• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snwbrdr67stx

snwbrdr67stx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hey guys, This is my first post on Tech PB. I used to play paintball back in middle school as a local club in MD but that closed down and there was no where else to play. I am now about 3 years out of college and played again for the first time and a local place called Lehigh Valley Paintball. I forgot how much fun I had and now I'm trying to get back into the sport again.

I bought a e99 avant off of a guy on Craigs list for $50 with all the accessories, but has not been upgraded at all. I brought it to the course last weekend and chrono'ed it and the max I could get it up to was 215f/s. I got a new spring (thankfully for free from the pro shop) and got it to 260 f/s max. I would love to add a regulator to it to maybe juice it up a bit as well as getting a good spring for it. What would you guys recommend that I put on it to increase f/s and/or what kind of regulator would help out. I have a 48 c/inch 3000psi tank right now.

Also was wondering if there was anyway that I could put eyes on it or other upgrades that you would recommend. The one thing that I am already doing is putting in an anti-chop bolt and a roller trigger.

Any other suggestions would be great.

#2 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Before I answer, welcome to TechPb :)

First thing is first, do you have a great mask? I mean a mask with thermal lenses and feels good on your face.

If so you should upgrade your tank before you upgrade the gun. A carbon fiber tank can be found for around 90-100 on CL and will be be significantly lighter than your current tank and will give you more shots per fill.

If the E99 is not upgraded, you will need a new feedneck and barrel most likely. Custom products barrels are great and CCM makes good feednecks. Custom Products regulators are pretty popular.

Edited by Vidalecent, 31 January 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#3 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

First things first, Welcome to Techpb. I had a e99 myself when I first started playing. I would say get a good mask first, a good air tank ( co2 sucks ) next, Then a good barrel. Then I would get this: http://www.zephyrpai...gger-Frame.html

#4 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

dont upgrade it, get i nice expensive and comfortable mask you like then fast loader with a compressed air tank but do not upgrade a spyder
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#5 snwbrdr67stx

snwbrdr67stx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, I do have a nice mask that I like a lot. Its from when I was younger but is still in great shape. I have a 14in j&j ceramic barrel on the way as well as a Viewloader eVlution 3 with a Z board which should shoot at least 20 bps which is plenty for the rec ball that I am playing. I will definitely look into a new carbon fiber tank so far I am happy with compressed air much more than cO2.

I really want to make sure my gun shoots fast enough for the field. Should I look into a regulator or should a spring kit be fine?

#6 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

id also advise you to get some paintball specific padding especially knee pads
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users