Photo

How much does your Cell phone mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Think of how important your cell phone is.

if you had a choice between walking everywhere(no public transportation, taxi or calling people for a ride etc.) but still got your phone what would you choose?

or!

You got paid $2 Everyday you didn't have your phone(keep a house phone but no cell phone) would you take that offer?

just thinking.

3 things come flying out of your hand and are going to land in a sewer drain.

1)Cell phone
2) Credit/Debit Card
3) Car keys.

Which one do you dive for before they are all lost in the abyss? (I know the answer to this one most of you will put)

#2 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

cell phone because debit /credit card can be locked and it is unlikely that whoever finds my carkeys will know exactly which car it is for.

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

^thats exactly the answer i thought of, but instead of "finding your keys" you call the Police and a wrecker to tow your car home while you wait for the manufacture to send you another spare set.

Edited by Panda Man, 31 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#4 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Get paid 2 bucks.
I rarely play any games on it and I rarely text people or call.

After a year, I could buy a used Bob Long.

#5 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

car keys .. gotta have my wheels

#6 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

if you had a choice between walking everywhere(no public transportation, taxi or calling people for a ride etc.) but still got your phone what would you choose?

or!

You got paid $2 Everyday you didn't have your phone(keep a house phone but no cell phone) would you take that offer?

just thinking.

1)Cell phone
2) Credit/Debit Card
3) Car keys.

Which one do you dive for before they are all lost in the abyss? (I know the answer to this one most of you will put)

That's to easy. Cell phone, not because i text or talk to people on the phone alot. It's quite the contrary. I listen to music so much on my phone that i would probalby have a mental breakdown if i didn't have it.

Cradit/Debitcard. Well, i can get a new one for free. But let's say that hyoptheticly that wasn't a option. I fine with paying with cash. Credit card is just more convientient.

Car keys. I don't have a car :P. But Let's say it was my moped keys. Nope. Especially now in the winter i can't use it anyways and i'm used to taking the bus. And my field is less than two miles from where i live. So walking is an option unless i get a ride.

o8qo.jpg

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

or!

just thinking.

1)Cell phone
2) Credit/Debit Card
3) Car keys.

Having to walk everywhere sucks, I'd rather not have a phone. I'd rather keep my phone considering anytime I didnt want it I could sell it for a couple hundred. And I'd go for my phone, my debit card and keys are pretty easy to replace. And I have several car keys.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

As a grown-up professional type (crikey, when did that happen?!), I rely on my car and cell phone for work. So if I dropped my phone in a sewer, I'd be annoyed, and then I'd have to go buy another one and do a system restore. Same with my keys - order another set from the dealer. I have another set and another car if it came to that. Cards are easily cancelable - that'd be the least obnoxious thing to have to replace.

#9 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

$2 a day. You could have a free meal a day with $2 a day. Not a very good one but guaranteed food.

#lifeofaskibum
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#10 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Phones been dead for nearly a month. Charged it today, 1 voice mail from Gamestop.

As for your questions:
Yes

Car keys, have credit card memorized, I'd be wondering why the hell I had the phone on me to begin with.

#11 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

My phone is my life-line between me and my work.
Depending on the situation, I could face some serious consequences for simply not having it.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#12 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

For me,I would rather have $2 a day than my phone,because I rarely text/call anybody,and I can just plug my headphones into the computer and listen to music off of iTunes.

As for which to grab,I would grab my phone even though I wouldn't miss it if it did fall.I have spares for the car,and a credit/debit card can be cancelled and replaced.I would have to pay to replace my phone,and even though I don't use it much,it cost me about $200(or $1,000,000,000 in poor people dollars).

#13 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, I'm dependent on my phone. For work, family, and most anything.

Also I never walk with any of those things in my hands, so it's unlikely they'd fall into a sewer.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I would lose my phone so I can finally upgrade and get an iphone. I have a crappy Samsung Intensity 2.

I would grab my car keys.

#15 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Id keep my phone because it would be the hardest to replace being an iphone. THe credit card could be blocked and i would get a new one. The carkeys are not hard to replace.

#16 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I can easily live with out the phone or debit card. Heck, 10 years ago I was doing that....and I am only 33. Car keys on the other hand....not so much. Winters are too harsh and things are too far spread apart where I live. Summer time I would be able to bike places because of the biking trails we have.

#17 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

#18 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, I really don't use my phone too much. Option 2 and 3, respectively.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users