17 replies to this topic

#1 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

im really cautious when i want to spend money. im wondering if i should keep my valken vmax loader that just barely feeds 15bps or should i drop 185 on a virtue spire? i can get a nice used gun for that money or other things..... what should i do. my local store has a used dye rotor with speedfeed for 130 and a z2 for 150 new. i wanna get a new loader so i can shoot 22bps just for fun (im not gonna shoot people with 22bps). my vmax would just be good for 15. and if i decide to get a new loader should i keep my vmax as a backup or trade it in towards the new loader. i want a loader that is cheap,never jams and feeds faster than i need it to

#2 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just get the Rotor bro, it has never failed me yet. I have bought and recieved a brand new Z2 and have only had issues (although I think I received a lemon). Luckily Kee is hooking me up with some stellar customer support, but I'm bummed a brand new piece of equipment is jacked up, but it happens. You will be more than happy with a rotor, trust me :). Oh, and my Rotor has NEVER jammed, best believe it ;)

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I agree with legion. The rotor is the best way to go. If you don't believe us look at what most of the pros use. I would keep the vmax as a back-up just in case. I've never had a rotor go down on me but you never know when you might break a feedneck doing a slide or taking a dive. And if that happens in tournament or at the beginning of a day that's a bad way to cost you a tournament or a day of play.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Are you currently running into any problems with it, or are its downfalls all just speculation at this point?
If you're currently not having any problems with it, then there's no need to get rid of it. If you begin to experience issues, then it's time to upgrade. But don't waste money based on speculation and don't try to fix what isn't broken.
As much as I enjoy this sport, there are far better ways to waste your money.

Edited by Antonious, 31 January 2013 - 05:06 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Are you currently running into any problems with it, or are its downfalls all just speculation at this point?
If you're currently not having any problems with it, then there's no need to get rid of it. If you begin to experience issues, then it's time to upgrade. But don't waste money based on speculation and don't try to fix what isn't broken.
As much as I enjoy this sport, there are far better ways to waste your money.

well its not feeding fast enough like i want it to. and i hate buying 9volt batteries every month because the vmax eats batteries like crazy. and i just dont like the looks of it.

#6 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just get the Rotor bro, it has never failed me yet. I have bought and recieved a brand new Z2 and have only had issues (although I think I received a lemon). Luckily Kee is hooking me up with some stellar customer support, but I'm bummed a brand new piece of equipment is jacked up, but it happens. You will be more than happy with a rotor, trust me :). Oh, and my Rotor has NEVER jammed, best believe it ;)

well the rotor doesnt hold much paint and if it breaks you cant use it at all.but ive heard they have good battery life. and you cant use crapy paint with it. i like the spire because it has all the features i want and need. but the price is not so nice. 185 for a hopper without a speedfeed is high.

#7 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I use crap paint in my rotor all the time. 0 hopper breaks with 2 week old walmart paint (Can't say it doesn't barrel break and fly all over though xD)..
The rotor doesnt generally "break" as far as i know. The spire really doesnt hold a significant amount of paint over the rotor either. It's like a 20 ball difference. Rotor is like 180 capacity, spire is around 200 capacity. Pods hold what? 140-150?

Both are nice hoppers. It's whatever you're willing to spend..

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#8 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I own a Rotor and have never had any issues with jamming despite using a wide variety of paint. I've also never hear of Rotors breaking that often. The Rotor and Spire both hold about 200 rounds.
Save yourself $50-$100 and just get a used Rotor. If you find a used Spire for about the same price, just get whichever you think looks better. They'll both perform just fine on the field.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#9 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

and is the rotor good for stop and shot shooting. will it be consistant if i shoot 8 balls then stop. then shoot 2 then stop and then shoot 4. will it keep up.or would a halo too or z2 or spire be better

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

In paintball most of the time you get what you pay for in most cases if you go cheap then you get crap and considering what your asking of a hopper you will never find a good one that feeds as fast as you want for under $150 new. But you can probably get one of the big 3 used at a good price in the buy sell trade forum here. And by big 3 I mean rotor, z2, spire.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

keep the v max

#12 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yes it will. The rotor will handle any task you throw at it without breaking a sweat. Trust me. I've owned 3 of them.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#13 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Just get a rotor, or alternatively if you're strapped for cash get a v-35 halo b.....they'll be feeding a consistently high bps and their great bang for the buck.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#14 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I dont see how 15bps isnt fast enough... I love my vmax. Batteries last me a few months, and it feeds 12.5 just fine.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#15 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Because the guy said he wants to shoot around at 22bps. I'm guessing in his backyard. And the 15bps that the vmax is rated for is burst speed. Which means it can sustain that for a short but it averages around probably 10-12bps. The rotors 50bps is just burst speed. It can only sustain an average speed of about 35bps. And you can't judge a loaders speed with a drop test because the ball stack will always create resistance and slow even the fastest of loaders down.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#16 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Halo too loads plenty fast or pinokio if you want high capacity

#17 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

i wouldnt suggest going with a rotor they have some that blend paint and they have some that jam they have some that work great but for 200$ im not risking shit for a hopper it has to be flawless 100% of the time. were ALL on a fan boat for a loader id suggest a VLocity but those are gone :( id pick a z2 over a rotor since im more familiar with halos. Do your research and chose whats right for you. all loaders are different and have different things
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#18 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'd go with a Z2 because they look better and feed great. Also why don't you just get a nokio prop for your Vmax?
109.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users