• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm new to paintball and I just wanted to get some opinions on the equipment I want to get. What I have now is a Invert mini with nothing. No tank or Hopper. Nothing so I'm building it up.

Ninja Carbon Fiber HPA Tank - 68/4500 grey

Ninja Tank / Bottle Cover - Black - New 2012 Version 68ci

Custom Products 1 Piece CP Advantage Barrel .689 - Silver

Custom Products 1 Piece CP Advantage Barrel .685 - Dust Silver

Empire 2013 Grind Elbow Pads THT Large - Black

Empire 2013 Grind THT Pads Chest Protector - Black

Dye Paintball Performance Neck Protector - Black

2009 Empire E-Vents Paintball Mask - White

Empire Vents Mask Replacement Lens - Thermal - Ninja/Black

Invert Too Paintball Hopper - Matte Black

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Take off the barrels unless you want and overbore/underbore set up. Also get rid of the chest protector and the neck guard.

It is frowned upon at my field to wear a bounce vest and you rarely get shot in the neck. You get shot inside of the hopper more than you do the neck

#3 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Take off the barrels unless you want and overbore/underbore set up. Also get rid of the chest protector and the neck guard.

It is frowned upon at my field to wear a bounce vest and you rarely get shot in the neck. You get shot inside of the hopper more than you do the neck

I disagree. I get shot in the neck more than i do get shot inside the hopper. However, i get shot on the outside of the hopper the most. Neck Shots are just something you will have to deal with and they aren't THAT bad.

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'd drop the chest protector. It doesn't hurt to get shot inthe chest for but more than a second. Plus I didn't see knee pads, which are more important to me than elbow pads, or a pod pack. Do you already have these?

#5 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I want to use evil paint so that's why I'm getting the .685 and I'm getting the .689 for cheaper paint.

I'm pushing towards getting the neck guard because I'm been shot in the neck when I'm running into a bunker and it hurts. Plus it looks like I have a hickey for the next week.

Is there any other barrels you would recommend?

I'd drop the chest protector. It doesn't hurt to get shot inthe chest for but more than a second. Plus I didn't see knee pads, which are more important to me than elbow pads, or a pod pack. Do you already have these?

I didn't think of knee pads. Thanks. I have a pod pack already.

#6 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Is there any barrels that you recommend?

#7 Kentuckyballer98

Kentuckyballer98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'd recommend critical 100g barrel kit or for more you could get a empire freak kit

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

You can buy a barrel kit later. For now, spend the money on paint.

#9 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Evil paint?

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Just get a one piece .686 lurker and be done.

Just because it is crappy paint does not mean it is bigger.

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I disagree. I get shot in the neck more than i do get shot inside the hopper. However, i get shot on the outside of the hopper the most. Neck Shots are just something you will have to deal with and they aren't THAT bad.

+1

i don't agree with you on that because a pod pack is essential for staying in the game. yea so you don't have knee protect. most pants have some short of shin and knee protection anyways. also i'd rather have red knees then calling myself out because i have only a hopper worth of paint.

+1

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

All looks good to me except id recomend ya save some money and only get the .685 CP barrle. For one the .685 is gona work for most any of the paint ya find these days and for two you stock barrel is most likely a larger bore like a .690 so in the unlikely event ya having issues with the .685 you can switch to the stock barrel instead.

Also as mentioned i strongly reccomend some knee protection weather that be simply paintball specific pants with built in pads or more purpose built knee protection is your preferance but some kinda knee protection is a god send.

And lastly if you want the added padding of a bounce vest and neck protector all the power to ya. They are not maybe NEEDED BUT if they make you more comfortable in playing the sport you love by all means GET THEM. Personally i never have had either but that does not make me any better or more AGG. Its simply i feel more comfortable playing without for temperature and mobility reasons. Paintball will always sting but if wearing a bit more gear allowes you to play a bit harder and a bit more aggressive than i think that gear is a great investment.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#13 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

All looks good to me except id recomend ya save some money and only get the .685 CP barrle. For one the .685 is gona work for most any of the paint ya find these days and for two you stock barrel is most likely a larger bore like a .690 so in the unlikely event ya having issues with the .685 you can switch to the stock barrel instead.

Also as mentioned i strongly reccomend some knee protection weather that be simply paintball specific pants with built in pads or more purpose built knee protection is your preferance but some kinda knee protection is a god send.

And lastly if you want the added padding of a bounce vest and neck protector all the power to ya. They are not maybe NEEDED BUT if they make you more comfortable in playing the sport you love by all means GET THEM. Personally i never have had either but that does not make me any better or more AGG. Its simply i feel more comfortable playing without for temperature and mobility reasons. Paintball will always sting but if wearing a bit more gear allowes you to play a bit harder and a bit more aggressive than i think that gear is a great investment.

#14 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

The reason I want to get the .689 is because in a video I saw from mike on techpb's YouTube site. He says because he lives in Florida the paint expands towards the end of day. I also live in Florida.

Yeah, I'm aggressive but since I'm Florida I'm still thinking because of the heat.

