Photo

Why all the desire to have the best highend?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Damn Orange Chicken, are you ignorant or what?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#52 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

The GoG enmey is the same price, and does better than the tippmanns in everything. If you're looking for a marker in a certain price range, youd want the best one in that price range, not the worst. The innovations, cool? I guess. Not entirely relavent or important in this time. Flatline barrel? Now outdated due to the Apex tip. Cyclone feed? Was cool, until people started to realize it sucks and is incovenient. Propane powered c3? That was interesting at most; how many propane powered markers do you see today? Reliability, well, at this point all guns are pretty damn reliable. I have yet to see a mechanical spyder thats 2010+ thats broken down by itself, without user error. Tippmanns are OKAY for maybe that college student who plays 2 times a year. But for most people looking/asking for a marker, they want to play a lot. Tippmanns do not fit that bill. In comparison to other markers, especially post 2005, are shitty.

Tippmanns? Shitty? No. Just no.

#53 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

The GoG enmey is the same price, and does better than the tippmanns in everything. If you're looking for a marker in a certain price range, youd want the best one in that price range, not the worst. The innovations, cool? I guess. Not entirely relavent or important in this time. Flatline barrel? Now outdated due to the Apex tip. Cyclone feed? Was cool, until people started to realize it sucks and is incovenient. Propane powered c3? That was interesting at most; how many propane powered markers do you see today? Reliability, well, at this point all guns are pretty damn reliable. I have yet to see a mechanical spyder thats 2010+ thats broken down by itself, without user error. Tippmanns are OKAY for maybe that college student who plays 2 times a year. But for most people looking/asking for a marker, they want to play a lot. Tippmanns do not fit that bill. In comparison to other markers, especially post 2005, are shitty.

Tippmann fit the bill for WOLF until he got sponsored by Dye. Now tell me he plays only 1 to 2 times a year.
Moo.

#54 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Well with wolf, I found him funny, using a rental marker, especially with all his experience.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 03 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#55 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Cause there fun and you have the cash,there equal parts bragging rights,fit and finish,luxury packaging,customer support,and performance.Case in point
http://youtu.be/vExpEl0_5-Y
which would you wanna be in

smart won because of a few reasons, 1) it's electric so it has 100% torque at it's launch, B) power to weight ratio 3) The fucktard in the Ferrari didn't launch properly.

besides the desire to have obsolete guns I.E. autocockers and mags is no different than wanting to have high ends.

it's peoples preference that makes them want one more then the other...Have something that shoots fast, smooth, and quiet OR have something that can't shoot as fast, is loud as fuck and vibrates like a motherfucker....it's your call.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#56 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Well with wolf, I found him funny, using a rental marker, especially with all his experience.

So, because he is experienced, he can't use a Tippmann?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#57 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

No, just a tad silly that he does.

#58 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

How bout the fact Tippmann was the First full auto marker back when every one else was Pump. Or how instrumental they were in developing reliable semi autos way back when. Or the fact that the Factory F/A really offered the FIRST forced feed bulk hopper.

As for the flat line being rendered obsolete by the apex you obviously not shot both. I have two Apex barrels one for my Tippmann a5 and one for my cocker threaded guns. I also have a flatline on my a5. The apex is effective but to get the flat long shot trajectory you are needed to aim the gun up as the ramp deflects the ball down. Were as with a flatline barrel the ball exits the barrel in a flat trajectory so it's a simple point and shoot no need to raise your aim. It's a huge advantage in low ceiling environments and is far more user friendly then the Apex and it's some what steep learning curve.

Also. The GOG eNMEy may be a good marker for some. But unlike a Tippmann it's not Overbuilt for durability and it's not as friendly maintenance wise. Many have all ready reported issues with the eNMEy when over lubber or issues with loose or leaking fitting/hoses at the three way valve. I have one at my disposal as my sister owns one as her speedball setup. But she also has a Tippmann A5 RT with a Flatline she loves.

