Photo

Why all the desire to have the best highend?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Myself i shoot almost excusivly lower end guns, with the exception of possibly my AGD RT Custom Automag. If i so choose i could go out tomorrow and pick up a new EGO or DM13 or what have you but for me i just simply enjoy my simple plain jane shooters.

I have Markers i bring every time im out and stuff i have owned a Long time and bring out when i feel like shooting the good old guns. But for the most part i would not refrain from playing any style of paintball rules premitting with any of my markers turnoment included. My main gear bag goes to the feild with the same four makers every time:

My AGD RT Custom Mag. This is the toy the one i spend money on tinker with and enjoy. Its the one i love to bring out to spray a little paint with. Its the one i tend to use most when i decide to shoot semi for a day. I have ALWAYS had a mag with me since i bought my first mini mag back in 98 or 99. And i feel so used to shooting them i simply cant see NOT having one with me. MY RT is setup balance wise PERFECT for my preferance and is EASILY the most comfortable gun to shoot i own. AND with the SHP reg on my 77ci NINJA Dura tank it can sling paint faster than anything i have ever owned prior. I LOVE this marker.

My DP E1 cause its a non complicated tight and light speedball setup with a surprisingly good trigger, It has no fancy board to mess about with and ultra easy maintence. It cost me very little to buy and i simply dont mind beating it up on the speedball feild or the woods. It has never really failed me (needed to lube oring in On/Off once) and slings paint as fast as i could EVER need. And since i never believe in using ramping it is ALL the Electro i feel i need. It is easily the smallest marker i own and yet feels comfy to a big guy like myself. I love how easy it is to maintain and really dont see any current or past electro id rather shoot regularly.

My A5 is brought along as something i can shoot with Co2 if the need arises and the gun i pull out when i feel like sitting back a bit and long balling (it has a flatlined). It is dirt cheap to own is SIMPLE to maintain and theres just something fun shooting a old blowback with a heavy hammer. Its a gun i dont care about getting scratched or beaten it just shoots no matter what. It may not be fancy or smooth or light for that matter. But it works and is alot of fun to shoot, and god i love the FLATLINE barrel.

And Lastly the gun i use the MOST. My Tippmann SL-68II, Its simply put exactly what i want out of my guns. SIMPLE DURABLE RELIABLE COMPACT COMFY IN THE HANDS AND EASY TO MAINTAIN. There is NOTHING on this gun that does not need to be there, I LOVE it.

SO how bout you guys? Any of you just rather shoot basic low end? Or am i just an oddity and gotten hit in the head a few too many times?

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#2 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I find the high ends to be very aesthetically pleasing and that's the only reason I use them. If I didn't care what my marker looked like, I wouldn't buy high ends.

#3 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's just a d*** swinging competition of who can have the new stuff to come out with all the latest bells and whistles.

Personally I never buy new. You can spend that money on other hobbies, playing more often, and travel funds to hit up different fields.

It also adds to the great time you'll already have when you mow peoples faces down with a marker that's been around longer than you've been playing when they have the new ego,dm,vic,etc.

#4 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

It's a luxury sport.

#5 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't think I'll ever get a high end, otherwise I'll be too scared to get dirty with it. Ater I get a job and play some more, I plan on getting an axe and getting the eigenbolt, maybe deadlywinds, rotor, maybe another mask, n that's it.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

High ends are plain jane and as above I find myself babying them. Cheap shit for the win.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

I have a mix of high($1300) to low end markers. I own 10 markers and I can say that 3 of them are newer then 2000. I find more enjoyment in playing with older/quirkier markers then my high end stuff. In most cases they are loud, ugly, inconsistent, heavy and get terrible efficiency, but its way more fun. I'm not sure why.

#8 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

If I were to ever buy a high end, it would be used. I would be more than happy to take one off of someone's hands for them lol. But in this day and time i'll stick with a mid end gun and maybe eventually work myself up from there. As for what is the desire of high ends, I would say it's performance and a feeling of prestige. I stuck with my low end for years before I decided to move on up to a mid end.
\Posted Image

#9 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

It's a luxury sport.

