Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

#2 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Still trying to figure out the point of the video. You're just repeating common business stuff ad nauseum. Simply put if a business wants to stay in business it needs be run well I don't understand the purpose of a 9min video explaining something that would take a minute.

Btw, if you are going to do these videos I recommend purchasing a better microphone instead of using a cheap walmart headset.

Edited by drexler, 29 January 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#3 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Still trying to figure out the point of the video. You're just repeating common business stuff ad nauseum. Simply put if a business wants to stay in business it needs be run well I don't understand the purpose of a 9min video explaining something that would take a minute.

Btw, if you are going to do these videos I recommend purchasing a better microphone instead of using a cheap walmart headset.

You would think it didnt need to be said...but so sad...it does.

Yes, I need a new mic, but then, I lose sooo much money making these things and I am only doing it because I want to see the kids at the field have something to aspire to ...like a well paid job as a pro or an instructor in the industry. So its not a money making venture for me at all. Maybe, one day I can spend a few hundred on a mic instead of a marker..

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,651 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

That sound pretty bad. I pay $75 for a case and entry. Its shite paint though.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

You would think it didnt need to be said...but so sad...it does.

Yes, I need a new mic, but then, I lose sooo much money making these things and I am only doing it because I want to see the kids at the field have something to aspire to ...like a well paid job as a pro or an instructor in the industry. So its not a money making venture for me at all. Maybe, one day I can spend a few hundred on a mic instead of a marker..

I hate to burst your bubble but the only thing that is profitable within this industry is owning your own company. Paintball pro's barely make enough to live on and only the big names will ever make 50k + per year.

#6 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I hate to burst your bubble but the only thing that is profitable within this industry is owning your own company. Paintball pro's barely make enough to live on and only the big names will ever make 50k + per year.

I know! Exactly, but I dont think it has to be that way.

#7 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Neither do I but that is how it is and will be for the foreseeable future unless paintball blows up to the level football.

#8 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Neither do I but that is how it is and will be for the foreseeable future unless paintball blows up to the level football.

Oh NOW! there is an idea.

#9 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

That will never happen on TV because paintball is about as fun as watching paint dry.

#10 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

That will never happen on TV because paintball is about as fun as watching paint dry.

As a Canadian...thats about the same as football..oh oh...lol...but thats going to be another vlog, but not right now. Im burnt out from this one...lots of talk going around on other places.

#11 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

It honestly doesn't matter how boring a sport is, if enough people like it it will be watched. How is Gold remotely fun to watch, how is baseball at all fun to watch? To us they are not, but both sports have such a large fanbase that people will watch them, especially people that truly understand the sport. I love watching paintball because I understand it and think the idea of pro paintball players having fans is cool. Before anyone argues with me think, people not only watch golf but ENJOY watching it. You can't tell me paintball is more boring to an average person.

#12 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

It honestly doesn't matter how boring a sport is, if enough people like it it will be watched. How is Gold remotely fun to watch, how is baseball at all fun to watch? To us they are not, but both sports have such a large fanbase that people will watch them, especially people that truly understand the sport. I love watching paintball because I understand it and think the idea of pro paintball players having fans is cool. Before anyone argues with me think, people not only watch golf but ENJOY watching it. You can't tell me paintball is more boring to an average person.

It always blows my mind how darts and poker are on TV

#13 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

It always blows my mind how darts and poker are on TV

Blah ahahahahahhah ahahaha so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Note to self, quote this man in vlog!

#14 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Its crazy how the prices of paint vary from location. In South Carolina a cheap case is like 50 bucks * (Prices at the closest field) Now that still is a strain on the budget considering the cost of living is crazy low here but the average income is also very very low. Your right though some locations could use renovations but in most cases they just cant afford it. Im sure if they are still in business after the shoddy economic state they have some business savvy or are just in a stellar location? They want to make money just as much as we want a better experience.

Solid video though? Just if what you said worked we would not have the issues? Keep them coming though.

Edited by spqr-king, 30 January 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#15 greekpaintballer

greekpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Its crazy how the prices of paint vary from location. In South Carolina a cheap case is like 50 bucks * (Prices at the closest field) Now that still is a strain on the budget considering the cost of living is crazy low here but the average income is also very very low. Your right though some locations could use renovations but in most cases they just cant afford it. Im sure if they are still in business after the shoddy economic state they have some business savvy or are just in a stellar location? They want to make money just as much as we want a better experience.

Solid video though? Just if what you said worked we would not have the issues? Keep them coming though.

I dont think thats entirely true. Yeah overall the economy isnt in its greatest times but let me give you an example from my country which is in great recession.
I am a Greek and you all know or atleast heard in what tragic state we are know. The field i play had two relatively large (for our standards) rec fields.
This past summer the owners spent 70K Euros on a new speed field whith large safe areas which both have their chrono station and air suplly on each side.The size is millenium sized field. Beside that they poot 15 big tables for the people or teams (in case of a tournament) to put and tech their equipment. They overhauled their rest of the facilities offering a caffeteria. Overall cost 85K Euros.
From this time on they are completelly booked! Their customer base doubled and the teams that practice there regularly are now 4 (at the begining was only mine). Last Sunday the field held a 3x3 xbal tourney.
The average atendance from previous tourneys,held at other fields or this one befor the overhaul, throughout my country was about 8-10 teams per tourney (small country whith low paintball history we have about 30 speed team alltogether).
At this one, after the promotion through fcbook and forums about the overhaul, the attendance was a whooping number of 27 teams giving an overlall rating after the and of a 4,8 out of 5 whith the best previous beeing a 3.5 out of 5.
So yeah i relate to the video because i saw it happening live.
If you asked me before they do it i would say they are crazy to drop that kind of money at this point of time.

#16 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Before viewing I expected a lot less. I anticipated just another complaint about having to pay 4 cents a ball...
Granted, the $170 a case quoted was steep by todays market but I've paid more in the past.

What I got out of it was that it isn't so much "I get what I pay for" as it is "I pay for what I get".
I'm not easily impressed, but that video struck me as very informed & informative.

If constructive critisism is needed, I would say the field is being shown at the worst possible time of the year. It looks mucky and Brown with no leaves on the trees. The same video shots during Summer would be much more attractive.
Right now, the condition of the field kinda contradicts the "make it good" portion of the vid.

CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users