• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'm not new to paintball but I am new to the move competitive side of paintball and I do not now what the best brands are for protective gear. I'm looking into getting knee and elbow pads but I was wondering if competitive players such as the pros use the chest protectors. I'd also like some tips for getting into competitive paintball or things I might need to get that a normal player would not think of.

Thanks in advance! :D

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I like the planet eclipse arm and knee pads. I never use bounce vest, and I don't know anyone who does (have lots of friends in higher divisions) but if you want one, get one lol.

#3 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

those were the brand i was looking at thx! And no i never wanted one but if good players use it then i might is well :P

#4 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

What kind of tips were you looking for?

#5 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm looking for any thing really :P. I've been trying to practice my snapshot and I have no clue how to exactly dive with a paintball gun in hand without hurting myself lol

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Snapshooting basics

sliding basics

#7 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

your awesome! ty so much! :D

#8 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

It'd be hard to go wrong with pads. Just get a name brand like PE, Dye, Empire etc. Personally I have PE armpads, dont like them very much though. My arms are pretty long compared to their with and so the pads are a little short. Been itching to try some Dye ones.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#9 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Knee and elbow pads should suffice no one wears chest pads they just get in the way plus jerseys are padded normally? PE, HK, Empire and Sly all have decent pads HK actually just announced their knee pads not to long ago and they are a must or you knees will be ground beef... Work on the basics sliding, snapping, loading and knowing your marker if you dont already. Also watching and playing with players better then you will really boost your game help you learn (hopefully) proper techniques and form.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#10 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

those were the brand i was looking at thx! And no i never wanted one but if good players use it then i might is well :P

I would go with a bounce vest. They could keep you in a game longer, so whatever helps to keep you in the game would be more than worth wild to buy.
\Posted Image

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well for tournaments, get elbow and knee pads. Empire makes very good ones, so does Eclipse. Chest protectors are banned in PSP and NPPL for males, since at that point they are for strictly bounces and the like. For padding on jerseys, the max is like 2mm or something like that. Get knee pads first though, and then elbow pads. Today the skin on my knees got ripped apart because I accidentally left my Empire grind kneepads at home, yet my arms were perfectly fine when I supermanned into bunkers.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Buy Knee pads before arm pads! Chest protectors are banned

Lulzjustacat.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users