Photo

Coach Paul Richards Leaves Tampa Bay Damage.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Making Moves

I am leaving Tampa Bay Damage and joining San Antonio X-Factor for the 2013 season. I have informed TBD of my intentions. A month ago this would not have even entered my mind but things change, including me, and in retrospect it doesn't seem so unlikely. (Nor did I ever imagine I would be a footnote in any silly season and yet--here it is.)
Last season with Damage was more of a struggle than the triumph I had almost expected and despite enough consistency to finish second in both major leagues the overall result was a disappointment because we expected better. That was followed by a long silent off season that didn't resolve itself until much later than normal. While retaining a significant role with Damage I felt things had changed irrevocably.
Within a similar time frame--the off season--doctors discovered a growth that was at first believed benign but after it was surgically removed earlier this month proved otherwise. I am presently still awaiting the results of some post op testing but I am moving forward and God willing all will be well. (It had been my intention to hold off on any public announcement until all the testing was complete so I didn't have to mention it at all but circumstances aren't keeping to my time table.)
It is amazing what sort of clarity a situation like this affords. I don't recommend it but it has led me to a new beginning.
Which brings me to X-Factor. First I want to thank Alex Martinez and the whole team for making my move possible. You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to getting started. Second I want to explain briefly why X-Factor. My evaluation is that this team has been thru the wars and retained a core of highly experienced and talented players while adding some motivated youthful talent that brings with it a new energy. They have won together and they have lost together and they have made a commitment to each other and displayed a fresh hunger to succeed. What more could anyone ask for? See y'all on the field.

Full Story ----> Here

#2 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

He will be missed!

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

From what I have Heard they are getting Skinny Kevin from Ironmen for their Coach..

With Bains gone and Paul gone, I really hope Skinny can show Damage some tricks they haven't thought of yet. :wub:

#4 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Damn! I'm pumped for the season to start up again.

#5 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

There is crazy things happening in this off season, for sure. I think that the move is either going to make or break them though; on one hand they are getting a brand new coach which is like fresh blood for them. On the other hand they are losing their longtime companion, so who knows at this point.

#6 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Damage is pulling a Russian Legion this offseason.

#7 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

So many changes this year it seems like. Should make for an interesting year.

#8 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

So many changes this year it seems like. Should make for an interesting year.

I agree.. excited to see it all play out!
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#9 buzz-jahat

buzz-jahat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

well, somethings going down with damage...
PE SL Family, Maximum Custom Jersey, Petro Edge, Putra Paintball Park Malaysia

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users