15 replies to this topic

#1 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm sick of bruised and cut hands whether from shell fragments or rocks, sticks, etc. so I've been looking at different brands of paintball gloves. A friend of mine just uses Mechanix gloves but I would like the better trigger feel that paintball specific gloves provide (full finger).
A couple brands that looked promising were Empire, LYSK, and Eclipse. Any input on these or another that you have used would be much appreciated.

#2 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I can't say much for gloves, but I would imagine Empire or Eclipse gloves would be good. I have heard the new line of Eclipse gloves are great, but I haven't used them personally so I don't know.
\Posted Image

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I use the mechanix gloves, if you want better feel Mike has a video where he shows how to cut the fingers just right.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

The raza whipgrips are actually pretty decent after you get over the $40 hit on your wallet. So nice, can't wait to play with it on field
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#5 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

You could also use motocross gloves. Some motocross gloves have rubberlates on top if your fingers that go from your knuckles to the tip of your finger.that will protect you from anything.

#6 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

I have used Planet Eclipse gloves and I liked them a lot. A lot of other players that I play with also use them. They are nice because you don't really feel like you have anything on (aka they aren't bulky or stiff). Plus, they also have full fingered and half fingered. That's if you change your mind. Check out Tri-City Extreme (www.tri0cityextreme.com) if you are looking to buy. They have good prices and fast shipping if you want them quick!
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Disruptive Gloves are great for 35 bucks. They offer nice injection padding and have mesh on the tips of the fingertips to ease in breathability. The design on the pal isnt only for looks; its to help you get a good hold on your marker. The bottom of your palm comes extra-padded for those hard dives, and above is microfiber with some hard rubber to wipe off those goggle hits. It is a two finger design, so it wont restrict your firing rates.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'm actually a fan of the Grease Monkey brand full-fingered and fingerless gloves that you can get from hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot. They typically run around $8 a pair, have good palm/finger protection, and reasonable back hand protection.

If I wanted to spend more money, I also like the Sly gloves and LYSK as well. Though LYSK is dang hard to find in the States.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have used Planet Eclipse gloves and I liked them a lot. A lot of other players that I play with also use them. They are nice because you don't really feel like you have anything on (aka they aren't bulky or stiff). Plus, they also have full fingered and half fingered. That's if you change your mind. Check out Tri-City Extreme (www.tri0cityextreme.com) if you are looking to buy. They have good prices and fast shipping if you want them quick!

Have you found the Eclipse gloves to be durable, and do they provide good grip on your marker? Not bulky is a big plus, but I would like them to hold up to a lot of abuse if I would spend $35.

Disruptive Gloves are great for 35 bucks. They offer nice injection padding and have mesh on the tips of the fingertips to ease in breathability. The design on the pal isnt only for looks; its to help you get a good hold on your marker. The bottom of your palm comes extra-padded for those hard dives, and above is microfiber with some hard rubber to wipe off those goggle hits. It is a two finger design, so it wont restrict your firing rates.

Wondering the same about the Disruptive gloves, two fingered is a nice compromise between half and full but how is the durability, dexterity, and grip?

#10 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Have you found the Eclipse gloves to be durable, and do they provide good grip on your marker? Not bulky is a big plus, but I would like them to hold up to a lot of abuse if I would spend $35.

They are very durable... mine are still like new and whenever I used them they went through the wash, but were air dried. They do have a great grip on them as well. I never had a problem switching hands are slipping on my regulator.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

They are very durable... mine are still like new and whenever I used them they went through the wash, but were air dried. They do have a great grip on them as well. I never had a problem switching hands are slipping on my regulator.

Hmm, sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. My local shop has some pairs of the 2011 gloves that I'll try on and see if they're getting in some pairs of the 2013.

I'd still like to try out the Disruptive gloves too, unfortunately I've only seen someone with a pair of their tournament pants, but no one with the gloves.

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Wondering the same about the Disruptive gloves, two fingered is a nice compromise between half and full but how is the durability, dexterity, and grip?

I have been using these and favoring these for quite a while now - around 3 years. They are very durable, which is surprising because they're really comfy and padded. By dexterity, if you mean maneuverability, there is little to no restriction in your fingers. With the two trigger fingers cut off, your fingers are free to do as much as they want. The padding works phenomenally for bounces, and the ones on the bottom make sure you don't feel a thing when you're diving. The thin rubber on the palm is very grippy; you won't drop or lose your gun unless you're trying to. They don't come off easy either. With the bulkiness, they are a tad bulky on the back side of your hand, but that's due to the bounce padding. It is not bulky as to restrict you're movement, nor make it look funny, but they are not super slim like the new Empire 2013 Contact ones, which I have also just received from Empire, but I will not review them yet.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 deanmcbride

deanmcbride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

I have use paintball gloves for paintball game. I have use half-finger paintball gloves because pretty good work for slides and it gives better grip to hold gun. Good for walking the trigger as well and it's very comfortable and safe. half finger gloves is better then full finger gloves for paintball game.

#14 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

i like mechanix gloves; they fit me the best. go to your local sears / home depot / lowes and try on everything they have. get what you like. scissors if you don't want a fingertip. ez-pz.

#15 swiftblade13

swiftblade13

he that is

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I've heard good things about these from Field and stream. I cycling gloves also tend to have pretty good sensitivity, as well as these.

Edited by swiftblade13, 21 August 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#16 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I have a pair from Invert and Planet Eclipse if I remember correctly.  I will have to run out to the garage and clarify.  The PE ones were comfortable full fingered  but just had a few areas wear through early.  3 fingers wore... 

The invert have held up well.  Only the stitching for one palm pad is coming up a tad bit.

Both gloves were purchased at the same time, probably 2 years ago so they are either from 2010 or 2011.  The inverts have more play time and less wear.

Both were very comfortable and provided great padding. No detriment to trigger feel either.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users