Photo

Best way to Clean the outside of a marker?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 snool

snool

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

What is the best way to clean the outside of a marker?
Get off any scuff marks, slight paint discoloration etc?

Just a damp microfiber cloth or does someone have a handy trick?

Thanks

#2 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

I usually use a damp mircofiber and wipe her clean. For scuff marks though... I would try rubbing a little harder and maybe an alcohol wipe?!? I don't know how that would do with the paint so I would try it in a small area first, but it is just an idea if you really want to clean it.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

The trusty microfiber has always worked for me. The best way to avoid the discoloration is to wipe the marker down the best you can at the field and completely clean the marker that night at home. And for the hard to reach shell fragments you can try to coax it out with a small paintbrush.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Micro fiber cloth and qtips for the hard to reach places but as dam baller said do what you can at the field. After you get hit try to wipe off as much as possible

#5 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I recommend having a microfiber cloth in a pocket while at the field.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#6 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I use a microfiber cloth for general cleaning of the marker and also a toothbrush works wonders for those hard to reach places. ;)

#7 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I might just have to give a soft bristle toothe brush a try.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#8 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

I just use shop towels to clean out side ruffly then Q tips to get into the little nooks. And I finish with a couple drops of oil on a shop towel and wipe down the body (it help keeps the shine and makes cleaning off the paint next time easier).
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#9 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Any wet wipes work well, then a clean paper towel at the field. When you get home and have the chance to break it down, you can use microfiber cloth, soft toothbrush, a paintbrush, q-tips and a dental brush. The little dental brush is good for cleaning out all the ports in your barrel or any other small hole like the detent. The toothbrush can be used for clean out any grooves that you can't get at with the cloth, like the threads on your barrel. The paintbrush ( this idea came from Mike Phillips ) can be used to clean out any dirt or dust of those hard to reach corners or grooves. Now this may be just me but I always clean my gun as soon as I get home from playing because I think it's a little easier to do then after the paint has dried and I never have to worry about the paint discoloring my gun.

Edited by MedevilMIke, 01 February 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#10 Mzee

Mzee

Paintball Magnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I use toothpicks to dig the paint out of cracks and crevices. I might try a toothbrush as well. I like to clean my equipment right after I get home too. I pop the lens out my mask and take lens and mask in the shower for a thorough rinse to get rid of sweat, dirt and paint. Then I sit down with a good movie and my paintball gear. I rinse the barrels with hot water and swab them with a clean swab reserved just for cleaning. I remove batteries, clean everything, and lube the bolt. That way everything is clean, lubed, and ready to go for the next time. All I need to do is put batteries back in. I never leave batteries in guns or hoppers because some guns will drain batteries even if they are off (Smart Parts) and it's a mess to clean if batteries leak.
Er du tokig? >B-D

#11 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Another tip if you have a thermal lens don't submerge it in water. The water will get between the two paines of the lens and will ruin it.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#12 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Lots of good methods on here... if you access to compressed air, you can dampen the hard to get areas and then use the air to blow out the really tight, hard to clean areas.

#13 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Rubbing alcohol on everything

#14 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Throw your marker in a bucket of bleach water over night. Lol just kidding don't do that

Edited by Fssto, 01 February 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#15 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Another tip if you have a thermal lens don't submerge it in water. The water will get between the two paines of the lens and will ruin it.

Couldn't agree more with this comment. Take the lens out and wipe it down with a microfiber and then wash the rest of the mask on its own.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#16 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I use a microfiber cloth for general cleaning of the marker and also a toothbrush works wonders for those hard to reach places. ;)

Posted Image same excact thing i do

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users