Photo

One High-End VS. Multiple MId-Ends

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: One High-End VS. Multiple Mid-Ends (21 member(s) have cast votes)

One High-End VS. Multiple Mid-Ends

1. One High-End (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. Multiple Mid-Ends (10 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

What do you think is better and what do you do? For example, would it be better to own three axes or one geo 3? I have always wondered this my self and prefer owning multiple mid ends. Should i change my ways? I like having the feeling of having a backup because then if i break a ball or have issues, i don't have to waste time cleaning/teching, and can instead pull out a working gun and resume playing.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Your best back up is a reliable primary that you know inside and out.

#3 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Your best back up is a reliable primary that you know inside and out.

+1 for this
First thing I do when I get a gun I haven't owned before is I fully disassemble it so that I can better understand the inner workings of the marker. Which in turn makes it much easier to identify the cause of various leaks that may occur. Having a reliable marker backed by an extensive knowledge of the marker eliminates the need for a back up.

Any time I have a gun go down I have it back up again before the next game.

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

It could just be the fields that i play at. At my indoor field, the only place where i can tech with good lighting and a sanitary work place would be the bath room. The only well lit places are the on the field and in the bathroom. Should i bring a tech mat to practices in this case along with a flash light? How about teching outdoors. I really hate cleaning out breech breaks so is there a fast way to do this with an axe?

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

It could just be the fields that i play at. At my indoor field, the only place where i can tech with good lighting and a sanitary work place would be the bath room. The only well lit places are the on the field and in the bathroom. Should i bring a tech mat to practices in this case along with a flash light? How about teching outdoors. I really hate cleaning out breech breaks so is there a fast way to do this with an axe?

Just run a swab through?

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Three different mid ends, for variety. But I wouldn't get three of the same.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

+1 for this,or you could get a high end and buy a low end electro as a backup

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Axe, Invasion, Drone DX. I maybe wouldn't rule out the crossover and its mech mode for backup if it gets a little cheaper.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I have an axe right now, i am trading this older axe for an etek 4 with some ups and then buying another axe. So i will have an etek 4 and a axe. And then maybe buy a mini for $100 which i am offered. How does this sound? And running a swab through doesn't usually clean out all of the paint. For the axe you have to get paper towels and cotton swabs to get a deep clean and to clean the eyes.

#10 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I have an axe right now, i am trading this older axe for an etek 4 with some ups and then buying another axe. So i will have an etek 4 and a axe. And then maybe buy a mini for $100 which i am offered. How does this sound? And running a swab through doesn't usually clean out all of the paint. For the axe you have to get paper towels and cotton swabs to get a deep clean and to clean the eyes.

If you had both an Axe and a Mini you'd probably never use the Mini. It's just too similar but slightly lesser than the Axe. I like the Mini, but I think you'd be better off with just the Axe and Etek4.

Unless you really wanted to add an Invasion to the mix. ;)
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I have a few guns myself but have never NEEDED a backup yet in 14 years i have played.

That being said i usually always bring three markers to the feild with me for variety sake (Semi, Blowback Semi ie. Co2 friendly, and Pump). Allows me to play evenly with who ever is at the feild If its renters out comes a pump, if i getting whooped or just feel lazy i may opt for a blow back (also one feild here only really has Co2 or 3000psi HPA and most my guns are gas HOGs). And if its a group of experianced players playing ramping i break out either my cheap as chips electro Semi or my not so cheap fun as HELL to rip on Automags.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Multiple old highends Posted Image

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#13 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Get one really good high-end that you know you can trust and if you still insist on having a backup just hold on to what ever it is your using to play now this way your not spending extra money to get something that will probably just sit in your gear bag just collecting dust. Take it from me. I've been there. I had an ego11 and spent way too much time buying and selling guns trying to find the perfect backup that when I had to walk away from paintball for reasons beyond my control I ended up selling my ego with just about 4 cases through because I spent too much time trying to see if I could be comfortable with its "back-up" when it really didn't need one. If I had just kept my Etec3 and played with the ego11 I would of had much more trigger time with the ego and saved alot of money. I hope this helped.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#14 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Multiple old highends Posted Image

This reply appeals to the gun whore in me. I like it.

#15 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Replace "backup" with loaner and no not at all. I do this to

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#16 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I have a Marq, an Alias a G4 and an Ion nothing I cant handle with any of those bad boys. If anything multiple older highends over one new highend.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users