• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dillianpierce

dillianpierce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Now that i have got the accuracy problem out of the way. Thanks to all of you guys replying to my topic. i have took apart my gun and squeaky cleaned it. I will oil it up when i get some oil for the bolt and stuff. Does anyone have any good advice on any tactics that i can use in the woods i know the layout of the land and everything. Like any flanking menuearvers i can use. Me and my brother do some called bunny hopping. I think you guys know what that is or it can be called leap froging. Just any basic tactics to use.

AND ABOUT THE PAINT GUYS: its field only paint so you have to buy theirs. It 50$ for 2000 i dont know if that is considered good paint. Also what temperature should you keep paintballs in storage just any basic tips for paintball would be helpful in general thanks guys.

Edited by dillianpierce, 28 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

One tip is to rotate paint in storage so it doesnt sit on one side and get dimpled if youre storing it for more than a couple days.

When playing in the woods I wait for a teammate to start shooting and drawing attention and then I move up along the side of the field and catch the othe team in their sides and then usually take a route thats not covered around to their start and hit them from behind. Its amazing how easily people get tunnel vision. Just make sure your team knows where youre going so they dont shoot you too haha! Another tacic when Im playing on a field thats narrow is I charge right up the middle and hit the two groups that move on each side. They never expect someone on their side of the field 10 seconds into the game.

Have fun and good luck!

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 28 January 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#3 dillianpierce

dillianpierce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

One tip is to rotate paint in storage so it doesnt sit on one side and get dimpled if youre storing it for more than a couple days.

When playing in the woods I wait for a teammate to start shooting and drawing attention and then I move up along the side of the field and catch the othe team in their sides and then usually take a route thats not covered around to their start and hit them from behind. Its amazing how easily people get tunnel vision. Just make sure your team knows where youre going so they dont shoot you too haha! Another tacic when Im playing on a field thats narrow is I charge right up the middle and hit the two groups that move on each side. They never expect someone on their side of the field 10 seconds into the game.

Have fun and good luck!

thanks man for the reply, i am going to use that me and my brother did that one time we got behind the whole entire team, then when we started opening fire we were at their fort and they had to turn around and shoot us while our team moved up and we pretty much had them at a choke point and they couldn't move haha.

thanks for the reply and anymore tips you can give, i have a project salvo with a few upgrades. Which marker do you have and how do you improve your accuracy on your marker. I have started cleaning my gun intensevily after every play. so i hope that will improve the accuracy i have a 48/3000 Hpa tank so i am good on the air.

Edited by dillianpierce, 29 January 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#4 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

For paint... I agree to make sure that you are rotating and flipping around the box (gently) so that no dimples are formed. Also, they say to store the paint in about 70 degree F. I am not sure where you are located, but if it is cold outside see if the field is selling a winter fill paint. My local field does and it may look the same, but they order from Valken who changes the fill during the colder months.

As for some playing tips on the field. I always find it easier when there is some kindof game plan in place before everything begins. My team will usually break off into small groups or pairs which allows for coverage if needed if we run into another group or if another player makes a run for the flag or prize. We also find it easier like the comment before where we just rush up the middle and they never expect that. Most teams usually split up and go up each side. Hope this helps...

If you have any more questions on anything let me know. I have a blog I do where I try to do gear reviews or answer any questions people have!! Cheers:)
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

"One tip is to rotate paint in storage so it doesnt sit on one side and get dimpled if youre storing it for more than a couple days.

Have fun and good luck!

thanks man for the reply, i am going to use that me and my brother did that one time we got behind the whole entire team, then when we started opening fire we were at their fort and they had to turn around and shoot us while our team moved up and we pretty much had them at a choke point and they couldn't move haha.

thanks for the reply and anymore tips you can give, i have a project salvo with a few upgrades. Which marker do you have and how do you improve your accuracy on your marker. I have started cleaning my gun intensevily after every play. so i hope that will improve the accuracy i have a 48/3000 Hpa tank so i am good on the air.

If there is a field ownr you can talk to you could ask them to stock some better paint. Other than that there isn't much you can do beside cleaning which you've got down. I shoot a Planet Eclipse Etha and I will say that the change to a marker with regulated air did make a difference in the consistency of the velocity of my shots, but it wont help stop balls curving if the paint isn't round or is dimpled. When I learned how much a difference good paint makes amd started buying it the difference was night and day. Often you will get a case of the good stuff (Graffiti and Marballizer are some of my favorite paint for woodsball and speedball respectively) that shoots absolutely ball on ball accurate.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 29 January 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#6 dillianpierce

dillianpierce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the tips, i checked out your site. I dont use batteries, i mainly am a woodsball person, i pratice with guys on speedball. I have a project salvo and iam starting to clean it real intenseveliey. I am going to be going back and see if it will improve my accuracy. I am going to buy a box of paint there.

Main question: how would i clean my hopper and barrel thoroughly?

#7 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the tips, i checked out your site. I dont use batteries, i mainly am a woodsball person, i pratice with guys on speedball. I have a project salvo and iam starting to clean it real intenseveliey. I am going to be going back and see if it will improve my accuracy. I am going to buy a box of paint there.

Main question: how would i clean my hopper and barrel thoroughly?

The barrel is easy to clean. Just remove it from your marker/gun and run it under warm water and let it air dry. The warm water always takes the paint off of my barrel inside and out.

As for the hopper spray a paper towel with water and wipe out the inside. You can always take a ruler to move it around. If it isn't electronic you could run water through it, but make sure it is completely dry before you use it again. Wetting down a paper towel will probably be your best bet though!!!
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Thepblady is right I just have one additional tip. If you have a nicely honed barrel after it dries if the polished inside isn't totally shiny like it is when its new just run a barrel swab through it a few times and it should be back to its original factory shine. And remember in most cases cheap paint ain't good and good paint ain't cheap.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

One thing about woodsball is don't be afraid to make real ballsy moves. A lot of people would disagree but it Definatly pays off. And don't be afraid to move up. A lot of people at my field won't move. So I'm the guy that has to move first and have to help people move one by one. So it really helps if you can get up there. Then all the basic stuff like communication and whatnot.

#10 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Marking. Coming back to reply. Haha

#11 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

When I play woods ball I always hug the out lines. Walk up the opposite side my team is on. Amazing how they get hung up on the side that's making noise.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users