• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I am torn between these to hoppers I want one that is the best for woodsball, downfall,ease to maintain ,and very reliable

#2 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

get the spire its the easiest to take apart and feeds just as fast. it holds the most paint and is really quiet. its more money but its worth it

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

When it to rotor/z2/spire its all personal preference. I have a rotor and I absolutely love it. But I'm thinking of giving the spire a try. The cool thing about the spire is if for whatever reason you hopper goes down you can just pull out the drive train and use it as a shake and shoot. For instance say your batteries die and nobody has extras just switch your gun to semi auto pull out the spires drive train and you day is saved. Plus if you put virtue board in your gun they are gonna come out with a kit where the spire will operate wirelessly instead of of by vibration. I don't think we are too far off from our first virtue gun.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

When it to rotor/z2/spire its all personal preference. I have a rotor and I absolutely love it. But I'm thinking of giving the spire a try. The cool thing about the spire is if for whatever reason you hopper goes down you can just pull out the drive train and use it as a shake and shoot. For instance say your batteries die and nobody has extras just switch your gun to semi auto pull out the spires drive train and you day is saved. Plus if you put virtue board in your gun they are gonna come out with a kit where the spire will operate wirelessly instead of of by vibration. I don't think we are too far off from our first virtue gun.

i cam up with that idea. "spire shack and shoot" i just got one today and it feeds just as well as a rotor, its simpler to take apart and holds more paint

#5 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's a matter of what you look for in a hopper. I've used both of them and like what each have to offer. Both of them will work perfectly fine on the field.

The Rotor:
- Super simple, idiot proof design. (Less maintenance. You can take it apart in less than 30 seconds.)
- Durable as hell. (Both are very very durable but the Rotor takes a slight edge just because you don't really need to worry about a fried board.)
- Add a Speedfeed + lid attachment. This makes it the ideal choice for rainy days.
- Much more efficient on batteries.
- Customizable colors

The Z2:
- Sound-activated, more reliable feeding. (You'll notice less jams.)
- Automatic anti-jam (If it detects a jam it will un-jam itself for you.)
- Customizable settings (You can adjust the speed and sound of how it feeds.)
- Rip drive (You can manually un-jam/feed your paint in case it runs out of battery or something goes wrong. Also, the rip drive is much better at un-jamming paint than the Rotor's fin switch... If your Rotor breaks down or runs out of battery you'll have a hard time feeding it manually.)
- Easier and faster to switch lids back and forth.

Edited by crPaliza, 01 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users