And lastly. I been playing paintball since 1998. I have played bi weekly for many years and lately (before I got hit by an old lady in a Nissan) play at least once a month. In all that time I have ALWAYS had a Tippmann in my gear bag. Presently A Tippmann is my primary gun a SL-68II. So tell my again how they only good for once or twice a year?

Or how bout the millions of rental TIPPMANN 98s that are used daily. Yup once or twice a year guns for sure.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#59 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Not to say rental Tippmanns are bad, but the ones at my field are always going down, and constantly have issues. It wouldn't be such a huge deal, if they were easier to get at internally. My god have you ever taken apart a 98? That shit takes forever, and springs fling out of the marker itself! That is not to say that the Flip Tops that we are getting won't be any better.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#60 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, they dont realize they could of bought guns for that same price but are better, and have not done proper research. For the enmey, maintainence is far easier than any tippmann ive seen. All you do is pull the bolt out the back and lube it up every few cases. Done and done. For the problems, a proper owner shouldnt have those. Tippmanns were good, but now I feel they are obsolete. It doesnt mean you cant love it. Just that you cant deny the fact that at this point, they are shitty guns in comparison to the others on the market. Nostalgia does a ton to people's opinions doesnt it? I respect that you like your guns. Hell, I like my 98 and love my JT Tac-5m recon, but I accept that they are crap.

#61 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Yeah but I pretty sure not many other guns would ever work with as much abuse as a rental has after 15 years remember the model 98 you still see at fields was introduced in get this 1998. Also a field owner is going to run a gun till it's well worn to maximize his investment.

That being said yes I have owned a 98c and taken them apart many many times. They can be a PITA at first but once ya get the hang of it they not so bad.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#62 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

You are aware you're comparing a 15 year-old design to a much newer one, right?
Of course the older Tippmanns are inferior to a lot of the newer markers now. 15 years of technology will make most things outdated.
But until Tippmanns are somehow unable to shoot people out, they're not "shitty". I can't just walk onto a field full of people with Tippmanns and say "Well I can just walk through this game because Tippmanns can't do anything against me".
If it shoots paint well enough to get people out, it's not shitty. Hell, a decently maintained 98 custom can and will outperform 90% of pump guns on the field. By your logic, pumps are shitty and obsolete.

It's been harped a million times over: The gun itself actually plays only a small role in an individual's ability and skill on the field.

Edited by Antonious, 04 February 2013 - 12:16 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#63 cali penguin

cali penguin

Sophomore baller (EHS)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Why do people buy Dre Beats when most other cheaper headphone sound perfectly fine?

yeah.....Posted Image
If you've never been on PBN and NEVER will, put this on your sig! TECHPB 4 LIFE.
Posted Image
GOTTA have balls to rock a pinokio! It doesn't hurt to have a barrel too.
Empire Axe Owner

#64 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Um just NO.

Tippmanns are built well to be long lasting paintball guns that are simple in design and simply work. And for that they are great.

Are the the smoothest and lightest with the latest in tech Hell no, but the does not make them "shitty".

Saying that's like saying since a Farrari is faster lighter handles better and is much more advanced then say a Honda Civic. Then Hondas are shitty. It's a nieave statement they are not designed for the same market. It's apples and oranges.

#65 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

But it is for the same market. There are guns, in the same price range, as any Tippmann, that out preforms said Tippmann.

#66 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Not in the performance category Tippmanns are designed for. Not many markers are gona run for 15 years. Tippmanns will and have.

And quick question I bought my SL-68II for $90 brand new. What pump beats that at that price exactly new. It's got auto trigger a clamping feed neck and gas threw grip air. Oh and is solid aluminum.

My Carbine was $200 back in 98 or 99. Only guns back then comparably priced were spyders and there clones. Also blow backs and not many survived as long as the Tippmanns.

And the A5. It's what $190. What better gun pluse force feed hopper can you get for that price.

