• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chrismaldo

chrismaldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

I heard the DP G5 was a good gun and I'm looking to get a new gun better than my Invert Mini. I also heard the Proto 2012 Reflex were very good and don't really know which one to go with.

Please Help!!

#2 T Flyer24

T Flyer24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I don't advise the dp guns, but the reflex rail is decent for the price. Have you thought of an P.E. etha? One of the guys at the local field has one and I would take it over any of the guns mentioned above... Good luck!

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

First off from what I heard about the minis they are really solid guns for the price. With that said always be upgrading up not sideways. The dp g5 would be a sideways upgrade meaning you would be paying money to just be getting a newer gun of the same quality. I could recommend the ETHA but some would say its also a sideways upgrade. The only upgrades the ETHA would provide is a hard case, 2 piece barrel and a user serviceable regulator. The reflex is a solid gun but there are others that I thick are better in that price range. For starters there's the axe which you should be comfortable with since it has some common feature to the mini. I have never used an axe but everything I've seen about it leads me to believe that it is a promising marker. Another really solid option in that price and one that I would highly recommend is the planet eclipse etek4. To me they are just baby egos. Before buy anything go to a shop hold it. See if it feels comfortable in your hands and see if you can find one that you can shoot. Then when you find a gun you like ask yourself is it really an improvement over what I already have. Only you can decide what's better for you. Everyone on here myself include can just tell biasly what they like and what they have heard or think is good. Some people on here might have guns they have and love and I may have owned those same guns and had bad experiences with them so I'll tell you they're crap and the will tell you those same guns are the best in the world. Perfect example I had a proto SLG that was nothing but problems. Sent it back to dye 3 times and the problem always came back and brought some new friends with it. I know quite a few people that owned slg's and never had problems with them. So I can't really tell you what's gonna be good for you. Only you can do that.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

T flyer is right. Dp guns are all problems waiting to happen. They all always leak. No way around it. They're fittings and macro lines suck.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#5 chrismaldo

chrismaldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Thanks guys i might look at the etha.
This really helped!!

#6 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

And yes I know the g5 is a macroless gun.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Waste of time going from a Mini to anything new in that price bracket, put your $500 towards a used gun that will actually be an upgrade.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

The ETHA is great. I have one and its easy to maintain and shares some of the parts its big brothers have. It has the same regulator internals as the ego geo and etek. The only differences are is the housing are milled differently and that's just cosmetics so they all operate the same. And it has the same exact barrel as them too. And in my opinion the shaft 4 is one of the best barrel systems in paintball today.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Although I hate minis, the others arent even close to being worth the "upgrade." Look into some used older highends or some newer used midends for that price range. Axe, Shocker, Vice, Quest, DM, Ego etc. They'll all shoot way better than an Etha, g5, rail or mini.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

The ETHA might only be a slight upgrade but the etek would be a great jump without having to go into ego price range.

The axe New is in that $500 price range. Why buy used and not get a warranty.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

get the alien invasion if you go new, it blows anything out of the water in that price bracket. for used use the website https://www.trademyg...-used-guns.aspx

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Buy a used Vice or an Axe.

The Axe is a whole different marker than a mini, it has a better shot quality, 100000 times better trigger and is more efficient.

#13 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Look at an alien... guy on MCB is selling em for $390! a steal right now!

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users