2 replies to this topic

#1 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

So I recently switched my Pure Energy tank reg over to low pressure. Everything went fine and dandy and I'm fairly certain I did everything right. However, after putting everything back together, the pin is very low, about a quarter inch down past the actual opening in the reg where the threads are. Obviously I had to drain the tank before switching the reg over. So is this normal for a drained tank to have the pin down that far, and it will just pop up and seal as soon as I get air in there? Or will I end up with my tank leaking like crazy...
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance
HCM
Want to make it to the base first in a scenario game? Try Crossfit.

#2 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

So I recently switched my Pure Energy tank reg over to low pressure. Everything went fine and dandy and I'm fairly certain I did everything right. However, after putting everything back together, the pin is very low, about a quarter inch down past the actual opening in the reg where the threads are. Obviously I had to drain the tank before switching the reg over. So is this normal for a drained tank to have the pin down that far, and it will just pop up and seal as soon as I get air in there? Or will I end up with my tank leaking like crazy...
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance

can you post a pic? usually when a pin is not high enough the pin valve spring may not be in the reg.

if you tip the reg upside down and look at the pin and it goes all the way forward where it should be but drops back down when you turn it right side up then you are missing the pin valve spring.
NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

#3 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ah! Got it. Spring was on the wrong side of the pin. Thank you sir.
HCM
Want to make it to the base first in a scenario game? Try Crossfit.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users