Let's just say myself and obviously many others strongly dissagre with you Chicken.

Edited by TinyBear, 04 February 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#67 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Ok, not hard. Back then, yes, as I have said, they are good. For the SL-68II, thats, by context, is the best in its price range for the simple reason that it is the only thing in its price range. But its not all that great to begin with. The A5? A GoG enmey plus a halo. Hell even an Azodin kaos plus a halo is much much better than that.

#68 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

You still aren't understanding, are you?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#69 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

Your ignorance is unsurpassed young sir bravo.

The enmey pluse a halo would cost slightly more than an A5 and be more finicky and undoubtably not last as long. Also now need to factor in the cost of Four AA batteries every few months. As for the Azodin um it's a blow back as well it has no performance advantage over a Tippmann and again is unlikely to last as long.

And the SL-68II Is a great little pump. Even above it's price. Its sturdy, Comy, has a good smooth(for a Nelson) Short pump stroke, clamping feedneck, macroless gas threw grip, auto trigger, stupid easy maintenance, and much easier velocity adjustment compared to most nelsons. All in a very affordable package. The two pumps close in price are the TRRACER AND KAOS PUMP. The tracer has bolt wear issues and the KP does no offer auto trigger.

Let's just end this shall we. YOU obviously have distaste for TIPPMANN that's fine ya don't have to like them but to say they are all "shitty" is wrong ignorant and just disrespect full of one pioneer to this sport. They make a quality product that out lasts most at reasonable prices and back them good customer service and a WORLD WIDE support network.

Have a good day and let's agree to disagree shall we.

#70 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

If you're looking for a marker in a certain price range, youd want the best one in that price range, not the worst.

Are you calling my S6 shitty because I didn't get the DM, Ego, Alien, Axe, and whatever the hell was at that price at the time?
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#71 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Fine we'll agree to disagree, for the sake of respect. I won't change my opinion, and you won't change your's. The only downside to this discussion is that now everyone here thinks I am a Tippmann hater.

#72 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Fine we'll agree to disagree, for the sake of respect. I won't change my opinion, and you won't change your's. The only downside to this discussion is that now everyone here thinks I am a Tippmann hater.

^^^^^^^ Tippmann Hater ^^^^^^^^

lol

#73 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image

The TL;DR of this entire thread...

Edited by REDCOBRA, 04 February 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Posted Image

#74 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I haven't read most beyond my first post in here.

Do I own a High end? Yes. I just bought a G6R(used, new is a waste of time)

For me, last year in 2012 was one of the worst years of my life, and everything I did just seemed not enough for expectations. So when I finally got a break in my life I decided that ALL my hard work these past few years was not going to be for nothing. So I decided to completely spoil myself and bought a High-end. For me every time I look at my G6R I remember how much sweat and small amount of tears I poured into to getting that marker.

My G6R is just physical proof that working your ass of for years can pay off. Would of a mid-end been good enough? Yeah but It would of felt like a mediocre victory for myself mostly just saying "You did good kid, have a present, though it's not what you wanted" So since I had the money I bought it and man does it feel like a win for me.

TL;DR. Working your ass off pays off in the end since you feel like you actually earned that item.

#75 Snake Doctor78

Snake Doctor78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have shot tippmans and low ends electros for years. I broke down and bought a GEO 2.0 last year. While I still like my mag fed marker and SP-1 and am realy liking the way it feels and shoots.

#76 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

I shoot mid-high ends because I play speedball. Going onto the speedball field with a gun that doesn't keep up, whether board restrictions, awful trigger, too much kick, not fast enough, breaks paint, etc. is almost impossible to play with.

Sure you can play speedball with a tippman, but a person with any sort of mid-high end gun will have a huge advantage on you just from speed alone.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#77 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Because I prefer shot quality and sound above all. Next would be looks, then ergonomics. Thus I shoot a shocker, smooth as hell, quiet, sexy and with dye stickies ergos are fine.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users