• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Triad

Triad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I was just wanting to ask a couple questions I've recently gotten in to paintballing I've started playing woodsball with a couple of my friends, I've been playing for about 3 weeks now, and my gun is a jt outkast ( I know it's not a very professional gun but it my first gun) it is a awesome gun but lately it has been shooting multiple balls at time, I went into a chat room on tech pb and they told me it was my detents, they said I should have two detents but I only access on of them on the gun and I don't even know if there is two. I don't know if you guys know much about jts or not but if you could help me out that would be awesome! And my other question was have you guys ever used or ever owned a tippmann gryphon, or maybe do you guys know much about them. Are they good guns? I know they are like a 98 custom pretty much but just a different shell. I hope you can help me out

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Your gun will only have one detent, and you'll have to take off the left side rail to get at it.

Manual

Edited by andrewthewookie, 31 January 2013 - 09:09 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 Triad

Triad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Okay, yeah I did that

#4 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Don't upgrade until u have a carbon fiber air tank, Good loader (Pinokio rotor z2 spire) and good mask 70+ is a general price rules for masks

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Get a good mask first. Like it was already stated look at $70+. The Empire E-Flex, Sly Profit, and Dye i4, and Vforce Grillz are all excellent choices.

Dont buy a Tippmann.

#6 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yes, I have owned a Gryphon. They are basically 98 customs in an uglier package. All the internals are the same. They shoot well enough, but are very kicky. So much in fact the thin plastic "shell" will crack. Problem is, you need the shell to hold the connecting rod in place. To me, they are alright for rec play and as a backup, but not really worth the price.

Honestly, your best bet is to stick with the Outkast until after you've upgraded to a high end thermal mask, a good carbon fiber 4800 and decent loader. Then start looking for a marker upgrade.

Edited by Wolfe, 01 February 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#7 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Don't upgrade until u have a carbon fiber air tank, Good loader (Pinokio rotor z2 spire) and good mask 70+ is a general price rules for masks

Get a good mask first. Like it was already stated look at $70+. The Empire E-Flex, Sly Profit, and Dye i4, and Vforce Grillz are all excellent choices.

Dont buy a Tippmann.

He said he already owns it read the full post before replying, he was asking about a problem he was having with the gun not if he should get it
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

He said he already owns it read the full post before replying, he was asking about a problem he was having with the gun not if he should get it

And my other question was have you guys ever used or ever owned a tippmann gryphon, or maybe do you guys know much about them. Are they good guns? I know they are like a 98 custom pretty much but just a different shell. I hope you can help me out

You were saying?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#9 Phoenix01

Phoenix01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

You were saying?

Heh, funny how that works.