• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Apvb28

Apvb28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

My friend recently gave me his old steel hpa tank and I have looked around the internet that a lot of people say not to get steel or aluminum tanks. Can someone explain the differences other than the weight.

#2 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Carbon fiber tanks hold much more air for less weight. Carbon fiber is stronger and lighter than aluminum. If you are just starting out, a carbon fiber is not THAT necessary. A good mask and loader would be more important. However, if you are shooting a lot in a game and don't want to refill every game, then the carbon fiber tank is for you.

#3 splatman917

splatman917

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yeah exactly what marceldacs said...i started out with a 62/3000, Invert Halo Too, and my Azodin Blitz, and I upgraded to a Pinokio and a 90/4500 (because i'm 6'3' and have a HUGE wingspan so the 90 works for me). The big difference is how much air you can hold. Also, how careful you need to be with your tank. Obviously an aluminum tank can take a little bit more damage than a carbon fiber one can take. But i'd say unless you're going to be playing some really big games and/or shooting a lot of paint, an aluminum tank should do you just find for now :) hope it helps!

Carbon fiber tanks hold much more air for less weight. Carbon fiber is stronger and lighter than aluminum. If you are just starting out, a carbon fiber is not THAT necessary. A good mask and loader would be more important. However, if you are shooting a lot in a game and don't want to refill every game, then the carbon fiber tank is for you.

#4 Apvb28

Apvb28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

thanks for the help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users