• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I am offered a ego 11. What do people generally think of them? They are very common at my field. I see teams with more than 50% of their players shooting them. Are they frowned upon? I know that ego 11s are praised for their efficiency but have a horrible shot and are very rough on paint. Also, do people frown on you if you are a guy and have a gun that is girl colored? In my case the ego 11 is purple and silver.

#2 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Pretty sick color combo in my opinion.

#3 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Purple isn't a girl color.... Honestly though, I'd take a G6r over an ego anyday. The Ego 11 has nothing better than the G6r except packaging and customer service. The product itself is far superior in my opinion. It really depends on what you are looking for in a marker.

#4 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I love my Ego11. Mine is actually decently smooth. I set the solenoid to smooth shot, and I only shoot 10.5 or 12.5. However, I seem to notice my Ego11 chops paint in cold weather, and chops most entry paint. I need to test it out with Premium.
Posted Image

#5 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I've had quite a few guns in my day and a perfectly tuned ego11 shoots pretty dawn smooth and you don't need a pressure tester to get them that way. Right now I've got an ETHA and a dam and I'm about ready to get and ego11. And jarz you shouldn't be chipping paint. I played with my old ego in like 30 degrees and had no problem. It might be the paint. Also try either the cure4 bolt or the dart kit.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#6 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

The Ego 11 is a great gun. I've shot some really smooth Ego 11's and rarely see them break paint. People love Ego's and I am one of these people.
Also purple and silver is a good color combo, purple is a manly color.

#7 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Tell anyone with a mopar that purple is a girl's color. But before you do that can buy a life insurance policy for you.lol
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#8 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Purple isn't a girl color....

purple actually isn't even a color. True story, look it up.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#9 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

I am offered a ego 11. What do people generally think of them? They are very common at my field. I see teams with more than 50% of their players shooting them. Are they frowned upon? I know that ego 11s are praised for their efficiency but have a horrible shot and are very rough on paint. Also, do people frown on you if you are a guy and have a gun that is girl colored? In my case the ego 11 is purple and silver.

This is untrue. ego 11s rarely break paint, and have a very nice shot for a poppit gun. Don't let peoples blind hatred for a company make you think the gun sucks. If it was a bad gun then people wouldnt use it.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#10 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Egos are fine guns and in haze they are sexy. If I was getting a high end id deff consider it

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

purple isn't a color? damn, my whole life of saying my favorite color has been a lie
New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#12 Karnokr

Karnokr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

<<<< Mindblown!

Hand of Fate Scenario Paintball Team

http://www.facebook....s/HOFpaintball/

#13 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

How can you say the ego has a terrible shot and breaks paint. It's not the gun breaking paint, it's the player using 3 week old stale walmart paint..
Ego's are awesome, if you have a chance to pick one up do it. You won't be dissapointed..

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#14 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

the 11's are actually pretty nice shooting guns

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#15 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

How can you say the ego has a terrible shot and breaks paint. It's not the gun breaking paint, it's the player using 3 week old stale walmart paint..
Ego's are awesome, if you have a chance to pick one up do it. You won't be dissapointed..

That's what you call ballin on a budget lol

#16 Moraken

Moraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

sold my g6r to get an ego11 and havent looked back

Highly recommend it

#17 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Good move moraken. I've been really thinking about selling my DAM to get another ego11.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Highly recommend it

I've always interested in this comparison, and I'm just curious, what do you like more about the Ego?

#19 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Id take a vic over all mentioned... Just sayin

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#20 Moraken

Moraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Highly recommend it

I've always interested in this comparison, and I'm just curious, what do you like more about the Ego?

Well my mindset was whatever I had was going to be my main marker for a regional tournament series.

1. I had previous experience with the ego and was much more comfortable stripping it down quickly than with the extremely oddl placement of bolts to get the g6r apart... (one in the rammer housing made me particularly nervous)

2. I also did not care for having to pressure test it regularly to keep it shooting ideally

3. Finally I much prefer the trigger on the eclipse guns, much more adjustable to my tastes.

in addition the extra bonuses like a screen are nice if/when I decide to play recball at our home field as they have a great policy that forbids ramping at anything that isnt a dedicated team practice, screen allows for a much quicker switch.

I think that about sums it up, I liked the g6r alot,it shoots really well but I felt the ego11 shot pretty much about the same and had a few added perks to it.

Id take a vic over all mentioned... Just sayin

they do shoot great :rolleyes:

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Im no fan of the ego, but they're decent shooters, and have the capability to look very flashy. You wont look down upon either, especially of how common they are in your area. For me, personally, I don't like the ego for the sole purpose that its loud. But if you dont mind it, then good on you for finding a good deal.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#22 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

From what I'm seeing the dart kit is doing a damn good job of quieting them down and giving them almost bob long like efficiency.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

From what I'm seeing the dart kit is doing a damn good job of quieting them down and giving them almost bob long like efficiency.