Couldn't have said it better. If you have the money to do it and feel inclined to buy and shoot high-ends why not. My 2nd gun was a high-end and I still got it used.I like my ego because it feels good in the hands, It's nice to shoot, gets the job done and I don't feel that and G4 or Mini or anything in-between could bring me the satisfaction that arises from my ego.

Just a thought :)

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I stick with what works. I would love a new high end but there are more important things like school, Nutella and alcohol... This is the life I lead...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

I have a couple guns that can be considered high end, but I only buy guns if there's a deal I can't pass up. The most I've ever spent on a marker has been 325, and what that can get you nowadays I don't see myself ever spending more than that. For the price of one new high end, I can get 3 or 4 older ones.

#12 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

some it is that "my <word> is bigger then yours!"

paintball is dominated by males which makes it a very "Alpha Male" sport.

Some part is that people who buy new markers like the CSL really do have the income to do so and choose to own like 100+ markers.

Small portion is for performance, some kids squeeze every ounce they can out of their marker and when something might be lighter, faster or more efficient they will pay for it.

I myself have always stayed at the mid-end level. Mid-ends in my opinion are a much better "bang for your buck" either it be a older high end or a new mid level marker. I have always found the middle area markers perform so close to their newer counterparts its such a waste to spend $1300 on a Geo 3, when a Geo 2.1 for $650 will get the same result for me.

#13 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm all for having quirky or older markers that are fun to shoot. That being said, I want at least one modern electro that I can have in my gear bag that I can use for anything. If I need it, I have a gun that has the tournament modes, is simple, efficient enough, fairly quiet and smooth, and has good ergonomics. For me, that is my Vicious Geo 3. While I love my shocker, and my karni was pretty awesome, there is something to be said for having something I can trust to work with no issues. Now that I have my ccm'd pump, it'll probably get the most use out of all my markers. There is also the fact that I didn't grow up playing paintball, and I'm to young to really remember the days of autocockers and automags. They have no nostalgic value to me.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#14 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Something about shooting a mech autococker gives me a boner. :o JK.........................................................not really

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I like shooting good shooting guns. I also like shooting unique guns. Being a person who loves to show off and sap ego from others to boost my own, i like unique guns, which ks why i was one of the first standard customer to recieve the gog enmey, a gun that isnt even out much yet. Being extremely materialistic and snobby, I love high ends and the newest, most flashiest gear. Why? Because whenever I see someone with that, I fill with jealousy. Why? Because I'm a whore for the best, and the newest stuff have the newest additions and improvements. Even the DM's have a little something new in them, and if I had a DM12 and saw someone with a '13 tell me about the stuff they put into it, I would be disappointed that my gun is now inferior to theirs.
We are gun whores.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 01 February 2013 - 11:51 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I like older high end guns because they shoot just as good as modern ones, are MUCH cheaper, and few people play with them now days. I would hate going to the field and seeing 3 or 4 other people shooting the same gun as me. In some cases, I also prefer the looks of older guns. For example; I'd take a DM6 over a DM13 any day, just for the looks. I'd also take an Ego 7 over an Ego 11, once again for the looks. The most modern gun that looks really good to me is probably the Bob Long Vice. I guess I just don't like the way modern guns are being designed. I also like mech cockers because they're so fun to shoot, customizable, and realiable if you learn about them.

Edited by dannyboy768, 01 February 2013 - 11:52 PM.

DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#17 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

I took a break from owning Egos, DMs, Clones, Geos etc to pursue lower-end guns. They were fine, but I never felt the same using them. They always felt so cheap and not well enough compared to what I have shot.

Edited by Tick, 01 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#18 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

It's a luxury sport.

this. a million times this.
people always make excuses about how high end guns aren't worth it or how they are over priced or even about how people who own high ends are dumb.

Frankly, i think its a pretty shitty cop out to say things like that. If you have money, then why not spend it on gear for a sport you obviously enjoy playing. Worry about yourself, and not why the guy next to you is shooting a luxe 2.0.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#19 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Wanna know a trick guys? Buy Marqs and Gen 3 Timmys :)

Great performance, not used much and still easy to get parts for! Problem SOLVED! Posted Image

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#20 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

People always buy the newest shit. If people didnt impulsively buy the new stuff then apple wouldnt be a large company.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#21 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Back to the car analogy!

