and thin. You can find them for 275-325, and they work great. A vice is the same thing but even better. It gets great efficiency and can handle a lot. Another option is a dm8 or 9, but those require more maintaining.a similar option with less maintenance is the proto reflex rail 2012, not the best efficiency, but smooth and quiet.great ergonomics too. Eteks are great if you want to never worry about your gun breaking ever. They are decently efficient but pretty loud. An ego7/8 is similar, and for similar price, but has goodies like an lcd screen and is more efficient. A g4 is great as long as u use the right kind of lube, replace the macroline fittings and don't mind getting g subpar efficiency. Its also kind of loud, but can quiet down. A g4 can be had used for as low as 170.

Thank you. What about that azodin blitz, kaos D, zenith, extcy? Are they good mid-end guns?

#23 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

1) almost all guns other than the g6r take hp tanks. The extcy will take hp fine. Pretty much any gun with macro line or steel hose will take a hp tank
A mechanical marker does what it sounds like. When you pull the trigger on a mechanical marker, a mechanical process opens a valve and fires the marker, your kaos is a good example. When you pull the trigger, it releases a hammer that hits a valve and fires the gun. An electronic marker uses a circuit board an sensors to detect you pulling a trigger, and completes a similar process, except the mechanical parts that transfer air are replaced by an electronic solenoid. Pros of electronic markers include lighter trigger pull, higher rates of fire, different firing modes like 3 round burst and many others. You can also cap your rate of fire. Most boards, like the one on the extcy, will work in conjunction with a sensor called "eyes" it is essentially an laser sensor in the breach of your marker that detects when a ball is in the breach. Assuming you have them enabled, the marked will not shoot unless there is a ball. This helps to eliminate chopping balls. The catch to electronic guns are that they are more expensive than things like a kaos and will need a battery, normally a standard 9 volt. Most of them can survive rain and mud, but I wouldn't recommend dropping one in a river. I really recommend the extcy, its very easy to deal with as a first electro.

Awesome. Thank you so much :)

#24 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thank you. What about that azodin blitz, kaos D, zenith, extcy? Are they good mid-end guns?

The azodin blitz is interesting. It has all the mechanical components,and still uses a sear and hammer design like the kaos. The circuit board actuates the sear, instead of having a solenoid. Markers of this type normally are prone to chopping. I believe the zenith works in a similar way, which makes me want to stay away from It. Also, both have twist lock feednecks, which are prone to loosening during play maybe causing you to loose your loader. The extcy is a fantastic starter marker. The kaos d is still mechanical, not much of a difference between it and your current marker. You are using the term "mid end" to describe these guns, but in reality mid end guns retail around $500 new. The guns you are describing are known as starter guns. I'd say your best bet is the extcy, buying it used will save you $50

#25 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

The azodin blitz is interesting. It has all the mechanical components,and still uses a sear and hammer design like the kaos. The circuit board actuates the sear, instead of having a solenoid. Markers of this type normally are prone to chopping. I believe the zenith works in a similar way, which makes me want to stay away from It. Also, both have twist lock feednecks, which are prone to loosening during play maybe causing you to loose your loader. The extcy is a fantastic starter marker. The kaos d is still mechanical, not much of a difference between it and your current marker. You are using the term "mid end" to describe these guns, but in reality mid end guns retail around $500 new. The guns you are describing are known as starter guns. I'd say your best bet is the extcy, buying it used will save you $50

Oh ooops im so noob lol. The only thing i dont like about the extcy is the barrel thread and the clamping feed neck that uses allen wrench

Edited by PaintballNewbie, 27 January 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#26 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

why does everyone love the axe and hate the mini......

Axe pros:
Longer
Lower pressure
Better ASA
Better grips
Better trigger
Slightly lower pitched shot
Ever so slightly smoother shot

Mini pros:
$150 cheaper
Lighter
Smaller and more compact (if you're like me, you don't grab the entire side of your marker)

They both share about the same efficiency (7 pods off of a 48/45), they both will work for you as long as you show them love, they'll both do PSP 12.5 reliably, and unless size, trigger, ASA, and a slightly (Emphasis on slightly) better shot matter to you the Mini is better.

-aresfiend

so yeah

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#27 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

why does everyone love the axe and hate the mini......

Because the Mini has the shittiest trigger in paintball.

#28 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Does anyone know that thread for the feed neck on the extcy? Also the barrel tread too if anyone know

#29 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Because the Mini has the shittiest trigger in paintball.

You've obviously never used any Dragun marker, or a Shoebox, or a Blitz/Zenith, or a BE Rainmaker. The list goes on and on.

-aresfiend

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#30 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

if you get the Violent Trigger it's not too bad, really hate they didn't make a microswitch.

#31 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Does anyone know that thread for the feed neck on the extcy? Also the barrel tread too if anyone know

They're both Ion threaded if I'm not mistaken.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#32 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yea the barrel thread is ion

#33 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Oh ooops im so noob lol. The only thing i dont like about the extcy is the barrel thread and the clamping feed neck that uses allen wrench

A leverlock feedneck is alright but not at all necessary. The allen key is still a million times better than a twist lock like azodins have. Plus the extcy comes with a case, allen keys and spare parts.the Ion threaded barrel Is a gripe, but honestly you don't need to change the stock barrel, its 14 inches .689 and decent porting. If those are your two gripes, wait a couple weeks and see what people say about the g5. Dp has the patent on the leverlock feedneck, and the barrel is AC threaded. If you want to save even more, find a used g4 with replaced fittings, buy some Dow33 and you are set. That would be around 170

#34 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

You've obviously never used any Dragun marker, or a Shoebox, or a Blitz/Zenith, or a BE Rainmaker. The list goes on and on.

-aresfiend

Are you trying to call yourself something else?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users