I know it's poppet vs spool but which one is better

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

It's really down to what you like more. They aren't really similar. Have you had any hands in experience with either?

#3 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Nope I like quiet smooth good ergos very reliable never fails not much maintenance

#4 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Nope I like quiet smooth good ergos very reliable never fails not much maintenance

#5 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Dm's are godly... When they are working. Everyone at my field who has one always has problems with theirs going down. But they are working they are amazing

#6 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

And efficient and fast

#7 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

And what I have read on the g6r I want one so bad. But don't ge tone based on my review. Used a dm a hand full of times and only done research on the g6r

#8 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I read some review on the g6r that thing looks so awesome I really wanna know if the g6r is better or not

#9 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I read some review on the g6r that thing looks so awesome I really wanna know if the g6r is better or not

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I say it is

#11 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

if u want smooth and good ergo's most people would say and lean to the dm
109.gif

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I know it's poppet vs spool but which one is better

I was looking at the same two markers as you, and after holding and shooting both the DM is somewhat smoother and quieter, but the G6R is just ridiculous for a poppet valve marker. The ergos on the DM are loved by many while the G6R's are more traditional but are excellent as well.
For me the G6R has more going for it over a DM (especially when you put an LP poppet in) and is a much better value over the DM12; the previous matrices are internally almost identical so if you want one get an older model for cheap.

#13 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

To start I have a DAM which fictions just like a dm. It shoots really smooth but if you live in the north east be warned that they are uber sensitive to cold weather and it will change the way the marker operates. With that said I've own poppet valves in the past. Both the Etec3 and an Ego11. Both functioned the same in hot as they did in the cold. I love both dye and planet eclipse. I also have an ETHA which is an inline poppet hybrid that looks like its gonna be pulling triple duty as my backup/loaner/winter marker. Sorry about the rant. Now back to helping you. It's really up to your choice and what you need from the marker. If you want smoothness and don't need to worry about the cold or are willing to get a second cheaper marker for the winter go with the dm. If you want a marker that will work the same in all weather and have much better efficiency go with the g6r. I've heard nothing but good things about the bob long products but for me if I'm gonna go with a poppet the planet eclipses will always be my go to brand. And if you don't mind me making a suggestion how about giving the ego11 a long hard look. It's in the same price range as the dm12 and the g6r and I promise you as long as its maintained properly its a tank and will last you for years to come. Good luck in your search of a high-end marker. I hope what I said helps.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#14 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

He made a good pout about the ego 11. My buddy just got one about a month or two ago and he loves it.

#15 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Dm12 all the way!

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#16 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thanks fssto. Just trying to pass on the little bit of knowledge I have about this sport.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#17 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Edited by BraiNfreeZe, 30 January 2013 - 12:10 PM.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#18 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Out of the dm and g6r get the g6r. If your just going for a high end get a geo 2.1 or higher or an ego 11

#19 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

You really can't go wrong with planet eclipse can you. The only thing I think my DAM has over any planet eclipse is that dye almost stupid proofed maintenance with the colored o-rings but eclipse does put an amazing o-ring chart in the manuel.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#20 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Planet is an amazing company. I have an etek 4 and it works flawlessly. My buddy's ego11 works amazing every time we go to the field. Maintenance is so easy. Great triggers. No chops. Very consistent.

#21 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

God with these P.E fanboys, the ego 11 is not that good of a gun, its actually imo a horrid gun. The geo 2.1 is not that good either, I'd rather have a demon.... or even a luxe!
109.gif

#22 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I personally find the luxe to be garbage. I thinks it's terrible. But that's just my opinion. There will always be hatters on everything lol

#23 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Oh I love planet eclipse. The only marker of there's I haven't owned is a geo. My first eclipse was an etek3. Then I upgraded to an ego11 and for health reasons I had to walk away from the sport for about a year and a half. Sold all my markers to pay bills and kept my gear. I got my health straightened out and I decided to get back in the sport. Without question I bought an ETHA and love it. When I decided to upgrade I settled on the dam. Right away its been breaking paint on me and I had to do something I never had to do with an eclipse and that's send it back to dye. I love the dam. It feels great and when is shooting and not breaking paint it shoots great but part of me wishes I just got another ego11 and called it a day. If that's not a good testimonial for planet eclipse I don't know what is.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#24 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Haters gonna hate. I haven't used a demon or luxe but from my experience with spoolies when done with the dam I'll never get another spoolie again. After this I'm poppet for life. I don't need the north easter winter benching a gun for 4 months.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#25 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Don't swear off spoolies completely. Just swear off dye markers lol

#26 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

That geo3 is looking really good and I do think maybe it will hold up. If I do give up on dye markers maybe I'll give spools one last chance with the geo. Plus then I can say I did the eclipse world tour.lol
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#27 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Lol hell yea dude. You have to atleast get the 2.1

#28 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

If I do I'm gonna go with the 3 for the adjustability. I think it has the same style solenoid as the ego11 and that's what sold me on the 11. Or I'll just wait for eclipse to redesign the ego. This design has been around for 3 years now. It's due for a new one.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#29 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

The ego11 is an amazing marker. There would be no reason for them to come out with another ego because the changes would be so small that its not worth their money lol

#30 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

That's true. I would just like to see the grip frame from the csl and the cure4 in it stock. Those changes alone would be enough for me.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#31 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Most definatly

#32 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

To start I have a DAM which fictions just like a dm. It shoots really smooth but if you live in the north east be warned that they are uber sensitive to cold weather and it will change the way the marker operates. With that said I've own poppet valves in the past. Both the Etec3 and an Ego11. Both functioned the same in hot as they did in the cold. I love both dye and planet eclipse. I also have an ETHA which is an inline poppet hybrid that looks like its gonna be pulling triple duty as my backup/loaner/winter marker. Sorry about the rant. Now back to helping you. It's really up to your choice and what you need from the marker. If you want smoothness and don't need to worry about the cold or are willing to get a second cheaper marker for the winter go with the dm. If you want a marker that will work the same in all weather and have much better efficiency go with the g6r. I've heard nothing but good things about the bob long products but for me if I'm gonna go with a poppet the planet eclipses will always be my go to brand. And if you don't mind me making a suggestion how about giving the ego11 a long hard look. It's in the same price range as the dm12 and the g6r and I promise you as long as its maintained properly its a tank and will last you for years to come. Good luck in your search of a high-end marker. I hope what I said helps.

