3 replies to this topic

#1 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hey guys, starting to get into tourney ball some more. I'm a D-side player, generally mid/fill. My question is, how do you know when it's time to run down the field? Like, I can figure out pretty easily when to bump, just whenever the wire player is put in and whoever can control the gap from crossfield is caught napping.

But when it's the endgame, only a few guys left, and the only way to stop a time-wasting stalemate is to run the tape line, how do you know when to go?

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#2 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Your snake player should be feeding info to everyone of positions, and you as a dorito player need to feed info to any center or back mid to tell the snake where his windows are.

for instance... snake player says "D4! D4!" you then know your mirror is on dorrito 4 and DO NOT Proceed unless your back tape line player is putting a heavy lane down, and if your clear from cross field you need to hustle your ass and take D4. If not you may need to bump to a bunker that's got no mirrors so you can take a easy shot at D4 since he maybe to busy with that tapeline back putting pressure on him.

or! if there really is no one on snake side that you see, call out to your snake player to cross field shoot the other dorrto player out, then move up and run like a banshee and see if you can't get a run through going.

#3 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

I don't know how much you have played or what your experience level is, so some of this may come of like, "ya, i already knew that", but here is my $.02 ...

get accustomed to "shadowing" your bunker ... whether it is the dorito, can, whatever ... don't be hugging the walls of it ... once you begin to get comfortable with doing that, he field opens up in front of you, and you can see a lot more of what action is going on. You can make a more more informed decision of when and where to make your run through once you can see more of the field. you might not wanna run the tapeline, and choose instead to run right up the gut .... or zig zag to optimize where the other team is and what side of the bunkers they are shooting from ... but for me, all that starts from getting a good view of the field and for that i need to shadow my bunkers ...and sometimes you just gotta trust your gut ... it doesn't always work, but so what, you will learn something valuable every time, and the adrenaline rush is awesome ...have fun and good luck

#4 Snapshots

Snapshots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Usually when there is 1 or 2 players left on the other team and they're not looking at you you can make a run if u have support from the back. Just go if you feel you can take someone out. If you go make sure you trade out if you can't make a full run

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users