Why own a Ferrari, when a Civic will get you where need to go? Because if you have the money, why the fuck not?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#22 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

My DP E1 was great and did all that I needed. Well that was until I started to play against tournament players. I needed a PSP mode to compete plus I wanted a high end. Although I also wanted an easy way to handle my modes so I got the Rev-I mostly for the LCD screen. Now I have the urge to have a gun that talks to me. A Luxe or maybe somebody make a board I can use on my Rev-I.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#23 !bob

!bob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I simply can't spend that much money for something i will abuse so much. my azodin shoots just as fast as my buddies ego9. its feels better to hold, but not $700 better imo. i have thought about used super guns but have't made the jump yet. point being, his ego9 makes him happy. he loves that gun for whatever reason and i guess thats enough of a reason to spend the money.
Posted Image

#24 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

I not harping on the guys that like high ends was just curious to see if I the only odd ball. Given a choice to shoot a highend of any sort or my simple Tippmann I'd almost always choose my Tippmann. It's what I more comfortable shooting and enjoy more. AUTOMAGS are my favorite markers yet, they are just mechanical wonders that just WORK nothing fancy or flashy but well balanced solid reliable comfy markers that shoot wonderfully.

As for the car analogy. Even if you want to drive the Farrari would you really want to OWN one and drive it threw traffic or down a harse dirt road or in the winter every day. Nope I feel much more comfy depending on my simple Toyota Pickup for that.

And the high end marker thing for me is less about money than my preference for the simple and um complicated. A $1000 marker would really only equate to a weeks pay for me. Sizeable cost yes but easily achievable. But I still would rather shoot my plain Jane Tippmann A5, SL-68ii, DP E1, or AGD Automag. They are what I bought because they are what I like shooting.

I was not trying to start an argument just curiouse bout if others felt the same way as I. Or if I just an anomaly that's been hit in the head a few too many times.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#25 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

I buy high ends because I can afford high ends...and I can afford to play every weekend with them....so I do. I don't think there's anything special or sacred about owning a gun....it serves its purpose.

If I couldn't afford nice things, I wouldn't play. no point in having high end loader/tank and mask if you have to skimp on a gun. If you're buying mid-low ends and you have a $200 rotor and a $200 tank, why settle for less in your gun?...doesn't make sense to me.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#26 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well I own a etek 4 right now and just yesterday held and shot a dm12. Not even close to the same gun, my etek feels cheap, the grips aren't sticky, parts don't feel as well constructed, and it doesn't feel as nice in the hands. That's why I don't mind buying it.
SN

#27 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I buy mid range myself. I'm picking up a drone and an azo kaos pump here in a bit. I personally like having guns that don't destroy my wallet. Aesthetics isn't that big of a deal or I'd be buying a luxe.

#28 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Back to the car analogy!

Why own a Ferrari, when a Civic will get you where need to go? Because if you have the money, why the fuck not?

Exactly this.
Nobody needs a high-end, many simply want them.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#29 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Because they need better reliability when hiding behind their firepower. :dodgy:
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

If it works for you, then great, stick with low ends or whatnot. But I have high expectations, and I believe reliability and workyness should be a given for all markers, so I look for shot quality and other such features. Again, gun whore, and aesthetics say a lot about the player at first glance, especially to newer guys or people who aren't in the know. If you can play well, then you are amazing at the field if you look good too. A nice looking marker with a nice price tag is the envy of many people, simply because they want that. If you don't, then fine.

#31 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I use midends for the most part. I don't play enough to justify spending money on a high end. If i start playing tournaments then maybe id get a high end. Rest assured though, if I do ever get a high end it will be exactly what I want. Colors, style, trigger, board, ergos, etc. I have to be pretty dead certain It will be the only thing I ever need.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#32 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just like any toy, it's fun to want the expensive stuff

For me, some of the high end markers just have all the things I desire in a gun. For instance the Geo 3, very simple, very comfortable, very reliable design.

Or even the Axe PDD, love that thing

#33 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

my first first after Mike :P haha but back to topic i like low-mid ends, but i end up spending most of my cash on paint and air.

