• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

What is the worst thing that you have done during a match or a absolute fail?

#2 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Shot myself off the break off an hour long scenario with no respawns...

#3 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

I had taco bell the night before and buffalo wild wings before I played once. More time in the bathroom than playing, one game was a close call.
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#4 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Fails by me:
Forgetting to turn on the air/hopper/load paint, etc...
Leaving my Barrel sock on and laning into it on the break....
On the break, I nearly blasted a ref who stood up from behind a pile of logs in front of me, then nearly fell on my face trying not to trample him.
Shooting out EVERYONE on the opposite side of the field, including a couple of teammates who had managed to sneak up behind the other team.
Forgetting that my Vibe would hold an extra shot after the tank was removed, and making everyone in the proshop need to change their pants...

Fails by other people:
Getting shot in the back of the head point-blank by a teammate off the break...
Getting shot in the ass by a teammate off the break, then as I started to walk off, the other team shot me in the loader and the lid popped open, then the same teammate shot my loader lid...
My teammate running into a tree at full speed and breaking the pneumatics completely off of his autococker...

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#5 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Snake dive, core sample, front flip, face palm

#6 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

My worst fail, diving behind a piece of plywood. I hadn't looked where I was diving and I was shredded in the knees by rocks. Had I not been wearing my ACUs it would have been waaaay worse.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#7 homestyle2000

homestyle2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Shot myself in the hand point blank while trying to put barrel sock on. it was my first day of using an electronic marker rather than the rental 98s. the trigger was huge and super light i wan't used to keeping fingers off and I forgot to shut the gun down.

in a woodsball game I convinced 3 other people to go with me deep into the woods to flank other team as the previous games were all bottlenecked into a small area. we horribly miscalculated how much we were actually turning and ended up about 3 kms from the field. when we realized that we no longer heard shooting noise from the other fields we knew we were lost in the woods. after we got back people were yelling in the woods for us.

fell out of a sniper tower trying to duck from shots coming in through the windows. (the ladder went from ground to the inside of the fully walled tower through a hole in the ground. fall was about 10 feet and hurt a ton cause i landed on by back/side.

not much of a fail but it was an oddity. at cameron paintball (hamilton ontario) they have go kart tracks and a shop. I bought the last 4 large smoke grenades and decided to use them all in one game. about 15 seconds after deployment, I realized that this was a horrible overkill. thinking smoke would last less than a minute I, as well as the people on ALL the other fields, both go kart tracks and nearby highway section were surprized by the huge amount of fog. 280,000 cubic feet of smoke to be exact.

#8 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

One time I thought I would just move up and get the angle on this one guy...

#9 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

I shot myself in the foot when the refs were doing the 3,2,1... ten seconds. I was able to clean it off in time, but ouch!!! Of course I have also had the times where I forget to turn on my marker or hopper. Everybody has some kind of fail in their career.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#10 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Fails by me:
Forgetting to turn on the air/hopper/load paint, etc...
Leaving my Barrel sock on and laning into it on the break....
On the break, I nearly blasted a ref who stood up from behind a pile of logs in front of me, then nearly fell on my face trying not to trample him.
Shooting out EVERYONE on the opposite side of the field, including a couple of teammates who had managed to sneak up behind the other team.
Forgetting that my Vibe would hold an extra shot after the tank was removed, and making everyone in the proshop need to change their pants...

Fails by other people:
Getting shot in the back of the head point-blank by a teammate off the break...
Getting shot in the ass by a teammate off the break, then as I started to walk off, the other team shot me in the loader and the lid popped open, then the same teammate shot my loader lid...
My teammate running into a tree at full speed and breaking the pneumatics completely off of his autococker...

This is the biggest fail i can think of of the top of my head. Right of the start me and a teammate ran for the center of the field. Three people from the other team ran right infront of me and all had to to was shoot a lane infront of them an let them run in to it. NOPE, my loader was off. I could only shoot 4 balls and missed every single one of them.

o8qo.jpg

#11 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Some of my worst fails:
-Almost shooting a teammate in the back of the head
-Was at the chrono, put my marker on the bench pointing to the staging area, and since the screen didn't completely encompass the chrono area, i picked up the marker and accidentally touched the trigger, shooting a ball into the staging area. Not completely my fault, I think they should design the chrono area better.
-Forgot to turn my gun and loader off. I wasn't expecting this at all so I ran into the same bunker with two other teammates.
-For some really weird reason, when I sat down on the bench in the staging area, i took my barrel sock off. I have no idea how it happened it was almost like an instinct.