For $95 extra, and then there's the LP poppet for the G6R...

With markers in this price range it really is just preference, but I have yet to have anyone's Ego 11 w/wo a DART shoot close to as smooth as a well tuned G6R. The Ego you can just pick up and go no matter what though which shouldnt be overlooked.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 04 February 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#24 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

BurningPlaydoh those are all valid points and since I never shot a g6r I can't speculate on the whole shot smoothness thing and the only thing that matters to me with shot quality is how it is on paint. I don't want a gun that's gonna chop paint left and right. IMO if you tune an ego11 perfectly is shoots pretty damn smooth. And before any body says it about any eclipse shot signature doesn't bother me either.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

BurningPlaydoh those are all valid points and since I never shot a g6r I can't speculate on the whole shot smoothness thing and the only thing that matters to me with shot quality is how it is on paint. I don't want a gun that's gonna chop paint left and right. IMO if you tune an ego11 perfectly is shoots pretty damn smooth. And before any body says it about any eclipse shot signature doesn't bother me either.

Totally agree, I never really notice my markers kick when I'm playing either. TBH I get barrel breaks WAY more frequently than chops (I've only ever had like two actual chops and with really brittle paint) but both the G6R and Ego have upgrades that make the bolt softer on paint, but nobody has really been that happy with the Premium bolt from what I've heard while the DART kit is very good and the same price too.

Just like anything its how much cash you're willing to spend haha. You really can't go wrong with any high or even mid end marker these days.

#26 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

No you can't but my DAM has had horrid problems with chipping paint. And I too can understand barrel breaks. There gonna happen. And in my experience they happen more when you overbore you your paint. Which brings me to the only reason I looked past the g6r. The one piece barrel. I'm a big fan of borring paint. And at that price point I don't mind added backs/inserts and tips to a barrel kit but I don't want to have to replace the kit that was intended to go on the gun.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#27 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

No you can't but my DAM has had horrid problems with chipping paint. And I too can understand barrel breaks. There gonna happen. And in my experience they happen more when you overbore you your paint. Which brings me to the only reason I looked past the g6r. The one piece barrel. I'm a big fan of borring paint. And at that price point I don't mind added backs/inserts and tips to a barrel kit but I don't want to have to replace the kit that was intended to go on the gun.

Could it be the magazines breaking brittle paint? I know the two people that have T 8.1s and they sometimes have issues feeding paint properly.

I think if Bob Long were to start including a pressure tester, Dow 55, a two piece barrel, color manual, etc. even with a higher price point many more people would be interested in purchasing those markers. To be fair the premium package BLAST recently came out with is a great value but it still doesnt include what are considered standard for almost every mid and high end marker (even many entry level markers as well now too).

#28 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

That for dye figure out now. But when I was using a hopper I had the same problem. I think its that they move the eyes to the center of the breach to work with duel feed. If they had a 4 eye system like bob longs I believe that's who made that system. Maybe then it would work. I don't think the ball is fully in the chamber before it fires. And yes if bob long included all those things in a nicely done up metal hard case at around$1300 on a OLED g6r I would give it some strong consideration. I'm trying to broaden my horizons in paintball. I know eclipse will always work for me. The jury is still out on dye. And I'm thinking about picking up an axe to see what all the fuss is about. I probably won't keep the axe for long but I at least wanna try it.

What's included in the premium package?
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#29 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

That for dye figure out now. But when I was using a hopper I had the same problem. I think its that they move the eyes to the center of the breach to work with duel feed. If they had a 4 eye system like bob longs I believe that's who made that system. Maybe then it would work. I don't think the ball is fully in the chamber before it fires. And yes if bob long included all those things in a nicely done up metal hard case at around$1300 on a OLED g6r I would give it some strong consideration. I'm trying to broaden my horizons in paintball. I know eclipse will always work for me. The jury is still out on dye. And I'm thinking about picking up an axe to see what all the fuss is about. I probably won't keep the axe for long but I at least wanna try it.

What's included in the premium package?

LP Poppet, new trigger, matching barrel kit, new pillow bolt and custom anno.

That sounds like a likely reason for the chops in the DAM, its a new system that. Hasnt had the bugs worked out.

#30 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I know it is new. That's why I'm having patience why dye. And they're costomer service has been really good.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#31 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Tell anyone with a mopar that purple is a girl's color. But before you do that can buy a life insurance policy for you.lol

This, this, this, this times a million.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users