5 replies to this topic

#1 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,590 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

So someone put up a thread in the newbie section about this, and it made me think about something I hadn't really considered before. Can shooting 100's of rounds in a short amount of time (potentially leading to moisture buildup), effect things such as consistency, accuracy or the like?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#2 tyronejk

tyronejk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I would think so. Due to condensation and lower temperatures in parts of the gun, you would probably get the same effects as if you were shooting the gun during the winter.

#3 dazbag

dazbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

I shouldnt have a effect on consistency. Just one thing, and that is absolutly theory. The moisture that can build up in a barrel, could effect your accuracy. In theory this could even change your barrel diameter because of the temperature drop, if u arent using a carbon fiber barrel. I didnt recognize a diffrence right now, and there r no reports about this. But as u see, all players havent had a issue from it now, and there are no reports about something like that. So dont waste time of thinking about it, there is no issue with that during playing with ur markers.

#4 tyronejk

tyronejk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I shouldnt have a effect on consistency. Just one thing, and that is absolutly theory. The moisture that can build up in a barrel, could effect your accuracy. In theory this could even change your barrel diameter because of the temperature drop, if u arent using a carbon fiber barrel. I didnt recognize a diffrence right now, and there r no reports about this. But as u see, all players havent had a issue from it now, and there are no reports about something like that. So dont waste time of thinking about it, there is no issue with that during playing with ur markers.

If the temperature changes the barrel bore, then it will affect velocity. Condensation in the barrel will also affect velocity.

#5 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

I once shot an entire 48/3000 out of my A5 (however much paint that translates to, I took my entire caddy with me) pretty goddamn quick for the lulz during the last game and while my barrel did get nice and frosty, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary shooting out of a .685. Purely anecdotal from one instance.
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#6 mr.satire

mr.satire

Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life fixing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

The thermal expansion coefficient, of aluminum is 12.3*10^-6 in/in deg F. So if your using a .685 in barrel and it gets to say 30F from 75F to induce freezing.
It would shrink to a .68445, so the change in barrel size is insignificant.

Edited by mr.satire, 18 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users