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Just like any toy, it's fun to want the expensive stuff

For me, some of the high end markers just have all the things I desire in a gun. For instance the Geo 3, very simple, very comfortable, very reliable design.

Or even the Axe PDD, love that thing

A tad off topic, but I want an Axe PDD in black. It would be sexy.

#35 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'm finding it hard to make a response to this thread without sounding like a major douche...

Posted Image

#36 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Cause there fun and you have the cash,there equal parts bragging rights,fit and finish,luxury packaging,customer support,and performance.Case in point

which would you wanna be in

Edited by saintnoir, 02 February 2013 - 11:19 PM.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#37 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

I was going to use my shocker today, but when it started leaking, I was able to pull out my Geo 3 and it worked perfectly.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#38 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I've had low ends and high ends, several high ends actually. For myself I'm just not satisfied with a low end, hell even some high ends I find a disappointment. I love Bob Long guns but given that most when I owned them there was no OLED available, the grips sucked (Outside of the Victory V2) and they just didn't compare to the comforts and options of PE's I was never satisfied with them. Now I have a Demon and love it, and guess what, I beat the living shit out of it on the field. My gear takes a beating because I play hard and don't hold back, high end or not means shit to me in that regard lol.

The way I see it is for the amount of time I spend playing with it, how much I rely on it, etc. it's worth the extra money. At the end of the year whether you spent $300 or $1200 is just a minor detail. Also as Mike says "I'm an adult, if I want it I buy it." money is an object, but less so when you're the one making it and the one managing it, having a Vanguard sponsorship doesn't hurt either lol.

#39 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

^bias post!

booooo!

:wub:

#40 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I can respect that you find them more comfy. But personally I find my AGD RT Custom, Tippmann Pro/Carbine and Tippmann SL-68II, to be the three most comfortable markers I have ever held or shot.

And like I keep saying MONEY HAS NO BEARING on what I like to shoot (I'm near 30 and have a full time decently well paying career that i been very successful at). For me paintball is something I do as a hobby it is FUN and I simply find shooting some of the low to midrange stuff more fun.

I have shot and held most high ends. I still like my mid low end stuff and would not trade. It's all I ever needed or wanted.

I also find it funny how Tippmanns get a bad wrap here but no other company has brought more players to this sport than Tippmann. They are reliable and simple and relatively inexpensive. And for many they are all anyone ever needs.

Edited by TinyBear, 03 February 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#41 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

I can respect that you find them more comfy. But personally I find my AGD RT Custom, Tippmann Pro/Carbine and Tippmann SL-68II, to be the three most comfortable markers I have ever held or shot.

And like I keep saying MONEY HAS NO BEARING on what I like to shoot (I'm near 30 and have a full time decently well paying career that i been very successful at). For me paintball is something I do as a hobby it is FUN and I simply find shooting some of the low to midrange stuff more fun.

I have shot and held most high ends. I still like my mid low end stuff and would not trade. It's all I ever needed or wanted.

I also find it funny how Tippmanns get a bad wrap here but no other company has brought more players to this sport than Tippmann. They are reliable and simple and relatively inexpensive. And for many they are all anyone ever needs.

if you're a 30 year old man, i dont understand why you posted this thread. I can see this thread coming from a 13 year old kid wondering why people spend so much on high ends because to him, they're so out of the realm of possibility for him to buy. When i started out when i was 15 i thought something similar. fast forward 9 years and i've owned upwards of 50 high ends.

How, in your 30 years of life, have you not found people who are willing to throw money into a hobby simply because they can and wanted to?
your opinion is that "lower-end" markers feel and shoot better, thats great. Other people's opinions differ from yours. Whats the issue here?

If the general consensus is that high ends shoot better, feel better, and have more fit and finish, why keep replying and saying "well in my opinion..."

#42 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

How is his opinion any less valid than the opinions of somebody else?
He has every right to make this thread and reply on it.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#43 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

How is his opinion any less valid than the opinions of somebody else?
He has every right to make this thread and reply on it.

im not saying it isn't valid.
i just dont understand the point of asking someone a question, getting an answer, and then defending his personal point of view when no one was questioning it...

