6 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Was going to get the 2011 empire contact ltd ze pants but they only had them in 3x large. So looking for new pants to get. Some things I'm looking for: Don't want them to be too heavy or too light since I go paintballing year round, more in the fall, winter (if not too cold), and spring. The pants need to have good padding mainly on the knees, crotch (obviously lol), and some hip more or less. Main thing is I would like to have pants that have pockets with zippers or something so my keys don't fall out. Lost my keys one time when I went because I forgot to zip up my pocket. Not very fun at all! Imagine 5 people not including refs going over a whole field looking for keys that could be covered by sand or bushes. Guess the closing pockets is one of the biggest things lol and also durability. Also needs to look good with the techpb scenario team jersey. Don't want to hurt my wallet either

Edited by mustangs, 30 January 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Look for Dye C11 in your size or just go for the 2012 Empire Contact TW. There's a reason people rave about them so much, they're amazing.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Disruptive pants are great for the price. Mine have lasted at least two seasons, and it looks great with any jersey you wear. It is very very durable, provides great venitlation, includes zippered pockets and such, and very nice padding on the crotch, knees, everywhere you need it (and nowhere where you dont), as well as multiple pockets for squeegies, and even a pod loop for those recball days where a pack is too much. The whole thing is black with white stiching, and it looks sick. There are also multiple points of articulation and adjustability, so you can form fit it to your personal liking. The Generation 2's are only a hundred bucks. Heres a link:
http://www.disruptiv...p/dppantsg2.htm

Edited by Orange Chicken, 30 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Disruptive pants are great for the price. Mine have lasted at least two seasons, and it looks great with any jersey you wear. It is very very durable, provides great venitlation, includes zippered pockets and such, and very nice padding on the crotch, knees, everywhere you need it (and nowhere where you dont), as well as multiple pockets for squeegies, and even a pod loop for those recball days where a pack is too much. The whole thing is black with white stiching, and it looks sick. There are also multiple points of articulation and adjustability, so you can form fit it to your personal liking. The Generation 2's are only a hundred bucks. Heres a link:

I like the look and features of the disruptive pants - I may go out and get a pair as the price is a pretty attractive bonus to the features they offer. To the original poster, I think a lot of brands have nice pants, like Dye/Proto, Empire, and Sly. The tradeoff is steep price, with many of those top brands asking for $170 to get their best pairs of pants.

If you want to go off the beaten path to get a unique pants style and perhaps not pay as much in price, I'd check out the Disruptive brand, Lysk (pronounced Laysick) 411's, Draxxus Shanks, or Exalt thrashers.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#5 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

That looks like what I'm looking for! Might go with them since it doesn't hurt my pocket and I like what I see. How's the sizing? At first I wore a large in pants looking at the bt and empire size chart but realized I should of gotten the XL for them to be a little more baggy. I wear a 33x32 in jeans

Edited by mustangs, 30 January 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Umm look at the sizing chart on the link. I got them like I buy jeans.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Got it. Going to get an XL so it's a bit baggier for bounces

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users