9 replies to this topic

#1 Justin T

Justin T

Citrus Connection Member :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ok Well I've have had my Bob Long MVP for a good amount of time now. Sofigured it's about time I do a review of it. So just to start this off, I use aLow Pressure 68/45, and a prophecy V2 loader, and whatever barrel is closest to the bore of the paint I'm shooting.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

First impressions were pretty nice I would have to say. When I first picked itup I noticed how light it is. The pump stroke was really nice, and when you pump the marker it returns very quickly no matter if the gun was upside down or whatever. Auto trigger was pretty nice as well, timed EXTREMELY WELL (accept forwhen you pump it, it cocks when the bolt is only 1/2-3/4 of the way back but Bob Long has sent me the part to fix that will update when I get the part). I got mine used (but in amazing condition) so it didn't have the stock barrel, but did have an East Coast Paintball Handle as well as the stock handle, and the 2 Extra Springs. The stock pump handle is actually pretty nice; some people say it feels kind of small or weird. It's different; I prefer using the East Coast Paintball Pump Handle.

FIRST TIME SHOOTING IT:

I used a LP 68/45 and a .685 2013 Vanguard Demon barrel, paint was boring under.685 I'd say around 681or 679. Chrono results were extremely consistent +/- 3.It does have a kind of Farting noise, but doesn't effect performance at all so who cares right? lol. Pump stroke was so nice, better than the CCM T2 I had in my honest opinion. Even with it cocking to early with or without AT you don't notice as long as you pump it all the way back. No kick at all to it, which some what did and didn't surprise me. One thing is if you don't hold the pumphandle when you shoot your velocity does suffer a good amount, but you should be holding on to it pretty much at all times anyways since there is no external reg lol.

Day 1 of Play:

I Used a LP 68/45 and a .685 2013 Vanguard Demon barrel, Prophecy V2 hopper,and Empire Heat (approx. 681 bore). Chrono Results were pretty consistent event hough I didn't bore match or anything +/- 5. Now I did completely clean lube and service the MVP earlier that morning so everything was good there. After a Few games I noticed that I was going through a lot more paint then I usually dowith a pump I usually only go through like half a hopper at max, but with the MVP I was shooting at least 1 hopper per game (playing against speedballplayers). The AT really is nice and fast, never had balls chop or break. Another thing I noticed is that I didn't have any barrel roles, even if you use a 689 barrel on 681 bore size paint (yes I did try that for last 2 games). One thing I did notice is I was not getting the anywhere close to 1400 shots of a 68/45, now that may be because I was mainly using the auto trigger, and/or because I don't have the oring in the breach(which is optional). Lastly I didn't even miss having a Reg to hold on to.

Servicing:

Servicing the MVP is extremely easy. Really all you have to do is take out the two grip screws holding the grip frame to the body, and then take the pump arm off. After you do that you just pull the engine out and that's pretty much it. You should never really need to service the sear for the most part. The pump arm rides on 12 ball bearings (if I remember correctly) and you don't really need to clean them unless you really want to. Reassembling the MVP is also very easy, just need to make sure that the rods on the pump arm light up with the bolt and hammer. One thing that is pretty cool is the detent system; it's just a spring that gets pushed down, so really you don't need to service that. If you ever have to switch the springs out to increase or decrease your velocity it's also very easy all you have to do is unscrew the back cap pull the spring out and put the other spring in(lighter or harder spring). For Lube I used Dow 55 on the orings, and Planet Eclipse Oil on the pump arm, bolt,bolt guide, springs, hammer.

For Adjusting the velocity; it is done through the back of the grip frame sinc ethe regulator is in the grip frame. If you are finding you velocity to high no matter how much you try and adjust it though the reg change the spring out for the lighter spring, and do the reverse if your velocity is to low.

Conclusion:

All in all I have to say that Bob Long did an amazing job, creating the MVP.For some the lack of an external reg is a deal breaker but in my opinion you don'teven notice it's not there. Pro's to it are smooth, light pump stroke, very fast Auto trigger, Pretty Efficient ones the reg is broken in, very easy and fast to service. Con's no IVG, for me at least it cocks to early but doesn't really effect performance plus bob long is sending me the part to fix it free,you have to hold the pump handle when you shoot it or you lose FPS.

This is the first time that I have done a review like this on a marker, so please let me know what you guys think, and what you like and dislike about the review. And of course anything you think I should add.

Edited by Justin T, 02 February 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#2 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Added some more info about what lube and oil i used and on what parts. Going to work on getting pictures up tomorrow of the markr and the internals. Thinking about Doing a video Review of it, including shooting video, and servicing it. Would anybody be interested in me doing that?

#3 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

idk for me the deal breaker is the sound signature, it's loud as hell and sounds like a horribly tuned sniper, atleast the ones i have heard.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#4 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

idk for me the deal breaker is the sound signature, it's loud as hell and sounds like a horribly tuned sniper, atleast the ones i have heard.

Mine is actually pretty quiet, One thing ive been told but havent tested yet(will test tmrw) is that if you use the hardest spring and adjust your velocity through the reg it changes the sound signature. The other thing is if they came out with an IVG style back cap I think that would change the sound signature and allow for more fine tuning and sweet spoting aswell

#5 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

if they fixed the farting sound and made it more like a properly tuned sniper maybe, then i would definitely be interested in picking one up.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#6 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

if they fixed the farting sound and made it more like a properly tuned sniper maybe, then i would definitely be interested in picking one up.

I'll be trying some things with it tomorrow to see if i can get the sound signature to change atall(Assuming I'm not to distracted by the Super Bowl ;) ) I'll also be making a review video in the next week or so. Which will have a review,shooting video, full teching video(reg excluded)

#7 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

if that's the case... why not get a really nice, fine tuned sniper? or CCM gun

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#8 Fytox

Fytox

HERP DERP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

He did state the fact that he was using a LP tank, however i do not believe he stressed the need to. When i owned one i ran my ninja at stock output (600??) and blew many a o-ring from the high pressure.

#9 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

He did state the fact that he was using a LP tank, however i do not believe he stressed the need to. When i owned one i ran my ninja at stock output (600??) and blew many a o-ring from the high pressure.

I use a low pressure tank, havent tried a mid-high pressure tank because idk if its safe on the marker or not

#10 Fytox

Fytox

HERP DERP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

It's not really "dangerous" so to speak. You will just blow o-rings quite frequently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users