16 replies to this topic

#1 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

i have a valken vmax and i have the pinokio prop for it and it feeds faster (a lot) should i buy one of the super loaders and keep the vmax as a back up, or keep the vmax or should i trade the vmax in and add money for one of the superloaders i need to make a decision before the weekend. thanks

#2 joshjm500

joshjm500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I would save it as a backup if you want a new loader it never hurts to have a spare anything and i love my rotor so i would recommend that

#3 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

my local pro shop has a used rotor with speedfeed for 130$ should i get that. i was considering getting a spire for 185 or a z2 for 150 (new) which should i get. i guess the rotor is the best because almost everyone thats not sponsered uses it and most of the pro teams use them.

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Rotors are nice. But $130 with the speed feed is a little much. Well i guess it depends on what type of speed feed and what color the rotor is. a z2 for 150 sounds like a nice deal as well.

#5 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

im thinking of getting the spire. any personal thoughts about the spire. i wanna shoot 22bps with a hopper which one will be consistant and feeds that fast. ive looked at the spire and it looks promising

#6 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

z2, spire, and rotor will all feed 22bps. Rotor will always be consistent because even when you are low on paint, balls will still be fed. The spire has issues with feeding the last few balls. I am not sure about the z2

#7 joshjm500

joshjm500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

My z2 would bounce the last 4or5 around before feeding them but iv had no issues with my rotor. And if its a gen 3 rotor i think its worth it a good speed feed from dye is 30 alone

#8 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

well never run my hopper dry while playing. almost every sooting video with the rotor the guy is always shaking his hopper around for 10 sec to get all the balls out. but the only problem with the spire is that a speedfeed is 45$. in total i will be spending 230 on a hopper with a speedfeed

My z2 would bounce the last 4or5 around before feeding them but iv had no issues with my rotor. And if its a gen 3 rotor i think its worth it a good speed feed from dye is 30 alone

well the owner of the store said that the hopper is 6 months old

#9 joshjm500

joshjm500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Ok yea thats a v3 but ask if u can open it it would have velcro over the batteries and a little shark fin on the feed tray.

#10 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Ok yea thats a v3 but ask if u can open it it would have velcro over the batteries and a little shark fin on the feed tray.

so i should get the rotor instead of spending 185 on the spire. i really like the spire but if your saying that the rotor is better. than ill get the rotor. but im a little worried about getting it used. it cost 180 new which i might as well get the spire

#11 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

so i should get the rotor instead of spending 185 on the spire. i really like the spire but if your saying that the rotor is better. than ill get the rotor. but im a little worried about getting it used. it cost 180 new which i might as well get the spire

and i can talk the owner into giving me 2 free admission passes if i buy the spire. normally she does it for every 100$ but i pursuaded her to trade in my ion for an etek 3 am. so the 2 passes is 40$ right there

#12 joshjm500

joshjm500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Basically at that level why not ask the owner if you could feed some paint through both and see which u like best?

#13 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Basically at that level why not ask the owner if you could feed some paint through both and see which u like best?

well the spire is brand new and i dont know if she would let me do that but ill ask. ill bring my own paint too. but a drop test for the spire is gonna be hard because it has the g sensor

#14 joshjm500

joshjm500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well maybe theres a used spire a player at your field would lwt you shoot with

#15 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Ask them if you can play games with both. This way, YOU can decide which you like better and which you find sits better on your gun. I would just get the rotor if you can't try them out because the spire wouldnt' be worth it for $100 more.

#16 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

i cant really test a brand new loader or the used rotor. she wouldnt let me and i dont know anyone or seen anyone with a spire. but it looks like a good hopper on youtube.

#17 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well either way id still get the used rotor. Just make sure it is v3 and that it works. The rotor is nice because it will feed the last balls well. From observing my teammates, the spire has issues loading the last few balls.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users