"Dogs or cats?"
"i like dogs."
"well i like cats better because of this and this and this and this."
"...ok"

#44 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

The point was to see if there were other like minded people out there. I have mentioned many times that I have no issue with those interested in higher ends was curious to see if others simply preferred the lower end stuff like I do and was curious what it was with high ends that many prefer. Sorry that my responses bother you.

#45 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

The point was to see if there were other like minded people out there. I have mentioned many times that I have no issue with those interested in higher ends was curious to see if others simply preferred the lower end stuff like I do and was curious what it was with high ends that many prefer. Sorry that my responses bother you.

interestingly enough, i see that now. Pretty much every reply says why people shoot high-ends and barely any respond to your actual question(including my own earlier replies). Somehow, I confused myself into thinking that you had asked why people prefer high ends over electros.
thats my mistake, but in my defense, the topic of the thread is "why all the desire to have the best high-end?" after all.

Edited by Pakistani, 03 February 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#46 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I have an appreciation for mags. had a Tac one for years.
however there is just simply a "finer" approach to the higher end markers. there is a massive step up in terms of quality and machining when you go from a 200$ to a 500$ and then to a 1000$ marker (after that the steps become much smaller)

I have no issue with someone walking onto a field with a tippmann and another guy beside him with a "X" or "Y" high end. paintball is a hobby, a sport, a activity. and what you spend on it is a reflection of how much its worth to you.

for someone playing 2 times a month, a 100$ marker is just as good as a 200$ marker. likewise the guy playing 6 times a month will find a higher quality marker suits his level of play.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#47 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Its not that we dont like the company. The guns are just shitty. We're here to point that out. Because I figured out on my own that Tippmanns are shitty, and am now disappointed. But, on topic, I like shooting interesting guns, and guns I can show off. If its a low end, so be it. A high end? So be it. Hell my enmey is interestinga yet cheap, and I love this thing to death.

#48 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

In regards to Tippmann the reason they get the people coming in is for a few reasons.

-They're relatively idiot proof.
-Shops push them because they make good money off of Tippmann "Upgrades", though very little off the guns themselves.
-Most people coming into paintball want to play G.I. Joe
-New players aren't educated on things like a gun's performance, efficiency, "accuracy", etc. and they fall into a vicious cycle of unnecessary snake oil upgrades.
-Very little of a learning curve, they're intimidated by electros.

It's like Spyder, they brag that so many people start with a Spyder, but who ever goes back?

#49 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

See Orange Chicken thats what i find annoying. The markers are not "Shitty". They are desinged to be Durable Reliable Simple markers and at that they are one of the best. They were never designed to compete with the latest and greatest and so in many aspects yes many other guns are better BUT NO marker or company has beat Tippmann in the Rental and Begginer or just plain simple Reliable markers that many love.

I have owned my personal Tippmann Pro/Carbine for over 14 years. I have used it for MANY years for everything in this sport. I have fed more paint threw it than i can even hazard a guess at. I lent it to friends, i have fallen and taken earth core samples with it, i have tossed it around and despite it all. It still Looks and Shoots GREAT. In 14 years all its needed has been ONE oring replaced (air adapter going to the valve leaked). Only other gun i know thats been that RELIABLE is AGDs Automags and those cost easily twice as much back in the day, i Know i bought one new a year after my Carbine.

About the only "shitty" thing about tippmanns in my opinion is there Resale and thats purely due to the market is FLOODED with them as well they are sold in very large numbers and just dont dissapear they just LAST.

Also think about all the INNOVATIONS Tippmanns brought to this sport.

#50 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

The GoG enmey is the same price, and does better than the tippmanns in everything. If you're looking for a marker in a certain price range, youd want the best one in that price range, not the worst. The innovations, cool? I guess. Not entirely relavent or important in this time. Flatline barrel? Now outdated due to the Apex tip. Cyclone feed? Was cool, until people started to realize it sucks and is incovenient. Propane powered c3? That was interesting at most; how many propane powered markers do you see today? Reliability, well, at this point all guns are pretty damn reliable. I have yet to see a mechanical spyder thats 2010+ thats broken down by itself, without user error. Tippmanns are OKAY for maybe that college student who plays 2 times a year. But for most people looking/asking for a marker, they want to play a lot. Tippmanns do not fit that bill. In comparison to other markers, especially post 2005, are shitty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users