13 replies to this topic

#1 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

So i go out in the woods today to play with my buddies for some outlaw ball, and BOTH of my old spyders (from 2002-2003) were having trouble shooting at a high enough fps to play... Like 225-230 ish... And i simply cant figure out why! Now i hould preface this by saying ive had these guns for approx 10 years now and i know them inside and out (can take em apart blindfolded, etc) BUT this problem/solution is escaping me... I did everything i could think of, new FULL tanks (tried CO2 and HPA), obviously adjusted the velocity, cleaned the PISS out of the guns, replaced o-rings, checked for leaks, one is mech and one is electronic so i even put a bew batt. In the one... And among other things... So idk! I have never been able to NOT fix these old beasts but this time is weird because they still "shoot" fine just not enough power behind the shot! The ironic thing is that BOTH guns are doing it, so the only thing i can fathom maybe new main springs are in order??? Maybe, MAYBE its the stupid cup seals... But idk! Help me out guys with thoughts and opinions! I need advice from my family here

#2 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

do the shots hiss a little after the bolt moves forward?

#3 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Nope, if they did it wasnt noticeable at least, were you thinking cup seal?

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Yeah. Just trying to imagine how Sear Trippers work and thinking of where the pressure could drop. It's Definitely something in the final moments before the shot.

It could be the springs but man that is a long shot since springs really don't wear out that fast, but if you played alot of games with those markers then it could be the springs got weaken by time.

#5 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'd replace cup seals and hammer springs. Its not like the stuff is expensive haha

#6 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Its not the cup seal at all. I wouldnt bother replacing them unless you are hearing major leakage down the barrel.

What it can be is the o-ring on the hammer. Its either not lubed enough, or you put the wrong durometer o-ring in. I may be preaching to the converted here, but if you put a tank o-ring on the hammer, it may slow the hammer down enough to get the fps limit you see. Tank o-rings are durometer 90, you need a durometer 70 for the hammer to function properly. Make sure the lower tube is free of dirt, grime or anything other than smooth and shiny. Anyting that slows the hammer down will decrease fps.

If after that, it still does not work, I would get a spring set and play with it that way. But I dont really see any reason the springs woud wear out like that unless you kept the markers cocked all that time.

This is all assuming of course your tanks are full, which Im taking as yes from your post. (some hpa tanks output lower than 850 though).

Edited by Danny D, 28 January 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#7 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Alright thanks guys, maybe a little more lube on my hammer's will do the trick. I definitely have the right o-rings thank goodness (got some straight from Kingman a while back) and if that doesnt help i will test out my new spring theory (but idk about that solution). And yes, tanks were full and i only used my high pressure HPA when i attempted that option as well. Thanks again guys! Any other ideas out there??

#8 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

have you considered maybe it's the paint?
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#9 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

have you considered maybe it's the paint?

It's not the paint, every other gun out there was shooting just fine (we all used the same paint that day) but that's definitely a good thought!

#10 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Did you lose the little metal disk after the bolt spring in the rear? Velocity adjuster is just going to cut into the plastic pin.

#11 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Nope, metal disks are intact as well, whats a good lube to use on an old spyder hammer? Maybe its time for me to change... Need suggestions!

#12 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Any lube works. Ive used all sorts of grease and oil. The only difference being how frequently you lube the marker.

#13 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I had the same thing happen to me once. My spyder was shooting way too hot and the guy at the field cut down the spring and it worked fine the rest of the day, but, after a few days I couldn't get it to shoot over 180. So I would check the bolt spring.

#14 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

The striker/hammer oring and the spring are what I'd check. One field I got to has uses azodin kaoses as rentals and 75% of the problems are the striker oring.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users