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Disruptive Barrels are pretty awesome for the price. Awesome honing, and a great amount of porting and control bore. Come in a sick style, and its only about 50 bucks. However, its kinda pointless to get a better barrel unless the honing inside is crappy.
Also: 1000th post! Disruptive Products.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Lurker barrels come in .678 and .684

Disruptive Barrels are pretty awesome for the price. Awesome honing, and a great amount of porting and control bore. Come in a sick style, and its only about 50 bucks. However, its kinda pointless to get a better barrel unless the honing inside is crappy.
Also: 1000th post! Disruptive Products.

Youre having fun with this ever since someone asked if youre a sales rep. ;)

To OP, all you need is a small (<.680), middle (.683-.686), and large (>.689) bore option for sizing. Whatever barrel, barrels, or barrel kit you get the stock barrel on any marker except the G6R will provide you a large bore option.

#17 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

You should just get the MR100 Pro package it comes with everything you need. Mask, tank, loader, spare parts and has a fair price at $164.95 here:

http://paintballguns...mr100-pro-pack//

Edited by AJpaintball4life, 30 January 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Lowest price Paintball equipments

http://paintballgunsforsalenow.com

Over 2000 fans on Facebook:
https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage

#18 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

No offense but I think my invert mini will do better then a mr100

#19 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I wish bounce vests were frowned upon at Skirmish....out there i feel like the only kid not wearing a bounce vest and ghillie suit Posted Image

but anyway if a bounce vest makes you feel comfortable for a few games in recball i dont see the issue...and depending on your mask(not sure about E Vents) a neck protector could be glorious! I always wear one with my dye i4!

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#20 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

It probably would, that package just had all the extras but the marker wouldn't be as decent considering the price.

Edited by AJpaintball4life, 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Lowest price Paintball equipments

http://paintballgunsforsalenow.com

Over 2000 fans on Facebook:
https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage

#21 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I would make sure you have all the proper gear so that you are having fun playing and not getting hurt. As for paint... Evil is great paint but expensive. Valken and GI paint are good and cheaper. If you are also looking for a place to buy I use Tri-City Extreme. They are great about answering any questions about gear and also have fast shipping so check them out www.tri-cityextreme.com
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#22 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

You should just get the MR100 Pro package it comes with everything you need. Mask, tank, loader, spare parts and has a fair price at $164.95 here:

http://paintballguns...mr100-pro-pack//

This is horrible advice. The Mask is crappy, the tank is crappy, and the mr100 is crappy. The only uncrappy thing in this package is the gravity feed loader.

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

It probably would, that package just had all the extras but the marker wouldn't be as decent considering the price.

It has a mask without thermal lenses, a gravity feed hopper, a C02 tank and blowback marker. Not really a good deal at all.

#24 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Ninja Tank / Bottle Cover - Black - New 2012 Version 68c
TWO PIECE CP BARREL (Underbore if buying a alternative barrel!)
Used Rotor

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#25 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

TWO PIECE DISRUPTIVE BARREL (Underbore if buying a alternative barrel!)
Used Rotor

Fixed

#26 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Used Rotor

Fixed

Fixed

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#27 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Used Rotor

Fixed

Holy shit $50? I think I may love you....

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#28 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Used Rotor

Fixed

Holy shit $50? I think I may love you....

There's a reason why I recommend them all the time :P

#29 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Used Rotor
Z2

Fixed

fixed

Lulzjustacat.png

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Or any other high end loader.

#31 Branimir D.

Branimir D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I decided in going all out and getting a smart parts freak kit and a dye rotor. What do you all think?

#32 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

i agree but i would rather have gloves then a neck protecter
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#33 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'm new to paintball and I just wanted to get some opinions on the equipment I want to get. What I have now is a Invert mini with nothing. No tank or Hopper. Nothing so I'm building it up.

I would also think about getting groin protection, an o-ring kit ( it sucks blowing an o-ring and having to sit out the rest of the day ), and a good pair of shoes.

I decided in going all out and getting a smart parts freak kit and a dye rotor. What do you all think?

good call on the rotor, the freak kit is ok

#34 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I would also think about getting groin protection, an o-ring kit ( it sucks blowing an o-ring and having to sit out the rest of the day ), and a good pair of shoes.

if you get hit in the groin it's kinda your fault. most of the time you should be behind cover snap shooting or peaking out, so if your groin is exposed, your doing something wrong.

Edited by III Kezia III, 31 January 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#35 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

if you get hit in the groin it's kinda your fault. most of the time you should be behind cover snap shooting or peaking out, so if your groin is exposed, your doing something wrong.

Run throughs/bunker moves?

#36 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

You actually very unlikely get shot there. More chest or legs. I havent gotten shot in the nuts, and im notorious for pulling off risky moves like that. Just get some good pants and you should be more than fine.
I would look at the Disruptive pants: relatively cheap, good protection, nice breathability, stretch points, and.tons of adjustability for a personal, custom fit. The padding is great for slides and will protect you well, and there's padded support to keep your pack up. Heres a link:
http://www.disruptiv...p/dppantsg2.htm

Edited by Orange Chicken, 31 January 2013 - 11:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users