17 replies to this topic

#1 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'm planning on getting a new high end marker soon and have came to these 2 choices. I've had an ego11 in the past and loved it. I just don't know if I wanna go with something I love and know or try something new and broaden my paintball experience with the axe pro.

Edited by D.A.M.Baller321, 02 February 2013 - 09:49 PM.

My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

The Axe is great, but the price of the Axe pro is not worth it. You pay so much extra for an OLED board, and a freak kit. Just my opinion though....

#3 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

The Axe is great, but the price of the Axe pro is not worth it. You pay so much extra for an OLED board, and a freak kit. Just my opinion though....

id agree with that.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#4 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I also believe the axe pro has an upgrades bolt and the one I'm thinking about has different milling and a little bit of lasering done to it.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#5 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

This. Plus the ego 11 price just dropped. It's $994.95 now. Compared to the axe pro's $794.95 I would go ego 11.
\Posted Image

#6 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

I noticed that last night. It had me almost wondering if a new ego was coming out to the point I went to my pro local pro shop today. As it turns out no new ego for the foreseeable future. The price drop is due to the market being saturated with them.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#7 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

im betting that axe resale drops once the new empire marker comes out.
with no ego 12 in sight, then the ego would be the better bet.

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Empire is coming out with a new marker??? Is this one actually gonna have a good barrel on it? I hate 1 piece barrels. I actually chose the etek3 over the axe for that reason alone.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Why does the barrel matter?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Why does the barrel matter?

the length certainly does from a comfort/playability perspective. also, i like my barrels to be aesthetically pleasing.

#11 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Because I like to bore size my paint. With a 1 piece barrel system to change the bore size of the barrel you need to replace the whole barrel system. With a 2 piece barrel system all you do is change the bore size.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yea but like you'd buy a different gun just because you don't like the look of one replaceable part.

You can't change the bores on the Etek 3 anyway because PE stopped making Shaft 3 backs years ago.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 03 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#13 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Also what Pakistani said hold a lot of truth in any barrel discussion.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#14 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

At the time I bought my etek3 brand new the shaft3 boost kit was still in production and yes I did buy them when I purchased the etek3
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#15 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yea but like you'd buy a different gun just because you don't like the look of one replaceable part.

You can't change the bores on the Etek 3 anyway because PE stopped making Shaft 3 backs years ago.

i wouldn't buy a new axe because it comes with a 12" barrel, not necessarily because i dont like the look of it.
theres plenty of other guns i can buy in the same price range that shoot just as well and come with a nice, 2pc 14" barrel(the drone DX in particular). If i get an axe, i know im going to be replacing the barrel out of the box, so yes, that is a concern of mine.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

i wouldn't buy a new axe because it comes with a 12" barrel, not necessarily because i dont like the look of it.
theres plenty of other guns i can buy in the same price range that shoot just as well and come with a nice, 2pc 14" barrel(the drone DX in particular). If i get an axe, i know im going to be replacing the barrel out of the box, so yes, that is a concern of mine.

Honestly the barrel would be one of the last things I look at when purchasing a marker. And whats wrong with the Axe's barrel.

#17 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Honestly the barrel would be one of the last things I look at when purchasing a marker. And whats wrong with the Axe's barrel.

its a 12" barrel. I've said that at least two times now.
its no secret that 14" has become the standard length that the great majority of players prefer to use. probably upwards of 90% of players based off my paintball career.
I've used 14" barrels for years and years, so when i get a gun that has a barrel thats 12", i know im going to replace that immediately. if you like 12" barrels, then im sure its just as good as anything else out there.
i could play and do fine with a 12", but there would def. be some awkwardness on my part that i'd rather just avoid.

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

its a 12" barrel. I've said that at least two times now.
its no secret that 14" has become the standard length that the great majority of players prefer to use. probably upwards of 90% of players based off my paintball career.
I've used 14" barrels for years and years, so when i get a gun that has a barrel thats 12", i know im going to replace that immediately. if you like 12" barrels, then im sure its just as good as anything else out there.
i could play and do fine with a 12", but there would def. be some awkwardness on my part that i'd rather just avoid.

I got that it was 12" but that definitely makes sense about being used to 14" and the switch being hard to get used to.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 04 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users