#1 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

PSP Format Changes

The level of talent in the PSP Professional Division is undisputedly the fiercest in the world. Teams from all divisions train week in and out to ultimately one day become a Professional team in the PSP. Actually making the advancement into Pro however, has historically been too large of a move for most teams to make.

The PSP would like to change this by putting a system into place for fresh teams to move into an even stronger Pro League.

The PSP Professional teams will compete against each other in the 2013 PSP Dallas Open. The top 10 teams from that event will move on to PSP’s Event #2 and play in the newly established Champions Division. They will perform on the main field for all the glory in front of thousands of fans watching from the PaintballAccess.com webcast and the PSP grandstands.

The other Pro teams from the Dallas Open will be enlisted in a new division known as the Challengers Division. They will be joining other teams to be named at a later date. The group of teams in the Challengers Divisions will use the same format and rules, but play on a secondary Professional field during the prelims and will play their final match on the main field for all their fans to watch. Starting after Event #2, the top two teams from the Challengers Division in each event will move up and compete in the PSP Champions Division for the following event. They will be replacing the bottom 2 finishers from the previous event’s Champions Division, who will instead perform in the Challengers Division.

This system of constant circulation will continue event by event for seasons to come. It is now more important than ever for teams to give their all in each match – as they no longer have just one goal of winning the event – but must perform at their top in every game to make sure they do not suffer the consequence of being knocked out of the Champions Division. Likewise, the Challengers Division teams at each event have the option to perform and move up for the following event.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#2 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

The level of talent in the PSP Professional Division is undisputedly the fiercest in the world. Teams from all divisions train week in and out to ultimately one day become a Professional team in the PSP. Actually making the advancement into Pro however, has historically been too large of a move for most teams to make.

The PSP would like to change this by putting a system into place for fresh teams to move into an even stronger Pro League.

The PSP Professional teams will compete against each other in the 2013 PSP Dallas Open. The top 10 teams from that event will move on to PSP’s Event #2 and play in the newly established Champions Division. They will perform on the main field for all the glory in front of thousands of fans watching from the PaintballAccess.com webcast and the PSP grandstands.

The other Pro teams from the Dallas Open will be enlisted in a new division known as the Challengers Division. They will be joining other teams to be named at a later date. The group of teams in the Challengers Divisions will use the same format and rules, but play on a secondary Professional field during the prelims and will play their final match on the main field for all their fans to watch. Starting after Event #2, the top two teams from the Challengers Division in each event will move up and compete in the PSP Champions Division for the following event. They will be replacing the bottom 2 finishers from the previous event’s Champions Division, who will instead perform in the Challengers Division.

This system of constant circulation will continue event by event for seasons to come. It is now more important than ever for teams to give their all in each match – as they no longer have just one goal of winning the event – but must perform at their top in every game to make sure they do not suffer the consequence of being knocked out of the Champions Division. Likewise, the Challengers Division teams at each event have the option to perform and move up for the following event.

The fight begins March 14, 2013 at the PSP Dallas Open. Team Registration for all divisions opens soon at PSPevents.com.

[via PSPevents.com]

Edited by erg993, 28 January 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

its about time the introduced a Semi-pro level.

#4 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Really looking forward to Dallas now.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I like it. Nobody can get complacent.

#6 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Spoiler

I feel kind of prophetic.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#7 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

This is actually a really awesome thing they are doing. It is one step more to make paintball better developed as a sport and I think it will make it a little more interesting. I am just hoping we do not get stuck with a constant rotation of current pro teams that just happen to do bad at one even then the next one place top in the Challenger Division. I want to see some upsets!

#8 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

this way they can allow more teams into the pro bracket without running into what happend at cup, I was wondering how they were going to accomodate the new teams coming back into psp, i.e. Impact and tontons
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#9 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

and it will allow teams that get smoked every tournament out. I really think Thunder and 187 is going to drop.

