20 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

We heard the exciting news that Tippmann Effect would be making a return to the tournament paintball scene so we took it upon ourselves to reach out to Jessie Shaum and get the scoop on what is what. With the advent of a new marker, a new philosophy and new blood. The team historically may have been over looked due to their markers but gained the respect of each team they lined up across the field from. This is the challenge the new Effect will face. With big shoes to fill it will be interesting to watch the new team come together and gel as a cohesive unit. Full Story

If you care enough to read the interview click Here

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I like how they state the reason they came back was to promote a gun. You'd think they'd have other reasons.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

To play paintball?

#4 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hey, more teams to watch. Be interesting if we get to see a Crossover bunker an ego Posted Image

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#5 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

meh?

I'd just love to see a Tippmann team stand on top of a podium.

#6 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I get the whole "lets promote the crossover" but since it's debut I haven't heard much of anything from it....my "local field" has them for sale but they hardly push them, much less mention them....I really don't think it's as good as tippmann claims it is.

But best of Luck to the team and I hope they win some tournaments.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#7 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

i'm thinking part of the reason that you're not hearing much about the crossover is because people discount it as "just another tippman gun" when nobody really has tried them out other than a few people... which i think is really a bit of a shame since the features are perfect for an entry level gun... i thought there was a possibility to see tippmann effect returning though

#8 BEZERKERS

BEZERKERS

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Blues Crew used the crossover at the last Tippmann World Challenge at Hells Survivors. Didnt hear any rave reviews or beating their chest over them.

BEZERKERS
Living Legends 6 Most Valuable Team for the Horde
IN THE FACE !!

#9 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I haven't heard that team name in years. It should be very interesting.

#10 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

i'm thinking part of the reason that you're not hearing much about the crossover is because people discount it as "just another tippman gun" when nobody really has tried them out other than a few people... which i think is really a bit of a shame since the features are perfect for an entry level gun... i thought there was a possibility to see tippmann effect returning though

I think it's because they are $416 to $450 depending on where you buy it from. People just don't want to pay that much for a Tippmann marker until it's proven that they have crossed over to designing "speedball-type" markers instead of clunkier woodsball and scenario markers. I personally think the Crossover is a neat gun with a trigger that isn't quite optimal but understandably necessary. I've tried to find one to buy used since I didn't want to pay so much for it, but did you know that not a single Crossover has been listed in the TechPB BST? Not a single one in the mcarterbrown forums either. There was a single one listed at PBNation for $400.

The optimist would hope that this is because everyone that has a Crossover has loved it, but it's equally possible that no one owns it. Tippmann should have corrected their pricing or marketing on this months ago.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#11 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

^Actually their have been a few on the nation listed for $350. One had a custom anno job to it.

The only reason I haven't flocked to a Crossover yet is due to "bugs". I haven't seen anyone saying theire Crossover is broken in anyway... a few leaking markers but thats due to user error.

To m this marker is a bit strange as far as "interweb goes" There are a lot of people who own one, but they never talk about them, at all... They don't sell them, they never get all Flashy with them... They just play ball with them and nothing is really said about them, it's kind of different. If there was a way to fix the stiffness of the trigger I'm sure tons more people would enjoy the piss out of them.

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Can't take them seriously due to the selling mantra of the Crossover.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

every team sells their companys stuff.

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

every team sells their companys stuff.

Fair enough, I do the same for Disruptive Paintball. I even wear their basketball shorts underneath their Disruptive Pants, and then at school I'll sometimes wear either theirs or Empire's 2013 t-shirt they gave me for free.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 incrdbleherk

incrdbleherk

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I loved seeing Tippmann Effect's tricked out 98's. I would love to see them play competitively like that again, but I don't really care for seeing them with a crossover.
Score Is Irrelevant

#16 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

NPPL with that trigger? LOL. The trigger on the crossover is probably the worst trigger I have ever felt on a electronic gun.

Edited by Schuppert3, 03 February 2013 - 02:02 PM.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#17 KurtPB

KurtPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Take the trigger spring out and BAM, you have the trigger the Crossover should have shipped with. I'm sure Mike will say the same thing once he finishes a review for it and all of a sudden people on here will think it's some genius idea.

#18 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

crossover is actually really nice, i enjoyed shooting the one i borrowed.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#19 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

crossover is actually really nice, i enjoyed shooting the one i borrowed.

I liked it, too. I'm just not sold on the idea of paying $430 for it new or $350 for it used. The shorter barrel, lack of an on/off ASA stock, and single color all make me wish it was closer to $330 new and $250 used. Even though the local stores have been pushing the heck out of it, I have yet to see a single player use one so far in play. I'm really looking forward to Tippmann Effect using it in play because it will be an opportunity to watch a lot of gameplay with this marker.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#20 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Is Tippmann Effect going to be using stock crossovers, or highly upgraded crossovers? Like the tricked out 98s, but instead of a 98, its a crossover.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#21 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Is Tippmann Effect going to be using stock crossovers, or highly upgraded crossovers? Like the tricked out 98s, but instead of a 98, its a crossover.

I don't think there are too many ups for the crossover right now.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users