Some of my friend's worst fails:
-shooting themselves in the foot
-throwing me a full pod and forgot to close it. A pod of paint wasted.

#12 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

The first time I played as a kid I ran out of air halfway through a match and thought I broke my dads marker so being an intelligent child trying to make the noise stop I stuck the barrel into the dirt.... I was maybe 9? Needless to say the older guys had a laugh at my expense. lol

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I ran up to bunker someone. I got hit in the mask with a pod, and then proceeded to slip in said pod, fall over, and then he shot me once in the back. Btw, he didnt know I was coming, it kinda just fell from his hand and managed to hit me. Felt like a derp.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Very first time I played paintball, got a bunch of friends together, and went over the rules... In detail, everyone was looking at me when I was done joking that I was a "safety pup", and I reached down and picked up my A-5, which was pointing at me...

I had gloves on...

My finger hit the trigger, and I shot myself point blank in the upper leg.

Everyone DIED laughing...

I found out about chronographs a little later, and checked my A-5 and it was shooting 365fps. Oh, and I was shooting monsterballs, and it didn't break! I had a MASSIVE purple bruise that didn't go totally away until about 4 months later! The guys who were there all those years ago, still bring it up and laugh about it! They say you never forget your first time being hit, and I sure won't forget that one!

#15 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Tried to advance up the field, but ended up in a bad spot. So I tried to move back just to end up on the ground since I slipped on some twigs and over a dirt pile. Got tangled up in thin twigs only to 3 guys shooting me up luckily not too bad since they saw I was screwed lol

#16 Skippie

Skippie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Running off break and slipping, causing me to get shot from all angles :P
Current Setup: Planet Eclipse Geo 3 (Black/Teal), 68 4500 Ninja tank (grey Ghost), and a Dye Rotor (Liquid Grey)

#17 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Oh, nearly forgot: My old field used to have random patches of loose sand mixed in with the grass.
At the beginning of a game, the ref yelled go and I sprinted off toward my bunker. Halfway there, I stepped wrong on one of those sand patches and fell right on my butt 10 feet from any bunker. I have no idea how, but I managed to scramble to the nearest bunker before the other team could hit me... While I can sometimes make the 50 off the break, it certainly didn't happen that time lol...

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#18 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Thought my karni was leaking, I forgot to cock it before airing it up.

Its not during a match, but it was a huge fail.

Edited by LV Backpacker, 31 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#19 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I shot myself in the foot when the refs were doing the 3,2,1... ten seconds. I was able to clean it off in time, but ouch!!! Of course I have also had the times where I forget to turn on my marker or hopper. Everybody has some kind of fail in their career.

I've forgotten that before. I was so focused on playing that it just didn't pass my mind. I've also had a fail dive into the snake. Otherwise that's all.... So far
SN

#20 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

On a damp day, goes to insert Aztec by snake, slides in
keeps sliding
keeps sliding
little more
okay, now in the perfect wide open between snake and the insert aztec.
Crawls for life
Front shell comes off prophecy, but gopro holds the paint in.
Can't get lid back on, moves gopro and dumps hopper empty. Put shell back on and refill
Get double bunkered by snake and someone highway

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#21 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Slipped inside a truck container that was slippery and destroyed my tank threads and shot myself in the crotch all at the same time. :lol:

#22 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

Master of the Ellipsis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Not so much a fail on my part (you be the judge) but one of my favourite paintball stories ever: playing an indoor field in cleats, lessons learned, and one of the bunkers was an "x" made of plywood. A buddy was in one of the four corners of the x and I came charging into the corner beside him. Well I didn't stop sliding, slid hard into the bunker causing the entire x to spin like a top... I simultaneously caused the bunker to slam him backwards and slide through the bunker leaving me completely exposed around the 50... He had a busted lip (flexes) and I had at least 40 welts on me...

#23 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

one time i tripped in a ditch and broke the feedneck off my gun. it sent my rotor flying like a football

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#24 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

First tournament my old field ever had, a guy went running down the snake, tripped, took a core sample the length of his barrel, bent his asa, and snapped off his barrel tip.

#25 Tech17

Tech17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Siting behind a plywood bunker, touched it ever so slightly and down it goes in the middle of the field. That didn't end well.

#26 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Back on July during my first tournament, my finger bumped into the trigger while I was switching hands, shot myself in the foot. :dodgy:
I walked off, but nobody knew what happened. Still get shit for that.

#27 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

I did a somersault to core sample move while sneaking up on a fortified bunker.. Surprisingly , no one saw me stumbling around until after I ran a squeegee through my barrel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users