Photo

valken or dangerous power

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: valken or dangerous power (19 member(s) have cast votes)

which is a better gun and company

1. dangerous power g5 (12 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. valken proton (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 npg23

npg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I am an intermediate player and i am buying a new gun and my friend wants me to get a g5 but i like the proton a little better. Pound for pound which is better and why? I know they are kinda hard to find right now but i am interested in your thoughts. I haven't heard great things about either company and i hate how hard the pmr is to maintain and the feel of the mini. So if you guys have any experience please share.

#2 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Valken proton no doubt in my mind. Even over the Etha the proton is better. The prob with dp guns I that the parts are all different which is why they have so many issues. For example, if your gun I leaking, and you send it to dp, it will take weeks for them to go it because 1 g5 ASA is different from another g5 ASA. Also the g5 is a g4 with a different number.

#3 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Valken proton no doubt in my mind. Even over the Etha the proton is better. The prob with dp guns I that the parts are all different which is why they have so many issues. For example, if your gun I leaking, and you send it to dp, it will take weeks for them to go it because 1 g5 ASA is different from another g5 ASA. Also the g5 is a g4 with a different number.

dont listen to anything he said...Posted Image

I reccomend looking at a used axe

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#4 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Nailed it ^

All g5 asa's are the same...hence the assembly line...and interchangeable parts

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#5 evan15549

evan15549

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

If you are dead set on the two markers, I would definitely recommend the G5 for an intermediate player. It is very simple (very) to maintain and take apart. If you are able too though, I would go for a used axe.

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Nailed it ^

All g5 asa's are the same...hence the assembly line...and interchangeable parts

#7 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

eXTCy or a used Axe shit on them both
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Imo stay away from gog or dp. A used axe would be a good choice though.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

for 250, get the GoG eXTCy. Anything more than that, get a used Axe. A used Axe will run the same price range of a new G5 or Proton, and it is a much better gun for the same money.

#10 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

for 250, get the GoG eXTCy. Anything more than that, get a used Axe. A used Axe will run the same price range of a new G5 or Proton, and it is a much better gun for the same money.

Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#11 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Also did you think about checking ETHA? It's a quality gun from from a great company.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

GOG is a great company with great products, I just hate their non-standard barrel threads.

#13 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

extcy sucks, My firned bought a extcy and its so bulky and ugly he sold it to my friend and my friend used it once and is trying to get rid of it now,
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#14 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

GOG is a great company with great products, I just hate their non-standard barrel threads.

I agree GoG is a fantastic company that comes out with affordable high-quality products. I have also dealt with their customer service and it is great. The Extcy is a stellar marker for the price, you wont be disappointed.

Edited by LegionPB, 02 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#15 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Also did you think about checking ETHA? It's a quality gun from from a great company.

I agree. The Etha is a great gun. Has the great customer service, and performs great. Don't listen to what others say, the Etha isn't loud at all. But if you're are dead set on those two I would go with the Dangerous Power G5.
\Posted Image

#16 npg23

npg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I asked the guy at my local shop and he told me not to get the etha because it is similar to the proton and all the parts have to come from Europe instead of New Jersey for valken so i got the proton.

#17 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Then the guy at your local shop doesn't know what he's talking about because planet eclipse runs its American operation out of Rhode Island. The location in Rhode island is always stocked with all the replacement parts to handle all the American warranty work. And from what I read about valkin on a couple forums here they're quality control has been in the crapper lately.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#18 syllabuz

syllabuz

Just Keepin' It Real...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I asked the guy at my local shop and he told me not to get the etha because it is similar to the proton and all the parts have to come from Europe instead of New Jersey for valken so i got the proton.

Then the guy at your local shop doesn't know what he's talking about because planet eclipse runs its American operation out of Rhode Island. The location in Rhode island is always stocked with all the replacement parts to handle all the American warranty work. And from what I read about valkin on a couple forums here they're quality control has been in the crapper lately.

Either way, I wouldnt get the Etha, Id rather shoot an extcy.

POS

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Axe or extcy.

Axe or extcy. Pbforum.com for some reason praise the proton. But the axe is a ton better, as like the extcy. The etha isnt all that great.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 09 February 2013 - 09:56 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I own a lot of valken products...

A lot of my stuff doesn't work and or is ripped or torn

#21 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

I own a lot of valken products...

A lot of my stuff doesn't work and or is ripped or torn

I had valken crusade pants and the knee tore the first day and i ended wearing my old empire pants which make the valken look like balls.I rock Dye pants now and they are far better then both.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#22 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

extcy sucks, My firned bought a extcy and its so bulky and ugly he sold it to my friend and my friend used it once and is trying to get rid of it now,

The eXTCy is far from bulky and being ugly is personal opinion and has no effect on the performance of the gun.
Tell me again how it "sucks"?

BST Feedback 21/0/0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users