#10 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

this is great. Ill definetely be watching the webcast now. This is excactly what paintball needs to hopefully one day get back on ESPN.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#11 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I think this is a great idea. The teams that have been working hard have a chance to put all their hard work to the test. Hopefully this will also motivate other teams to step it up and realize anything is possible. I can't wait to see the competition in Dallas now!!!
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#12 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

This season is actually shaping up to look like a good one.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#13 S_Carter

S_Carter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

This looks like it will make for a very exciting paintball season, I'm looking forward to it!
Over at the View From the Deadbox Blog, Damage's coach did a great post on how this will affect the competition this season
http://viewfromthede...t-building.html

#14 Anti_Revolution

Anti_Revolution

Underground Productz Factory Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

This is brilliant following suit from the Millenium!
Underground Productz Factory Team
Feedback 17/0/0

F/S/T: Nothing ATM

#15 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Now they just need to make semi tourneys and they'll have a monopoly on tournaments in the US lol

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#16 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

It seems like PSP is just becoming better and better then the NPPL by comparison. But I guess that is just business a rivalry thing.

#17 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Get rid of sideline coaching and we'll see who the good teams actually are. :tup:

#18 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

i thought they eliminated coaching in 2012 season for the pros only?

#19 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

PSP looking good.
Wish they didn't have coaching

#20 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

thats a great thing!!!
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#21 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I think this will make it a very interesting season! I am looking forward to it.

#22 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Coaching is not necessarily a bad thing, but I do agree I would rather see teams with the best skills winning the tournies.

#23 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Last time I played at an x-ball field, the sideline coaching was quite annoying. It's ruined a lot of opportunities to bunker people, and sometimes make "crazy" movies.

#24 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

looks good! :tup:

#25 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Finally the pro teams will have to fight for their spot in the pro division.
But it's better to have it season to season and not event to event.(Like Millennium)

#26 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

But it's better to have it season to season and not event to event.(Like Millennium)

Well it will be both season to season and event to event. The event to event upper and lower pro divisions will mean even the teams that know they won't make Sunday will still need to play hard, while the end of the season relegation to D1 means that the teams at the bottom of the lower pro section can't just coast once they realize their season is over because they may end up relegated.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#27 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Well it will be both season to season and event to event. The event to event upper and lower pro divisions will mean even the teams that know they won't make Sunday will still need to play hard, while the end of the season relegation to D1 means that the teams at the bottom of the lower pro section can't just coast once they realize their season is over because they may end up relegated.

Hmm, sound good enough.

#28 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I find it interesting with everybody that brings up sideline coaching.. That would make everything real different.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#29 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

GENIUS!!

#30 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

PSP looking good.
Wish they didn't have coaching

never understood the logic behind this.
there already isn't dorito side coaching. why take away snake side coaching and pretty much make the fans sit there in silence and watch an otherwise exciting game.
PSP is just as much of a spectator sport as any other. it lets parents/friends/family get out there and be a part of the game and help them get into it.

when my parents took me to my first tournament years and years ago, they were pretty much sitting on the sidelines silently waiting for games to finish, so i could then explain to them what happened. If there was coaching back then, i could have said "hey mom, when you see someone get into this bunker, yell and let everyone know!" or "Hey dad, when you see someone on the other team walk off, let us know" and BOOM, instantly theyre a part of the game and having fun instead of just sitting there wondering when they can leave.

while i didn't think dorito side coaching should have gone away, taking away snake side coaching would completely ruin the fun for many spectators that get into the game.

most people who play snake regularly will tell you, getting coached doesn't just make it easy street in the snake. Being able to take directions at the drop of a hat while still utilizing your own, personal field awareness takes a massive amount of skill. Alternatively, having a coach who knows whats going on and can guide you effectively is a huge asset for a team.

KPS Paintball • VCU Rams • Richmond Rage

•••••••

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#31 Yowristband

Yowristband

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

and it will allow teams that get smoked every tournament out. I really think Thunder and 187 is going to drop.

Cep...

#32 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Cep...

I agree I think CEP will drop down way before 187, at least 187 is constantly improving.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#33 Yowristband

Yowristband

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

and it will allow teams that get smoked every tournament out. I really think Thunder and 187 is
going to drop.

I think aftershocks current roster is worse the 187

Cep...

I agree I think CEP will drop down way before 187, at least 187 is constantly improving.

I think upton is bettwr the shocks current roster

Edited by Yowristband, 30 January 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#34 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

i doubt 187 will. i think thunder and CEP and maybe shock should though

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#35 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

i thought they eliminated coaching in 2012 season for the pros only?

they took it away from pit side only, opposite pit you can still have a coach.

etek.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users