• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HHTuna

HHTuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

So this guy I work with is selling me a WGP Outkast autococker with a carbon fiber tank, 5 dye barrels, 4 masks, and a padded vest for $100.. I don't know much about this brand (or about good pb markers in general) but I did some research and found out that it's a really good gun and that I'll probably have to take it to a repair shop because it needs to be tuned etc.... Does anyone know anything about this gun? Not sure if it is worth the trouble or not, I read it was a bitch to take apart and oil. The guy said his dad bought it at a yard sale several years ago and it's only been shot once since he owned it. The handle says Dye so i guess it's been customized. The tank is expired but read that I can take it to a course to get it renewed for around $35-$40. So in total it'll probably cost me around $200 maybe? Seem worth it?

Edited by HHTuna, 03 February 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Air tanks have a finite lifespan from their "born" date. If they are much older tanks, some brands have to be tested every 3 years and cannot be used more than 15 years from born if they keep passing, and the others must be tested every 5 years and can't be used past 15 years. http://www.pbnation....ead.php?t=60562 Newer cf tanks are all on 5 year testing intervals with a 15 year lifespan.

As for the gun itself, it's unknown whether you will need it repaired, but chances are there will be some leaks, which is usually easily fixed by swapping o-rings in the regs or putting new pneumatics hose on the front block.

Will you be able to test the gun with air at all before buying?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 03 February 2013 - 11:20 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 HHTuna

HHTuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yes, he told me I could borrow it for a bit and I plan on playing at a course in a couple of weeks to try it out. The bad thing is that I am pretty sure it needs new o rings and whatever since it's been sitting in his basement for awhile.. I'm sure I can replace the o rings myself but maybe I need to take it somewhere to get the hoses replaced and whatever else it needs? This gun seems complicated so I don't really trust myself haha.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

It's actually not that bad. It may seem complicated at first, but I'm sure you'll get it figured out once you spend a few minutes giving it a once over.

You can just swap out leaky hose yourself. Just buy a length of autococker pneumatic hose, and cut it to the length you need to reach from the 3-way (the part with all 3 barbs close together) to either the LPR (the biggest part on the front), or the two leads on the ram (part connected to the back block).

Also, the autococker show of death is a fun watch:

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5 HHTuna

HHTuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hey thanks for the video! It actually seems pretty cool. I have a spyder TL-X and plan on getting more into paintball and wanted a better gun. I was looking at the Envy online and that looks pretty good.. I'll try the autococker out soon to see if I like it.

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Autocockers are really fun guns to use, I hope you enjoy it.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

cockers are solid fun shooters but if its going quirky on you, you have to give it the time and respect it deserves to get it sorted but once you do they're AWESOME

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users