14 replies to this topic

#1 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Are the Hush bolts worth it in any real capacity?

I've never used one, I've only heard positive and/or neutral things about it from people who do use one, I'm just curious as to what the deal is behind them that makes them worth forty bucks.

The only real benefit I can imagine is that the little star shape on the face of the bolt directs air evenly around the ball so it's not one central air "spike" hitting the weakest point of the ball.

But I'm also curious if the "ramped inlet" in the center causes any clipping problems with the ball stack, especially with electric loaders.
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#2 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

What marker are you looking to put it in and what are you really looking to get out of the bolt.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#3 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

the only STP bolt ive seen a difference in is the Fusion FX which is actually really nice, however the spyder, g6r, and ego bolts arent very great
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#4 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

What marker are you looking to put it in and what are you really looking to get out of the bolt.

I was thinking of my Etek 3 and/or an Empire Sniper if I can get one soon. Leaning more towards the sniper because they seem pretty quiet stock and the Hush supposedly at least muffles the sound a bit more than most stock bolts. If it actually does anything worthwhile I really have no problem getting one but I don't want to shell out $40 just to see, ya know?

#5 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

If you get an etek just get the cure4 bolt. I'm not a big fan aftermarket bolts on the eclipses because they make such good bolts in house. And as far as a bolt for sniper I can't help you there cause I know nothing about the gun.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#6 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

If you get an etek just get the cure4 bolt. I'm not a big fan aftermarket bolts on the eclipses because they make such good bolts in house. And as far as a bolt for sniper I can't help you there cause I know nothing about the gun.

I think of it as an A5 in pump form. All I know is I was shooting marbs through it the other weekend and I was breaking every third ball to be optimistic. I was curious if (after upgrading to a nicer pump) the "venturi" face or whatever it's called has any realistic effect on keeping the paint intact.

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

It's pretty much just another style of bolt face. Many people have claimed that they've noticed different ball handling between venturi and open, but no one has gotten proof for that. I have not experienced any difference between any of my open/venturi face bolts for my guns.

My Rev-i and Shocker with an open face bolt shot some Redemption that was too brittle for its own good just fine.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

What was the weather you were shooting in the other weekend?
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

If anything, my own anecdotal evidence would say that the Azodin TechT hush bolt is harder on paint than the stock bolt. I like the bolt for the way it looks cosmetically, but it's a pain to replace o-rings frequently and the gains in efficiency were pretty slight. Since I'm out of front bolt o-rings right now my TechT bolt is sitting in my gear bag, and honestly I haven't had an overwhelming urge to buy more yet. Maybe in a few weeks.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#10 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

If anything, my own anecdotal evidence would say that the Azodin TechT hush bolt is harder on paint than the stock bolt. I like the bolt for the way it looks cosmetically, but it's a pain to replace o-rings frequently and the gains in efficiency were pretty slight. Since I'm out of front bolt o-rings right now my TechT bolt is sitting in my gear bag, and honestly I haven't had an overwhelming urge to buy more yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

You shouldn't actually have to replace orings frequently..

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

You shouldn't actually have to replace orings frequently..

It's probably a defective part then. I typically have to replace the front oring about every month. It's literally missing when I go to re-lube the bolt.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#12 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Would there be any benefit of using the TechT bolt on a gun that already has a low force bolt? I have a SP-1 and am wondering if this bolt would make it more quiet?

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

In your case, you would not be using a Hush bolt, but rather the L7 bolt as the Hush bolts are for stacked tube poppets, not spools.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 01 February 2013 - 12:00 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#14 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Would there be any benefit of using the TechT bolt on a gun that already has a low force bolt? I have a SP-1 and am wondering if this bolt would make it more quiet?

I have the TechT L7 bolt in my G-1 and it is awesome. No bolt stick, quieter and more efficient. I highly recommend it.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#15 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

What was the weather you were shooting in the other weekend?

Like 50 degrees. And it was pretty fresh too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users