It functions more like a reflex. DMs have an lpr, so when it's cold, all you have to do is turn it up.

#33 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Maybe we'll get lucky and be blessed with an ego14 at world cup.

The problem with my DAM was excessive breaking of paint.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#34 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

When and where is world cup?

#35 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Eclipse guns are great at not needing maintenance, having good little features and looking pretty, but there are many markers in the price range that with a little bit of knowledge and effort will shoot much better. Its all about you preference though, its just that mine is to get something that might take a litle more care and work but performs better.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 January 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#36 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

PSP world cup is in Orlando every year around mid October. Most company's use it to drop they're new products for the following year.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#37 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Eclipse guns are great at not needing maintenance, having good little features and looking pretty, but there are many markers in the price range that with a little bit of knowledge and effort will shoot much better. Its all about you preference though, its just that mine is to get something that might take a litle more care and work but performs better.

I agree with you bud,
109.gif

#38 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

And that goes for all paintball gear. It's all preference. Some people may like azodin blitz over ego 11. A bit exaggerated but I'm sure there are some people out there who do

#39 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yea the ego 11 I was wondering about that I probably get that instead but to be clear made a secondary gun would the g6r be good and is there a way you can make the ego11 quieter

#40 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Its a poppit vs spool argument. It all boils down to what you are looking for. The benefits from spools, or benefits from poppits. Both have great ergonomics and are reliable so you cant go off that.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#41 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

The hush bolt should make the ego quieter but too too be truthful they're not all that loud. If I were to replace a bolt on an ego I would go with a cure4 for bolt because it is made by planet eclipse for the csl which was just a special edition ego. Planet eclipse released it as a direct drop in for the egos and eteks. My favorite part about that bot is that it has a rubber soft face bolt tip so it can be gentle on brittle paint.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#42 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yea the ego 11 I was wondering about that I probably get that instead but to be clear made a secondary gun would the g6r be good and is there a way tyou can make the ego11 quieter

If you want a quiet gun dont get an Ego. Youre trading preformance for lower maintenance.

What really matters is how a gun feels and shoots in your hands. Make sure you try out your choices before purchasing a high-end marker.

And not trying to sound like a dick but tons of high end markers have rubber faced bolts and dont require an upgrade to get them. Sure, PE's are nice but theyre nothing special.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 January 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#43 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I never said they're special. Before I got my DAM it was the only high end gun I've ever used. I'm gonna give this dam a good chance to win my trust with dye markers but so far its not looking good. I trust PE from personal experience that is all. I never said they were the only good marker. I'm really thinking about the axe pro pdd if ans gear has any left when I get my tax return. I'm gonna try and get out of my comfort zone a little but I'll never stop praising eclipse.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#44 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I never said they're special. Before I got my DAM it was the only high end gun I've ever used. I'm gonna give this dam a good chance to win my trust with dye markers but so far its not looking good. I trust PE from personal experience that is all. I never said they were the only good marker. I'm really thinking about the axe pro pdd if ans gear has any left when I get my tax return. I'm gonna try and get out of my comfort zone a little but I'll never stop praising eclipse.

haha a DAM wasn't a good idea for a marker atleast performance wise. Dye's flag ship marker would have been a better Idea if you want to judge a company based off the performance of a marker.
109.gif

#45 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I guess u don't like dye markers all that much from what I seen I think PE marker are better than dye image go with the ego11 and make later g6r as backup anyway where can u get the csl and what make it differ from the ego11

#46 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I guess u don't like dye markers all that much from what I seen I think PE marker are better than dye image go with the ego11 and make later g6r as backup anyway where can u get the csl and what make it differ from the ego11

By all means go with the Ego 11 but why a G6R as a backup? Usually it is the more dependable but less "precise" marker that is the backup because that is less likely to go down but doesnt shoot as good. The CSL isnt in production and its got better milling, some extra goodies like a differen trigger, and a barrel kit. You could find one used but it isnt really worth it.

haha a DAM wasn't a good idea for a marker atleast performance wise. Dye's flag ship marker would have been a better Idea if you want to judge a company based off the performance of a marker.

I agree as most mag fed markers' magazines break brittle paint I wouldnt expect the gun to be designed to fire it.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 January 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#47 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

By all means go with the Ego 11 but why a G6R as a backup? Usually it is the more dependable but less "precise" marker that is the backup because that is less likely to go down but doesnt shoot as good. The CSL isnt in production and its got better milling, some extra goodies like a differen trigger, and a barrel kit. You could find one used but it isnt really worth it.

I agree as most mag fed markers' magazines break brittle paint I wouldnt expect the gun to be designed to fire it.

No its just more milsim oriented not really performance based as most milsim guns just aren't meant to be "anything
109.gif

#48 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I got the dam because I wanted a scenario gun the had the dependability and performance of a speedball gun and I liked the magfed ability.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users