14 replies to this topic

#1 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

is it worth it to buy a 180$ gearbag? im currently using and addidas duffelbag and a pod bag to hold my stuff. would it make sense for me to drop that money on a gearbag

#2 evilwho

evilwho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Get a paintball body bag the super is ok or the mega which holds everything and then some

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yes it. Duffle bags are great to start with but the simple fact is they don't have the padding to protect your gear. Plus they probably won't last with all the added stress of paintball gear. I've had a planet eclipse gear bag for about 4 years and its still in the same condition it was when I bought it brand new. And this bag has seen some adventures. One time I even had to drag it a mile into the wood.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

but i dont know why there so expensive. i saw some for 240$. thats a lot. i could buy a really nice gun for that money

#5 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes you could. They're that expensive because of the quality that goes into then. Go to any store that sells luggage. That stuff is expensive as hell to. I hate to say if but the simple truth is in most cases you get what you pay for. What kind of gun are you using right now?
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#6 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

is it worth it to buy a 180$ gearbag? im currently using and addidas duffelbag and a pod bag to hold my stuff. would it make sense for me to drop that money on a gearbag

we can't know that. Do you need one? does all your stuff fit in a duffle bag?
i have a huge redz one that i use from time to time. realistically, im just as happy throwing everything into my trunk and using my car as a staging area.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#7 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I wouldn't spend that much on a gear bag. I would just get a nice travel bag or a duffelbag and put in foam inserts. And for guns, barrels, and hoppers I would just get a case to put them in. Or just could always wrap your soft goods around them. You could always buy a paintball brand backpack. I'm pretty sure they all have padding. I have a paintball backpack that has a place for barrels. It has ok padding, but I got it for $30, so that's not too bad. But if you want a gear bag go for it. They are extremely nice and durable. I just can't suite paying $200 on one.
\Posted Image

#8 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

It comes down to the question, is it worth the money to you? A gearbag should be one of the last things to buy, if you just travel in your car to the the field and home, then no, I wouldn't get one. At the same time, I travel via car and plane all across the country to play, so I happen to have owned multiple gearbags. They are mainly designed for that kind of player, to have multiple guns, tanks, masks, and all your gear protected during long flights, longer drives, and hard days at scenarios and tournaments, and just in general a lot more travel than the average player. Even now if I'm just going to my local field i just grab my Dye backpack and roll with that.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#9 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yes you could. They're that expensive because of the quality that goes into then. Go to any store that sells luggage. That stuff is expensive as hell to. I hate to say if but the simple truth is in most cases you get what you pay for. What kind of gun are you using right now?

im using an etek 3. i guess i dont need a huge bag because i dont have such a huge gun

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

The reason why asked what gun you use is because you said you might just use the on a new gun rather then a gear bag. I new gun always sounds appealing to me but the etek3 is a gun one only needs to upgrade from out of choice not need. You can use it til it dies many years from now and still be competitive with everyone on the field. One really good more affordable option is a planet eclipse back pack and marker bag. I know the marker bag is only around $25. I'll check the cost of the back pack for you.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

The planet eclipse gravel back pack is just under $60 and has a padded section for you marker so there is no need in buying the marker bag if you go with this option.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#12 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Pretty much the only reason you would need a gearbag is for tournament play or travel paintball (basically); those are the two reasons I could reason getting one and those are the two reasons why I got one. Sure you could get one if you don't play tournaments or travel a lot but those are two of the deciding reasons for me.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#13 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

I would tell you to shop around and look at what type of bags each company has to offer and their prices. Not all gear bags are that expensive. I have one and I love it because all my stuff fits into it, it has wheels to pull it and it has held up like a champ. However, I also play a lot of paintball. I would recommend thinking about how much you really play. If you do play a lot why not invest, but there are smaller bags for a lower cost so shop around a little bit.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#14 Moraken

Moraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

If you feel you have need for a paintball spefcific gearbag look around local instead of buying new

people that buy the new ones are often looking to sell their old ones and yoou can pick them up for a much more resonable rate

to date ive spent 30 and 40$ for a redz and a proto bag respectively :tup:

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Well find out first if you really need one. I mean, I used a backpack for a while and the only reason why I got a gear bag was because Empire made us buy one as a part of it's sponsorship package. They're expensive because of all the quality in them for paintball. But its not like you could use a backpack that holds some tools and water, and wear everything else to the field.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users