27 replies to this topic

#1 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

So I made an order recently with ANSGear and when it came, another guy's stuff came with it. His package was addressed wrongly to me. It ended up being one of those PE Beanies. So naturally I called up ANS to let them know about their mistake. The rep I talked to told me to re-ship it out to who it was supposed to go to originally and they would reimburse me for the shipping. Now, it's not a huge deal, but it just seems like since it's ANS's mistake, that they should take the hit and ship the guy out a new one, instead of me having to go out of my way to get it to him. Anyone else think they should do that? Granted I would understand if it was a 1k gun that got shipped to me, but it's a $25 beanie...
I'm going to ship it out to him as soon as I can, but as a college kid taking 18 credits and working 20 hours a week, that's not going to happen immediately, luckily I do have a center on campus that I can ship from.
So yeah, just curious as to what everyone else thinks of this situation.
HCM
Want to make it to the base first in a scenario game? Try Crossfit.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Lame.

#3 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Were you expecting to get to keep it or something?

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#4 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Were you expecting to get to keep it or something?

Why not? Their mistake. Im a big fan of ANSGear, I actually go there all the time but this is a major retailer that sometimes has to eat the cost of little mistakes like this.

I would of called them and told them about the mix up, but I wouldnt bother shipping it out unless they mailed me a pre-paid postage envelope and even then, they would still have to ask me nicely and offer a discount code for my next purchase to even waste my time hittng the post office.

I ordered a BT Trracer from Hustlepaintball a while back, they called me to tell me that they were out of stock and that they were not sure when would get them in. A few days later I found another retailer that had them in stock so I cancelled my order via email. Got a full refund and a few days later a box came in the mail.....it was the BT Trracer.....

The consumer shouldnt pay for the mistakes of the retailer.

That's just how good business is done. And that's coming from a business owner.
Posted Image

#5 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

If you're a big retailer and you send out a low ticket item such as a beanie why not let the person keep it and let it be a lesson not to make those sort of mixups. Like op said it would be different if it was a gun but you shouldn't expect that OP has the time to go to the postoffice and mail it back...

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#6 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Is it just me,or does it seem as though a lot of people have been reporting ANS mess-ups lately?

Edited by paintballguy2255, 28 January 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

And they don't do this once in a while either. Just last month I ordered a lime tiger rotor and instead they shipped me lime tiger i4s. I had to ship the i4s back and They reimbursed the shippin cost but it took 4 weeks in total for the rotor to arrive since the original day I ordered it. I think that whoever is doing the packaging is either illiterate or high.

Edited by marceldacs, 28 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#8 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

you can bet your ass if they shipped me a luxe, demon, ego, geo, or just about any marker by accident i would not let them know.

Edited by Demon, 28 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#9 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

So I got an email from them, and apparently I'm shipping back to the ANS warehouse. So I'm assuming that they are sending out a new one to him, and will just restock the one they sen to me.
And just to clarify, this is definitely not to bash ANS, it was just something I had never encountered for, and was looking for some other opinions.
HCM

#10 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I was shipped a gun by accident before, good samaritan chose to return it rather than move to Mexico with the goods where they could never find me. Return them or things go bad, I found that out when Amazon shipped me 4 desks rather than one, then slowly asked for them back. Tedious, should have just accepted the one.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#11 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

What's with everyone wanting something for nothing? They are going to reimburse you for the shipping. It's not even that much out of the way if you have a place to ship from on campus.

#12 MURPHofPBP

MURPHofPBP

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

idk about yall but im not perfect, therefore, i wont expect everyone else to be perfect. so when someone makes a mistake and they ask me to help them, i do it with little complaint. at least they will reimberse the cost of ur shipping but to be expecting free stuff because they messed up is rather outlandish in the sense of proper business. i wuldnt put it past them to allow u to keep the beanie in this situation, but complaining that they didnt is bad business. it was always annoying wen an order for a customer got mixed up somewhere, not because i had to track down wut happened and fix it, but how some of the customers acted. sometimes, they were understanding, but others wuld come get their gear or wutever they odered, after i spent much time fixing the problem, and say things to me insinuating that i shuld give them something else in the shop for inconveniencing them. no way homie. it dnt work like that. thing is, mistakes happen, and if ur not willing to accept that, then dnt order from the internet. just my 2cents

POOPIE DOOPIE DOOPIE DOO

#13 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

1/2 of the times that i have ordered from ANSgear, my order has gotten messed up. From now on i am just buying from proshops.

#14 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

What's with everyone wanting something for nothing? They are going to reimburse you for the shipping. It's not even that much out of the way if you have a place to ship from on campus.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#15 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Because it is an inconvenience. Maybe just $5 off? Idk

#16 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

take best buy for example they mistakenly sent out ipads to people but instead of demanding they be returned, best buy stepped up and said keep on us and turned it to positive publicity. I see no reason ansgear couldnt say our bad about a beanie...

#17 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm liking the discussion. Personally, I think in the name of good customer service, they should take the hit, regardless of the situation.
I'm planning on getting it sent back tomorrow. Minnesota-nice dictated that I call, and the same for shipping it... and my own morals... but mostly the Minnesota-nice Posted Image And since it's a very small inconvenience and I'm not paying for shipping, I really don't have much to complain about...

But let the debate rage on!
HCM

#18 jacknieland

jacknieland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I've ordered from ANS quite a few times and never had a problem. I accidentally ordered the wrong item and their customer service was great to deal with.

#19 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Are you taking business in college? Just giving shit away is not a great business model lol I mean it would be cool if they let you keep it but im really not surprised at all.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#20 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

take best buy for example they mistakenly sent out ipads to people but instead of demanding they be returned, best buy stepped up and said keep on us and turned it to positive publicity. I see no reason ansgear couldnt say our bad about a beanie...

I think you misunderstood the best buy thing, they didn't step up, they just said "Well our records show only one being sent".

Plus, if anything is sent to your house, you can legally keep it, tis the law, look it up if you believe me.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#21 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Why don't you offer to buy the other gentleman a planet eclipse beanie? It's the same thing, right? Offer to just pay for it, and then bam you have a beanie, the other dude has a beanie, and ANS isn't out anything at all.

Don't need to have inner struggles about a god damn beanie. Be a good person, and ship it back, OR offer to just buy it...or keep it, there's nothing they can legally do to you.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#22 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

ANSGear ships almost 800 packages each day, sometimes more

everyone makes mistakes

#23 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

ANSGear ships almost 800 packages each day, sometimes more

everyone makes mistakes

But I thought everyone was perfect.... :dodgy:

#24 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Considering that it's their mistake, and like you said it's only a $25 beanie, they should have just let you keep it instead of putting you through all of that trouble. But kudos to you for doing so!
Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

#25 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Ansgear has always had problems with getting orders right. I constantly see people complaining about ansgear getting something wrong, then making it a hassle for the buyer because of their bullshit return policies. I dont recall ever seeing a thread about a messed up order for paintballgateway or zephyr paintball.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#26 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

It is fair and reasonable for you to keep the mis-sent item. It is also fair and reasonable for you to want a discount or reimbursement from them for shipping it back to them. They've just made their problem, your problem. If you mess up, they charge you a re-stocking fee for the inconvenience. It works both ways.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#27 NightmareGrillz

NightmareGrillz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

On an gears defense I ordered a bunch of shit from them and got it two days later. Everything packed and no mistakes and it was shipped to Toronto Canada

#28 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

I wouldnt mind to ship the item back but they would have to send me a pre-paid shipping og or envelope, because i would NOT wait till after to be reimbursed. You screwed up, so you front the shipping then ill ship.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users