• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Vradicar

Vradicar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

So I've been playing paintball for about a year now, feel like its time to hang up the old mech gun and get something good!

I was thinking an axe, but was wondering maybe an Envy w/ black heart board would be better? Just cause its cheaper maybe put that money aces toward some other gear?

What're your thoughts?

#2 MIKEMAN902

MIKEMAN902

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

axe all the way over the envy.if u can put the redline grip on it. i prefer the etek 4 though.

#3 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Get the gear first. This includes a HIGH quality mask, good loader, and CF tank. After you have these. You can get the axe. I have an axe and they are really nice.

#4 Vradicar

Vradicar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Already got a good mask, was gonna grab a new gun tank and loader, and wanted some pads

#5 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

If you are happy with your MASK, Have a decent HPA tank and a decent Electronic loader. Then upgrading to a electro gun of your preferance is ALOT of fun.

And from all that i gather a Axe is a GREAT option. But if ya on a budget then the black heart'ed Envy will do everything you will need on the feild. Its just not as fancy or refined as the Axe.

Personally i been playing for 14 years and i STILL prefer shooting mech guns, I never feel as though my guns are the thing holding me back from a win and i simply have more fun shooting them. Point is dont feel you need a "better" electro gun to play this game effectivly, Just get out and have fun.

Playing more offten and practice will always win you more eliminations than ANY higher end gun ever will.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

If youre going to go with Gog I would get the Extcy instead. Its just an overall nicer marker and worth the extra cash. If you decide to spend more the Axe really is a tournament marker for the price of an entry level one. Its absolutely a win-win situation between these two choices.

You could always pick up something used on the BST too; a lot of bang for your buck.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 January 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

In the price range of the axe, you have the axe, drone dx, etek 4, reflex rail, and alien invasion. The alien invasion is nice, but it is not common at all (have never seen a person at the field with one) and therefore if you need any help on it, good luck! The reflex rail shoots smooth but requires maintenance and there is probably some other reason why it is not common. The etek 4 is super reliable but has s$%t shot quality. It actually makes a crack when you shoot it. Nonetheless i am still trading an axe for it since i have two of them and would like a little variety. THe Drone is a really nice shooting marker but the trigger is crap, the grips are crap, and it is harder to get repairs done since MacDev is based in australia. It is still a great option but i would wait until they put the new boards on ALL of the markers and fix the trigger. They aren't common at all at my field. I was the only person at my field who owned one. The Axe, ahh, my favorite. The trigger is fantastic, the shot quality is almost like a spool (even better with the boss bolt), the grips are pretty nice, nice reliability, and backed by a GREAT company. The only thing that you could complain about on the axe is the ergos (personal preference, i love them), and the non user servicable regulator(hasn't broken on me yet). Overall, id get the axe since it is the best bang for your buck and is very well rounded.

#8 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Id get an eXTCy with all the other stuff you wanted
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#9 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

If you haven't already... check out the Etha and Etek 4.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

My personal opinion stay away from gog. There's a reason smart parts went out of business. Plus I hate steel braided hoses on paintball guns.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

My personal opinion stay away from gog. There's a reason smart parts went out of business. Plus I hate steel braided hoses on paintball guns.

No. Not even close. GoG makes arguably the best paintball guns in the 100-300 dollar range, hands down. Yes, there were reasons SP went under, and GoG is doing a good job at not repeating those mistakes.

And what's wrong with braided hose? Do you not like the fact that it lasts almost forever with no maintenance? Most new players don't understand the concept of macroline and fittings and whatnot, so they put the braided hose on there so it's one less thing for a new player to worry about.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 31 January 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#12 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

I can see that being a benefit of the steel braided hose for newer players but remember I states that it was just my personal opinion. I've been using macro line long enough and am comfortable with it.

I can see that being a benefit of the steel braided hose for newer players but remember I states that it was just my personal opinion. I've been using macro line long enough and am comfortable with it.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#13 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I also think in the long run he would get more use out of the axe.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#14 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

True. But if you aren't a fan of braided hose, it can always be removed and macroline fittings put on to replace it. I would take a look at the GoG guns if you aren't familiar with them, they really stepped up their game from the SP days.

Take the eXTCy for example. They took the ion XE and gave it a usable feedneck, eye covers that you can get to, the blackheart board from the factory, an on/off ASA that doesn't eat tank threads, a trigger that doesn't eat shit, CO2 and HPA ready out of the box, and a 14" barrel. They even put it in a hard case instead of the old shit cardboard boxes the Ion used to come in.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 31 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#15 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yes they have added a ton of good features. I agree with you there and its nice that they added a case. That is a feature that a lot of the high end boys need to really wake up too. I guess maybe smart parts just left a bad taste in my mouth. Do you know if gog is warrentying the new smart parts stuff because I've seen people recommend those guns New from ans gear to newer players and I just don't want those players getting stuck with an unusable gun if it breaks.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Yes they have added a ton of good features. I agree with you there and its nice that they added a case. That is a feature that a lot of the high end boys need to really wake up too. I guess maybe smart parts just left a bad taste in my mouth. Do you know if gog is warrentying the new smart parts stuff because I've seen people recommend those guns New from ans gear to newer players and I just don't want those players getting stuck with an unusable gun if it breaks.

While I'm not sure if they do or not, their CS is so good that they would fix it either way. I know for a fact there is a lifetime warranty on the eNMEy platform, so I would assume there is a warranty setup for all of their other markers. I sent in my 09 Impulse for them to go through and fix up not too long ago(which is an SP gun that they quit making and parts are scarce), and they only charged me the shipping and I got it back shooting like new money.

And I bought an Ion XE brand new back when I was kinda new to the sport. I had the gun for 20 minutes and the stock feedneck broke, and I had to pay another 40 bucks on the spot to get a new feedneck so I could play that day. I was pissed. I had to pay as much as a case of paint just so I could put a loader on my gun to play.

#17 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

That sounds like all of the horror story's I heard about smart parts in the past. I started this sport in there last year of operation and was advised to avoid them because of the rumors that they were shutting down so I have personally not used any of they're products bit I have witnessed there stuff taking a crap right in front of me on numerous occasions.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#18 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

That sounds like all of the horror story's I heard about smart parts in the past. I started this sport in there last year of operation and was advised to avoid them because of the rumors that they were shutting down so I have personally not used any of they're products bit I have witnessed there stuff taking a crap right in front of me on numerous occasions.

Ive used their products for years without a single issue. Everything fron shockers to ions. They are solid for the price. They have fewer lemons than most other companies, which is quite a feat since they sell a ton of markers. If you havent used em, dont knock em.

#19 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Get a Marq on the BST. They can be found in pristine condition around 300.
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users